The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rabelais

Glaucine

Did a search but not much came up on this here...or anywhere else for that matter.

Found links, but nothing really thorough or convincing. Some reference use of roots, another referencing seed pods. I have a plant which could probably be harvested but not sure if it's worth bothering with.

Anyone have some experiences with use or extraction to share?

Have not tried in its pure form, but it is an ingredient in some sensory type New Zealand party pills. Unfortunately its always cut with stimulants such as Geranium extract (DMAA). Still, it seems to override the stimulant giving the pills a very smacky feel, but sleep is still difficult.

A Bulgarian cough suppressant, large doses appear somewhat hallucinogenic, have been likened to mild dose DXM or LSA with closed eye visuals and a lucid dreamy state.

I am currently growing Glaucium horned poppy (Glaucium corniculatum), so will experiment with the pods when ripe.

the active in yellow horned poppy , very mild in plant form I know pple that use it in smoking mixes it would be intresting to know if it can be extracted using wwater as a tea is what i would try first before attempting any more complex concentrations I have started a thread on Glaucine Containing plants somewhere here i will find it and link it later

:bootyshake: Rectal administration of Yellow Horned Poppy didn't do SHIT for me :wink: I have the amount used written down somewhere if anyone is curious.

Just a good old fashioned tea (with some lemon juice) is a strong sedative to help with sleep.

hallo

this is 3. hand info, so take it with grain of salt :

Glaucium Flavum contain around 15 isochinolinic alcaloids (2,9-4%)

half of that is glaucine (1.5-2%) + there is

glauvine

allokryptonine

protopine

sanguarin

and toxic chelerytrine

main alcaloid in roots is fumarin

http://www.biotox.cz/enpsyro/pj3rglf.html

After trying a glaucium flavium decoction, I was a mouse-click from ordering some pure glaucine from an overseas supplier a few months back. they were offering an acid or base extract. I've never dealt with an internationally located ethnobotannical or 'grey-area' pharmaceutical suppliers, so I thought I'd hold onto my hard-earned pennies

Edited by momomoto

I find yellow hornpoppy (Glaucium flavum) to be a bit hit or miss. When it hits it seems pretty good imo - definite sedation and visual phenomena.