The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wattleking

Some source information what to find in your area?

Hey Everyone, Just wanted to know is there a website that someone knows about where it will list all psychoactive plants in your area/region I guess i'm talking about Australia here. But yeah guess if there wasn't such a site would it be a good idea for someone to share this information and compile a site? i'm in the North Burnet /Wide Bay region but more North Burnett is there anyone out there who can tell me a few species of plants/fungii's that I may be able to find in my local area or point me in the right direction/?. Thanks in advance.

^^ Feed me, feeeed meeeee...^^ :P (I jest)

Nothing I can help you with personally but If you have a good look around the forum and over at AE there is a fair bit of location related information for the major areas of interest in Australia and lots of links to relevant sites.

There are some very general ones if you can find them but I dont think there is really any detailed location specific data bases available, or at least not in they way I think you mean as that would take a staggering amount of collaboration and research.

Sounds like a good project for you to start though mate :)

i have some really interesting acacias here that need identifying. im about 3 hrs from sydney.

if anyone who knows what they are talking about wants to come on a bushwalk i would really value their opinion!!

i'm in the North Burnet /Wide Bay region but more North Burnett is there anyone out there who can tell me a few species of plants/fungii's that I may be able to find in my local area or point me in the right direction/?.

if the rain picks up you might find psilocybe cubensis growing in suitably shaded cow paddocks, although in my experience its too dry and windy in the north burnett. but would be interesting to hear of other local experiences... a trip to the sunshine coast hinterland for a spot of bush walking through cow paddocks might be in order. acacia concurrens might also be present if you near the coast, but its not a confirmed dmt source as far as I am aware.

google is a powerful thing :)

There is alot of information about plant species on NPWS firemanagement .pdfs just takes some searching through. Also local weed lists can be informative. Although neither of the aforementioned contain all the information about an area. It just takes time to get used to identifying things for yourself.

A bit like fishing really... pick a target species and fish for that. Like you are not going to catch a whiting with a live mullet sort of thing...

fucked if I know what I'm on about here... is this metaphor working for anyone else lol

namaste

edit: just did a quick google of north burnett - there are some quite extensive species lists for your area.

Edited by meanies