The Corroboree
psychoshaman

W.A quarantine laws and seeds

Is it possible to buy seeds from SAB and still recieve them in W.A, like say P. viridis, or is it a hopeless endevour, i recall reading that if the seeds were treated it would be ok, any help with this would be greatly apreciated or maybe someone in W.A could help this poor soul out in the west, with a possible pathway into obtaining such seeds and or plants (unfortunately my P. viridis died :(((( ) so i am looking to start again.

most seeds we offer are not permitted species in WA.

Sadly the WA quarantine website absolutely sucks so it will take a long time to work out the status of each and every species and until I have done at least the most common items we are not sending any orders to WA that contain any seeds, plants or herbal products.

The fine for doing so can be up to $5000 per offence and can be collected from the vendor or the buyer, however it seems WAQIS has decided the vendor is an easier target.

i have read on other sites that can send to WA, that if you are acredited with the ICA-29 Protocol its alright???

Edited by Bush_Turkey

you have to be accredited AND the species has to be permitted. most of ours are not permitted so there is no point in getting accredited.

it is true that WAQIS are very "concerned" -shall we say- about plants, seeds and soil. They should not be, nor in my experience are, concerned with herbal materials much, only insofar as they may conatin pests. There is far more reasonableness concerning treatment of herbs than there is tolerance of foreign plants, soil and seeds.

now Herbalistics are not sending plants or seeds to WA!!! now we have fark all :( might drive over east and fill my boot with seeds

Edited by Bush_Turkey

now Herbalistics are not sending plants or seeds to WA!!! now we have nothing :( might drive over east and fill my boot with seeds

Yeah, I got a shipment from Herbalistics last monday then on tues received an email to that effect (should have ordered up big as I new it would happen eventually :slap: ). They did not mention herbal material though.

Guess we will have to rely on trading amongst other waussies in the future.

faark i got bucks to spend and there aint no vendors , are you sure herbalistics arent sending to wa? or is it only some types they dont , says nothing on their website

will some bright spark please set up a herbalistics/ shaman australis joint in wa ,this i beyond a freakin joke

faark i got bucks to spend and there aint no vendors , are you sure herbalistics arent sending to wa? or is it only some types they dont , says nothing on their website

yeah dude 100% they are not sending plants or seeds to WA. but they still send herbs/tinctures. eden seeds, cactusland,watertrade and gom's garden still send to WA (for now) but as for a WA based store its already being organised :P herbgrowers.org is WA run

Edited by Bush_Turkey

yeah right i just loaded a shopping cart 200 bux worth and hadnt finished shopping when i came here and read the bad news...aaaaarghhh... thanks for the link although their herbs a bit airy fairy if you know what i mean...i was looking forward to some pituri.... a foaf was wondering what the most discreet way to get plants through is / courier? /snail mail still safe? i heard express post is the most suss... i dont know about driving over and filling the boot , the eucla border cops are cunts....

dude i have never ever had a problem recieveing plants/cacti/seeds from over east. just got a couple today no worries! but then again there is fines if you get caught! totally worth it though :P everyone is telling me that WAQIS is cracking down! but if no one told me i would never of known as nothing has been seased. You can still get pituri from Herbals in research material. They are just not sending plants/cacti/seeds. i thought people are pushing for the use of herbs? as soon as quarantine makes changes everyone gets scared. wah wah wah :P

there is other ways :P choo choo

Edited by Bush_Turkey