The Corroboree
faustus

1 x EGA 2009 ticket up for grabs

i have one spare ticket to EGA 2009. my ex was going to come but given that i've thoroughly pissed her off it's unlikely that she'll come, so i'm offering this ticket up for grabs.

as the son of two uneducated peasant immigrants, i recognise that the dice are loaded in favour of the rich. so i'd like to offer the ticket to someone who would otherwise be unable to afford going to this year's conference.

entry criteria: the possession of a valid centrelink concession card.

to enter just post here, and i'll randomly select a winner. if your pride prevents you from posting here, then PM me instead.

i'll keep this up for a few days at most, so that the winner has enough time to arrange transport

:)

Mmmm.... tentatively posting, having a ticket and not much funds is slightly worrying...how long to go 2 weeks huh...see what happens.

entry criteria: the possession of a valid centrelink concession card.

:worship:

Although...does this rule out the homeless? As far as I'm aware, you need an address to receive any centrelink benefits or concessions. :scratchhead:

I'm not entering unfortunately, too busy with uni, but really think you should be commended for this :)

Although...does this rule out the homeless? As far as I'm aware, you need an address to receive any centrelink benefits or concessions.

i had a big argument with someone about this. i insisted that they can't get benefits, while they said that homeless people could put down a homeless shelter down as a residence and therefore do get centrelink, but they blow it all when they get it.

worst case scenario, let's just say that i'm prejudiced against homeless people who don't get centrelink but still have access to the internet :P

i had a big argument with someone about this. i insisted that they can't get benefits, while they said that homeless people could put down a homeless shelter down as a residence and therefore do get centrelink, but they blow it all when they get it.

This would require that the person is still at the same shelter six months later when centrelink actually sends them the right forms for applying for their benefits :wink:. They would also need to be at the same shelter another six months later when they finally receive a letter saying that their application for benefits has been processed and will be paid on confirmation that benefits are still required :slap:. They would also need to be at the shelter a year later when, after dozens of phonecalls asking where their health care card is, it finally arrives. They would also need to have a bank account and 100 points of ID :rolleyes:.

Anyway, this could be a whole thread in itself. I should let you get back to giving away an EGA ticket B)

hey this is perfect. im on the pension and with new baby havnt been able to afford a ticket yet.

i gotta get back into posting again instead of lurking but thats another story.

gotta figure transport but that wont be any trouble im sure..... hell ill hitch-hike to ega if ihave to, ive been in withdrawls for a year or more.

much love, when will it be drawn?

actually, im cutting it close.... didnt realise date was start of november this year....

might just have to see what happens... but not looking good...

I just got the chance to try and get down there too.

Looks like it'll be like our '06 effort Amulte.

cheap, cheap. lol

EGA.. woot!

much love legba, that would be awesome. how are you travelling down?

was just thinking my major problem is cash, its all tied up in debt.

ROFLMAO but i dont have a ticket so i shouldnt count my chikens b4 they hatch.

The juxtaposition here is that anyone on centrelink is already struggling their arse off to just to live basically and survive, add a child and it's hectic as hell to manage. Need plenty of spending money when you are going away to an event like this, it's an extremely generous offer no doubt, might suit a single person between jobs or student who is not tied to responsibilities.

hate to see the ticket go to waste though... :(

Need plenty of spending money when you are going away to an event like this.

I dunno. Travel expenses may be a bit much for those coming from interstate, but... When I went in 06 I basically just took about $50, and the only thing I spent it on was Bruce Fuhrer's fungi book. I rented cabin space, but if I had've had a tent, I wouldn't have needed to spend that money. For food, I took a few tins of soup and some muesli bars. For anyone who has a car and a tent and lives in victoria, it can all be done pretty cheaply once you have the ticket.

ok, so far i have:

legba

chiral

amulte

+1

just ensure that you can arrange transport there.

i'll keep this open until next wednesday, noon.

Damn fine gesture Faustus :)

I'd love to go,but my partner will be in her 2nd Trimester by then...this is all new to both of us hey.

(Amulte we need to talk :wink: )

BTW if ya got a Centrelink card then you can use the concession for travel guys don't forget!

Good luck, and I hope someone can get there because of Faustus' generosity.

B)

I'd love to go,but my partner will be in her 2nd Trimester by then...this is all new to both of us hey.

(Amulte we need to talk :wink: )

would be glad to chat anytime my friend. was thinking well organise a sit down if you and your lady are keen. my lady will make and bake pregnancy safe foods and such ;) can even give you a menu that covers all food groups per day (and is yummy!). We got plenty of help when we were first working it all out, what goes around comes around, paying it forward so to speak.

now enough thread hijacking.. sorry all ;)

thank you faustus for the chance to be in the draw :)

Damn... as a pensioner I would have loved to enter the draw but already agreed to buy Spoonman's ticket.

Good luck everybody - would love to catch up with legba chiral and amulte. Such a shame there can only be one.

I'm gunna have to pull out, I just can't see my way clear to being able to sustain and support a venture away at this time. Thanks for the chance to obtain a ticket though, such a nice gesture, have fun whoever gets it.. :)

I myself am on centrelink but I've already got a ticket, I've got a friend after a ticket, I don't know if he's on centrelink. Can I still apply?

found out if he is and he's in.

entries end noon tomorrow.

Awesome offer faustus, love seeing this sort of thing!

fingers crossed

good luck everyone

according to the fates, mac is the winner. congrats my friend!

to the other unsuccessful entrants -- my apologies, i wish i had enough tix to give one to each of you.

:worship: !!!!!!!!BIG grats to mac!!!!!!!! :worship:

hope you have a good time :D

Thanks guys i just logged in to the forum & saw a pm from faustus saying i had won

Well the good news for everyone else who entered is you may have another chance, because sadly i cant make it

I got a call the other day to go down & speak to someone about a work trial & did not think i would get it as i am only good for light duties for the rest of my life

Anyhow i went down there yesterday for a chat & to my surprise they got me in today to do some data entry entering new clients into their computer system, & i picked it up fairly fast & was offered a work trial

So ill have to work on the Friday, half the day Saturday & Monday, i would rather someone use the ticket for the full 4 days as its would be a waste me going for 1 day or asking to start my work trial at a later date.

So sadly i have to decline the only thing i have ever won besides a jelly bean counting contest :BANGHEAD2:

Im not too happy about it but im also not sad because i have a chance to get back into the workforce after a 10 yr absence

So again Good luck everyone & faustus M8 sorry for stuffing you around but i didnt think i had much on until i was offered this work :slap:

Edited by mac