The Corroboree
tryptamine

Nauclea Sp

The following info was posted on a vendors site:

Family - Rubiaceae :

* The roots of Nauclea latifolia are used as an aphrodisiac and analgesic in the Congo.

* Nauclea latifolia roots are used as a tonic/stimulant/restorative in Guinea, West Africa.

* The roots of Nauclea latifolia are used in the Congo for sexual asthenia (loss of strength).

* The stem bark of Nauclea latifolia is used as an aphrodisiac in Nigeria.

* The wood is know as `njimo' and is used as a stimulant and tonic.

* A soft drink is prepared from the fruit.

* Rhynchophylline is an interesting alkaloid with many health benefits. It is also a major constituent in k##### (M######## speciosa), and is also found in a Nauclea sp.

Chemistry :

The presence of psychoactive substances are indicated in the aqueous extract of the root bark of Nauclea latifolia.

Key constituents are indole-quinolizidine alkaloids and glycoalkaloids and sapponins.

The major ones include angustine, angustoline, angustifoline, nauclefine, and naucletine.

A novel indole alkaloid, nauclefolinine and five known triterpenic compounds, rotundic acid, a-L-rhamnoquinovic acid, 3-0-b-D-glucopyranosyl-b-sitosterol, squalene and sitosterol-3-0.6'-stearoyl-b-D-glucopyranoside have been isolated from the roots of Nauclea latifolia.

Uses of other Nauclea species :

* Nauclea diderrichii contains harman.

* Nauclea pobeguinii is used in West Africa as a sedative and tonic/stimulant/restorative.

I have some samples of a species of Nauclea on the way from Vanuatu. The supplier claims it has similar activity to a certain popular thai plant, sounds too good to be true, but here's hoping. Does anyone have any more info on any Nauclea sp? Starting dosage, contraindications?

rev posted suggesting it was worth investigating a few years back.....dont think he said that much.....except there are oz species from memory.....might be able to get some samples.....

t s t .

Nauclea orientalis tea from leaves produced nothing more than mild nausea.

Nauclea orientalis tea from leaves produced nothing more than mild nausea.

Torsten, could I ask what dosage you consumed please? Any negative effects on the heart like with Yohimbe?

I just received my 30 gram sample, looks like chopped leaves with a few stems.

It is only named as "Nauclea sp, an endemic species of Nauclea from New Caledonia, whose range extends into parts of the lower Islands of Vanuatu."

According to the supplier who calls this product "Vanuatu Kr####", "You will find the effects very speedy and Kr#### like".

I,m looking at trying 5 gram brewed into a tea for starters unless anyone has other suggestions?

I think the supplier in question is full of shit...

Is it the same vendor discussed in this thread? Or the same products talked about here?

I think the supplier in question is full of shit...

Is it the same vendor discussed in this thread? Or the same products talked about here?

No, that looks to be a spice like product, likely containing synthetic Cannabinoids.

This is a real natural species, however it is possibly also being over hyped. The vendor who sent my sample is Vanuatu Kava. The information I posted in the OP is from African Shaman.

Edited by tryptamine

I brewed 5.1 grams in water today and drank with a spoon of honey. I then gave it a second wash and repeated. Tasted quite pleasant.

At first I thought wow, this really does feel like K#####, however the effects were short lived. Something happened, but I find it hard to describe what. Seemed to come and go in waves, a lift in mood and some mild stimulation as well as a relaxed feeling of contentment and well being that now (3.5 hrs later) has gone.

No negative effects like nausea or hypertension were noticed at this dosage. I will try a larger dose in a few days.

I brewed 5.1 grams in water today and drank with a spoon of honey. I then gave it a second wash and repeated. Tasted quite pleasant.

At first I thought wow, this really does feel like K#####, however the effects were short lived. Something happened, but I find it hard to describe what. Seemed to come and go in waves, a lift in mood and some mild stimulation as well as a relaxed feeling of contentment and well being that now (3.5 hrs later) has gone.

No negative effects like nausea or hypertension were noticed at this dosage. I will try a larger dose in a few days.

hmmm me wonders if like the unmentionable referred to this plant would be far more powerful freshly picked apparently Nauclea calycina is able to be imported seems to definitely warrant further investigation I look forward to your future biossays tryptamine

I know where a nauclea tree is growing if anyone wants to try it. I don't know which species it is though. I should be going there next week sometime so if anyone is keen send me a pm and i'll grab a handful of leaves for you. THe tree is massive so plenty of material to go around.

I know where a nauclea tree is growing if anyone wants to try it. I don't know which species it is though. I should be going there next week sometime so if anyone is keen send me a pm and i'll grab a handful of leaves for you. THe tree is massive so plenty of material to go around.

Seems from the 1st post its the bark or roots you need ( oh well thats's traditionally used ) hmm if you find any fallen braches or pieces of bark i would be intrested however if there's nothing on the ground I will wait till I can find a more ethical source

Ok, I had a brew of 15grams (2 washes) this afternoon on an empty stomach.. Got Nausea half way through, but this went away when I stopped drinking. I then started drinking again, the nausea stayed away as long as I drank slowly. Taste at this strength was mildly unpleasant, especially as the brew cooled down.

Not much more in effects with the increased dosage, than was experienced with 5 grams. A mild stimulation and a slight mood lift with an altered or mild spacey feel. I was quite fatigued to today so I guess it got rid of that, leaving me quite energetic and motivated.

Not really worth the effort of ingesting IMO, I don,t think I will bother with the remaining 10 grams unless I try it as a K##### booster. Definitely some mild activity though, perhaps extracts could prove more rewarding. Note: this was a mix of leaves and stems, not the roots or bark as mentioned in the OP.