The Corroboree
Torsten

Major upgrade due

nothing to see here

(stupid post :blush: )

Edited by dr lucien sanchez

Just like to report a feature that is a bit of a pain in the butt. The PM system is now grouping all pm's in a conversation together which is kinda handy, however one can no longer delete individual pm's from another person, instead you have to delete the whole conversation stream which kinda sux. You can delete your replies from the conversation but not a reply from the person your corresponding with.

Just thought I'd log it here for when you have time T :)

Good observation. I will tell the developers about this as it should be easy to fix. Can you remind me again in a few weeks please [by PM].

No major complaints. I am wondering what's happened to the blogs though - even when I'm logged in I get the 'you od not have permission to view blogs' message (Apologies if this has already been covered and I've missed it).

blog permissions have been fixed. sorry about the delay.

Banner looks good... :wink:

Now what to do with all that creative space between it and the member avatar box...think.gif

edit; actually just some more of that brown stone would look pretty wicked actually.

Edited by Chiral

chiral, that 'space' is compactable so that people less fortunate than you and I [ie with smaller screens] don't have to scroll back and forth to read each line of text. If I was to make that an image then it would not compact anymore.

woot woot..did somebody say embed

13QmpqF9G8E

nevermind, looks like we're not there yet

Edited by rogdog

embedding can usually only be done by html but allowing html in forum posts is a big no no security-wise. so, I will probably turn on html for the mods so that if anyone wants to embed media they can approach their respective mods for help.

there may also be ways of embedding some media via BB code [which is turned on]. will find out more.

for the moment I just wanted to make it possible for a particular set of media to be made available which is going to happen in the next few days, so stay tuned.

Edited by Torsten

Hmm I see.

being able to upload media..ie; audio files would be sooo cool particularly for any budding producers here, I don't know how that works but you would obviously need some space for the files, and audio files tend to be big, perhaps 500mg allocated for audio, once it reaches capacity the oldest files are deleted to allow a new upload. All this is probably way too much hassle to police as heaps of members may abuse it and upload heaps of crapola too often.

One thing I noticed today is that when editing a post I haven't been able to edit the actual thread title, normally the thread starter can edit the title, sometimes this is necessary as a thread turns into something else or you realize later that you miss pelt something.

Hmm I see.

being able to upload media..ie; audio files would be sooo cool particularly for any budding producers here, I don't know how that works but you would obviously need some space for the files, and audio files tend to be big, perhaps 500mg allocated for audio, once it reaches capacity the oldest files are deleted to allow a new upload. All this is probably way too much hassle to police as heaps of members may abuse it and upload heaps of crapola too often.

One thing I noticed today is that when editing a post I haven't been able to edit the actual thread title, normally the thread starter can edit the title, sometimes this is necessary as a thread turns into something else or you realize later that you miss pelt something.

Kinda cool to see a drug addict given moderator powers ;) ... but you cant be serious about changing a thread title after people start posting in the thread. I've been caught out once before here, posting in a thread, and down the track, the title gets changed into something I certainly would not get invloved in. Jeez, it's cool to fix up typos and stuff with an edit, or even add new material to a post, but you realy should make your edits clear if it changes the context of a post, but to change the thread title after people have posted is seriously fucked up.

see how it works..[edit to add] if a topic goes off-topic, sort it out, but do not change the thread title to suit where it goes

Edited by rogdog

Kinda cool to see a drug addict given moderator powers ;) ... but you cant be serious about changing a thread title after people start posting in the thread.

HUH...!!

I have never from memory changed a threads name so its nothing like the original, the only reason I asked about this is because I received a PM from a member who kindly pointed out that i had miss spelt triptikas name in his birthday wishes thread...apparently it is Tripitika with an extra I...it's nothing much but with avatar names you can sometimes have two similar or spelt names and in this case the person who PM'd me thought I should know and perhaps correct my mistake.

As for your opening line above, I kind of take offense at being called a drug addict, not sure where you are coming from with that, perhaps you are making some kind of circular logic joke that I am not evolved enough to understand.

HUH...!!

I have never from memory changed a threads name so its nothing like the original, the only reason I asked about this is because I received a PM from a member who kindly pointed out that i had miss spelt triptikas name in his birthday wishes thread...apparently it is Tripitika with an extra I...it's nothing much but with avatar names you can sometimes have two similar or spelt names and in this case the person who PM'd me thought I should know and perhaps correct my mistake.

As for your opening line above, I kind of take offense at being called a drug addict, not sure where you are coming from with that, perhaps you are making some kind of circular logic joke that I am not evolved enough to understand.

Sorry Chiral, didn't mean to upset you. It was a joke about putting in 500mg instead of 500MB

LOL @ the 500mg. Didn't even notice that when I read it.

Topic starters used to have the power to edit their titles, but after a couple of incidences [including this one: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21611 ] I've decided to remove that option for the protection of everyone who posts in these threads. I will however give the mods the editing power, so that if there are spelling mistakes or other urgent reasons for minor edits then these can be done by mods.

edit: have completed the permission settings, so this is now working.

Hmm I see.

perhaps 500mg allocated for audio,

Yeah man I've got 500mg of audio. it's good shit too, gets you totally ripped...tongue.gif

You have to admit that thread was pretty funny though. At least you seemed to take it in good humour at the time. Retrospective derision I have always found to be an unadmirable trait.

Nowhere near as funny as suddenly seeing a thread headed by me which I never started as a thread with a title completely authored by someone else, which you sanctioned. http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22778

If you wanna talk about abuse, then that's staring at you in the face.

Every time there's some potentially healing distance, you have to dig the boot in. Wretched, absolutely wretched. Makes me wonder if there's some time-unhealed scab of yours that you're accustomed to watch bleed without drying.

New format takes about 3 times longer on dialup to download and go to new threads etc. BTW

Love,

Edited by Huichol_Eyebrow

You are putting words in my mouth again which is blatantly dishonest. I did not approve of that thread or even find it funny. It doesn't really take any skill to do what you did, it just takes someone who aims for discord and disruption - neither of which are traits I admire.

However, your argument forced me to re read the thread and I realised that I held off on giving you a warn point purely because I thought you must have had a good reason for doing what you did. As it turns out your reason was exactly the one I had assumed initially for which I was going to give you a warn point. Sorry about the delay.

Lol. This thread's gonna end up in "Bitches and Gripes". :lol:

Is it my imagination, or is Chiral's 'correction' to Tripitaka's name still incorrect?

ballzac - chiral's correction suggestion above was still incorrect so I thought I'd help out and edit the actual thread title myself ;)

tripi's profile is here:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showuser=66

Huichol eyebrow - you know that insults are against the rules. tsk tsk. No need to bin this thread - time to bin huichol I think.

yeah i'm hopeless when it comes to gramma and posting...I'm developing some sort of dyslexia or something, 9 out of 10 posts I have to edit for missing words or serious typos, sometimes even after an edit it's still wrong, i type and the words are coming out fast and furious in my mind, I read what I write and it makes sense, I post, then read again and what do you know there are many missing words and appalling spelling errors. it's almost like there is a blanking module in my mind that doesn't see completely missed words for a time. Never used to have any issues with gramma, in fact in high school I came top of the class for english and art.

spell check on or not I still don't see the mistakes until some time after..wierd stuff.

I've had trouble placing uploaded images within text. The place holder does not come up.

And links head forward instead of a to a new window requiring you to click back to return to the forum.

Great apart form those couple of small issues.

upload function has been working fine for me. plz ler me know if this remains a problem

i noticed the links issue too but haven't found a setting for it - yet.

edit: link issue should be fixed now. not sure if it will fix retrospectively, but all new external links should open in new window.

Thanks Torsten

pressed the add to post button but didn't put a placeholder within the text to position the image inside the text

post-3173-126067108026_thumb.jpg

Both images just end up at the bottom of the post.

post-3173-126067109543_thumb.jpg

Thanks.

are you uploading/placing the pics at the end of the composition or are you doing it at the time of the text chronology?

actually, I just worked out what's wrong. you are not adding them to the post.

once you have uploaded the image you ahve to click ito the text, then click 'add to post', then move curosr to the next position and click 'add to post' on the second image, etc. It's actually the same process as with the old software, but the buttons are a little easier to see and manage.

I've edited you post to show that it works.

so, if you just want the pics tacked to the bottom of your post then simply upload, but if you want them position in a particular spt then yu ahve to use the 'add to post' button'.