The Corroboree
mr b.caapi

My new Tatt

The mrs bought me a Tattoo for my B/day , I fell in love with this representation of Wirakocha after reading Trouts notes :San pedro.

Its only half done and a lot has to be added around it but its a start.

932.jpg

• Like 10

Hey man, that tattoo is sweet. This is not wirakocha though. This image first appears on the wall at the chavin de huantar temple in chavin, peru, and is a representation of a huachumero, or san pedro shaman from the chavin civilisation. The Incas did not even use san pedro particualrly much, or even at all. It predates the incas by two millenia and represents (for me at least) the apogee of san pedro ceremonial work. The actual stonework is about a two by two foot square and is still in its original location after 2000 years. Unfortunately the female huachumera is no longer on site. The male and female chamans were facing each other, the female differentiated by the wearing of feathers in the hair (most likely of the harpe eagle). There is a great book called "Chavin - origins of andean civilisation" if you wish to know more. The huachumero appears in a procession of transforming figures, including humans transforming into animals etc., many under the influences of sacred plants and demonstrates an inherent balance the chavin belived to be in existence in the universe, and which was understood through the use of san pedro.

Just thought you might be interested. I think this is a powerful and mysterious image that tells us a great deal about the consciousness of this ancient civilisation. And it makes a great tattoo. Nice one.

Micro

• Like 4

Hey cool !! thanks for thate mate ! ive been searching all over the net for more info on the image but to no avail. The book i found it in said it was Wira-Kocha but after viewing other images of him i was starting to get confused. You helped me a heap. Champion :wink:

Edited by Mr B.caapi
  • Like 1

thats a cool pic, cant wait to see the finished piece

AFter seeing Mayan ruins and hearing some of their history from their own decendents mouths and also feeling the vibes of their places I wouldnt get their image tattooed on me - I understand this is peruvian but in central america at least mysticism isnt considered mysicism - its reality - cars, cattle, spirits and beings are all the same to them.

Sweeeet Mr Caapi B)

Very nice Mr Caapi!

Good clean lines. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Awesome! This aught to turn out unreal when it's finished B) I've been a huge fan of the glyph since coming across it in one of MSSmith's threads here - even made a small tablet with the glyph on it out of clay a while back.

Nice tattoo...was always the one I wanted, but maybe not so damn big. Here's some photos to enjoy.

~Michael~

post-19-1253897218_thumb.jpg

post-19-1253897279_thumb.jpg

post-19-1253897293_thumb.jpg

post-19-1253897307_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I thought of getting a similar design, but opted for the mayan vision serpent

post-902-0-54728100-1294988967_thumb.jpg

close up (Small).JPG

close up (Small).JPG

• Like 3

I thought of getting a similar design, but opted for the mayan vision serpent

Yeah Man!!

Cool Stickers

sdfsdg

Edited by Teljkon

awesome tat,

I just found a small, 2" x 3" maybe ivory relief carving of this image in a bazaar in turkey. which is extremely odd, and there was nothing else remotely similar, or even from the same continent anywhere in any other bazaars. i think i have to go back and buy it, although i would love to know more about it.

cheers! self

oi caapi who did tha work??i have a sleeve with native aussie bugs with native mayan/ aztec shit!!

• Like 3

hmmm, i applaud you all! archaic values indeed.

awesome tat,

I just found a small, 2" x 3" maybe ivory relief carving of this image in a bazaar in turkey. which is extremely odd, and there was nothing else remotely similar, or even from the same continent anywhere in any other bazaars. i think i have to go back and buy it, although i would love to know more about it.

cheers! self

Maybe take a photo only. Ivory will be a problem if youre taking it home (assuming you live in Australia or the US)

Yeah thanks for the information! Always loved the image! Curious if it is the Jaguar avatar? I notice the tatt doesn't have the claws though - is that intentional?

new pygmy skull with feathered dragon !

Nice bold lines, visible from 10 feet, looks good.

• Like 1

bump

How'd she turn out Mr Caapi ?

Edited by Halcyon Daze

Yes, yes! Please show how it looks now. I've thought of getting this for years and think I may be getting ready to do it.

hahahahaa daze awesum!!