The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alice

Why were the Naughty plants & Gardening Tips threads merged?

They're not exactly related? Well, maybe in the smallest sense but it's a long stretch...

Am I missing something?

Dunno...who's in charge of that forum..planthelper...?

Kinda riuned the whole thread really, there's heaps of just chit chat back n forth and the very first post doesn't even say anything, it's been edited by Torsten... :huh:

Naughty plants...rolleyes.gif how very lame.

Vote one to separate the 2 back again.

hi!

i think it"s a good idea to have them merged,

as it didn't look good to have a low views sticky topic at this subforum.

i am no fan of more than one sticky topic anyway.

i can truly understand your critisism,

but i rather leave it the way it is now.

i think it"s a good idea to have them merged,

as it didn't look good to have a low views sticky topic at this subforum.

Seriously, what does that even mean PH...?

You're concerned over the amount of views a pinned thread has...?

Pin naughty plants by it's self then, and don't pin the garden tips, fuck it would be better than merging 2 completely different topics into one.

Pin naughty plants by it's self then, and don't pin the garden tips, fuck it would be better than merging 2 completely different topics into one.

Agreed. It does seem a strange decision PH... they really have almost nothing in common other than maybe that one post in the Gardening Tips thread referring to the big 5.

Why have a sticky at all? I know the intention is for the thread to stand out, but I rarely if ever even notice most of the sticky's, and the new and exciting stuff is generally found in more recent posts. Perhaps someone completely new to the forum might read the sticky, but other than that...

A lot of the stickies haven't even had a post in years.

Booo...Hisssss...!!!!!

fans-booing.jpg?w=336&h=220

Un-merge those threads...FREE GARDENING TIPS..CLAP CLAP CLAP..FREE GARDENING TIPS...CLAP CLAP CLAP...

haha, put's a smile on my face...

look, i know what you mean, but for anybody using this forum, it looks far better if the sticky has lot's of views.

we live in a world where "nummbers" knowingly or subconsciously influence our decision making constantly,

one of them might be, low view count sticky,- can't be a good forum.

the original sticky topic suffered some malicious editing attacks, so merging this two threads is aswell an attempt to fix this old issue.

PH, that is terrible justification :o:(

Come on, who cares how many views a sticky has, seriously?!?

The two topics are unrelated!

Quality (of thread) not quantity (of hits)...

:(

Oh you disappoint me Mr planthelper...the low view count would only be because the thread was really only in it's infancy, after a year or more there would have been thousands of views...but hang on...what difference does that make...now you have me sucked into your circular logic.rolleyes.gif

I wonder how many other pinned threads in other forums here have lower view counts than gardening tips and have never been merged...Gardening tips would have remained quite popular and get bumped quite regularly, there is always someone new who trys something different with success or failure and love to tell us about it. That thread would be the most common thread bumped if left on it's own.

Once again..a thread called naughty plants is just sooooo lame.

FWIW, on other forums elsewhere I derive great knowledge and enjoyment from the pinned threads, particularly if you are just starting out getting into a particular subject...anyone ever read through the Nooks chem forum...damn there is some of the finest information available in the world for ethnobots everywhere just in those pinned threads.

I will start a poll and have a vote PH, on this subject of re-splitting the threads...is that a threat...maybe...cool.gif

It's true,stuck topics are never read.

rubbish.jpg

forsure chiral those pinned threads at the nook are definitely a great source of infos, i dunno if me if still around but he used to post some really funky shite re cactus.

forsure chiral those pinned threads at the nook are definitely a great source of infos, i dunno if me if still around but he used to post some really funky shite re cactus.

Ahh poor old ME...poor bugger was eventually grassed up and is now in a cage somewhere. His knowledge and prowess with mesc was brilliant, as was Teo's groundbreaking solvent drying and gassing tek. Seriously though between ME, Teo, Ion, Winder and foaf, they really nailed it, seems every single question on the work ups has been asked and answered, all one has to do is simply open the pinned threads and begin to learn. took me approx 3 months to read through them but was time well spent, it's locked and loaded in the grey matter now.

Ahh poor old ME...poor bugger was eventually grassed up and is now in a cage somewhere. His knowledge and prowess with mesc was brilliant, as was Teo's groundbreaking solvent drying and gassing tek. Seriously though between ME, Teo, Ion, Winder and foaf, they really nailed it, seems every single question on the work ups has been asked and answered, all one has to do is simply open the pinned threads and begin to learn. took me approx 3 months to read through them but was time well spent, it's locked and loaded in the grey matter now.

ah man thats sad to heat about me :( i reckon teos still around perhaps not as vocal.. come on teo we all miss you bro!!! :wink: its good to know chiral that out of all the ppl that come and go that you take the time to post and contribute and study the intricacies of the art that we all love. booyah :bong:

Edited by -YT-