The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bongchitis

WTB Sceleteum Tortuosum cuttings or Seed

G'Day All,

Just wondering if anyone had any spare material from their scelly plant that they wanted to part with. It doesn't have to be Tortuosum either, I just like the way it sounds to be honest.

I have read that seed can be a little problematic so would prefer cuttings but beggars can't be choosers and I would be happy with anything really.

Have some nice cacti strains if a trade is more your style also.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and thankyou...........Bongchitis

If WT is doing the tortuosum, i have S. emarcidum seed for you if wanted, just pm me your postal details and will get it out when i can.

I think they generally need to be leached with running or changing water a few times in a soak; you can leach things that take ages by tying a stocking inside the toilet cistern, but a little extreme :P

I've found if you are lazy enough and leave them in the water for a few weeks they will shoot in great quantity eventually; else i usually soak/leach a few times and then use a decent amount of seed and get some very vigorous seedlings but not huge amount considering the total seed put down; then sporadically some sprout in later months or years.

Got some S. emarcidum and some seedlings of the other varities if needed

Thanks for the offer Gerbil and Sharx, much appreciated. I like my gardening but the seeds sound a little difficult. WT has hooked me up with some cuttings so I am all good.

Cheers guys.

Bong