The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

jamie oliver trips

Watched this tonight..... HERE

now what is it??? he said it was a cactus fungus that mexicans use for a legal high. def wasnt mesc as it kicked in instantly but he asked and she said mescal or something like that. he broke a bit off a large bit the size of a small footy. it just doesnt make sense!!! cactus fungus???

Shit eh ! wonder what it was :huh:

Puffball fungus by any chance?

20086411.JPG

shroom3.jpg

GI'-I-SA-WA. _Lycoperdon marginatum_ and _L. mixtecorum._ Family

Lycoperdaceae.

Material: Puffball fungus found at high altitudes in temperate

forests in Mexico.

Usage: Puffball and/or spores are ingested.

Active Constituents: Unidentified alkaloid.

Effects: Half-sleep state with non-visual hallucinations (voices,

echoes, and other sound).

Edited by Dale Cooper

yeah dude thats it!!! i wanna know more about it. has anyone ever had any experiance with them? interesting?

• Like 1

Well if it is a psychedelic hes talking about then I would assume its the sclerotia of P.Mexicana hes referring too

(Also commonly known as 'philosophers stones' 'magic truffles' etc.)

They takes as long as normal mushrooms to kick in though, so not sure about the 'instant' part, probably just editing.

Isn't philosopher's stone Psilocybe Tampanensis?

Perhaps with a palette as sensitive as Jamies,

he experiences what many people do on their first time with hallucinogens

the moment it passes ones lips, they can already feel it?

I had my first experience with Amanita as I held it.

I think the cactus-fungus part is him messing it up, or deliberate misinfo.

And btw, foaf only has to lick the teaspoon he stirs his cactus tea with to get oev's.

Edited by G*P

Well if it is a psychedelic hes talking about then I would assume its the sclerotia of P.Mexicana hes referring too

(Also commonly known as 'philosophers stones' 'magic truffles' etc.)

They takes as long as normal mushrooms to kick in though, so not sure about the 'instant' part, probably just editing.

definatly not stones. its defintly a puffball. if you look at dale's first pic how the section is cut out? thats what jamie had. same texture same size same colour like a cheese slice. he definatly called it a "cactus fungus" but he just got his facts mixed up. this puffball is very interesting. would love to know more

Very disappointing he didn't make an appertiser with it. For shame, pommy cracker

i didnt actually see the show but saw the add a few days ago, it looked like "prickly pear" to me.

i didnt actually see the show but saw the add a few days ago, it looked like "prickly pear" to me.

yeah that was a differant bit. he cooked with prickly pear

Opuntia is the most stupid 'food' of all time if you ask me. The fruit is pretty boring, and no matter how much effort you expend avoiding getting glochids in your hands and face, it's gonna happen. I've never had the flesh of the plant, but can't imagine that it's any more worth the pain than the fruit is.

• Like 1

definatly not stones. its defintly a puffball. if you look at dale's first pic how the section is cut out? thats what jamie had. same texture same size same colour like a cheese slice. he definatly called it a "cactus fungus" but he just got his facts mixed up. this puffball is very interesting. would love to know more

Golden guide on erowid has info on them not a lot but a good starting point I would like to try these also but i'm not sure if they grow in Oz I might ask Rev

PUFFBALLS (Lycoperdon mixtecorum and L. marginotum) are used by the Mixtec Indicins Of Oaxaca, Mexico as auditory hallucinogens. After eating these fungi, a native hears voices and echoes. There is apparently no ceremony connected with puffballs, and they do not enjoy the place as divinatory agents that the mushrooms do in Oaxaca. L. mixtecorum is the stronger of the two. It is called gi-i-wa, meaning ''fungus of the first quality." L. marginatum, which has a strong odor of excrement is known as gi-i-sa-wa, meaning ''fungus of the second quality.

Although intoxicating substances have not yet been found in the puffballs, there are reports in the literature that some of them have had narcotic effects when eaten. Most of the estimated 50 to 100 species of Lycoperdon grow in mossy forests of the temperate zone. They belong to the Lycoperdaceae, a family of the Gasteromycetes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online...de/g51-60.shtml

http://www.blueswami.com/Fungiphotos.html?...esc&pic=276

the variety shown here is supposedly common in NSW and Queensland although can't find anything as to if it was used traditionally ...proceed with caution if you persue this

Edited by neoshaman

Generally speaking commercial 'stones' can be either mex or tamp, tamp more highly sought after.

There are also many other types of psychedelic mushrooms that will or can form sclerotia and if left to grow for a long time undisturbed the sclerotic balls can get quite large, as large as a baseball or given the right conditions maybe a basketball or larger as I have seen with black truffles.

Generally speaking commercial 'stones' can be either mex or tamp, tamp more highly sought after.

There are also many other types of psychedelic mushrooms that will or can form sclerotia and if left to grow for a long time undisturbed the sclerotic balls can get quite large, as large as a baseball or given the right conditions maybe a basketball or larger as I have seen with black truffles.

:drool2::drool2::drool2:

Opuntia is the most stupid 'food' of all time if you ask me. The fruit is pretty boring, and no matter how much effort you expend avoiding getting glochids in your hands and face, it's gonna happen. I've never had the flesh of the plant, but can't imagine that it's any more worth the pain than the fruit is.

hehehe ballzac! I think proper tools could help. But hair removal strips man! Just save some hair removal strips next time you do a Brazilian wax job :wink:

^^

it's a little uncomfortable watching someone make a fool of themselves like that :slap:

• Like 1

Maybe it's Mescal, as in Mescal bean, as in Calia?

its clearly the agave fruit thing. fuck what a twat he is...

post-1342-0-67885800-1320673902_thumb.jp

post-1342-0-67885800-1320673902_thumb.jpg

post-1342-0-67885800-1320673902_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder why the woman says it might make you feel like *moves head around*? She says 'cerveza' after that, which is beer. But then also says its like gum. :scratchhead: