The Corroboree
PhantomTurkey

White Sage

I was told by the woman at the local insence store that White Sage is sometimes smoked as a herbal high. I have never heard or read of that before...has anyone ever tried it? Is it safe to use...are there any interesting effects to be had? Worth trying?

this question has been discussed a few times, but no other salvia is like divinorum.

there are some reports of "normal salvias" producing effects, for example, salvia splendens, salvia officinalis, salvia apiana and many more, the latter two contain thujon...

i once experienced strong mind altering sensations from drinking very strong officinalis tea, after fasting and sleepdeprivation....

thujone so not entirely safe, if planthelper is correct.

thujone so not entirely safe, if planthelper is correct.

maybe then it is a herb to use sparingly in mixes or for occasional use

i once picked up a guy hitching and gave him a bit of salvia apiana to use as an incence.

just by sheer councidance i meet the same guy a few hours later and he told me (if i remeber correctly) that he ate the white sage and was having a " full one time ".

when this happend i thought, probably placebo effect, but anyway this is all i know.

my experience with salvia officinalis was genuine, but at times people thought i am just having them on about it.

thujone is a major ingreediance in some needle trees some tibetan(?) or mongolian shamans use to go into trance.

the effects i got from officinalis, included sparkling pin lights, a sence of different realety, and at times the surroundings were just seen in "sepia" meaning only in shades of brown.

all this effects onlt lasted for moments and than repeated themselfes.

better read my very old post for more info....

i never have been keen to repeate the experiement, which was in the first time accidental anyway.

dfgdg

Edited by Teljkon

describe pin light i get small whit light around my vision ocasionally ever since I was a kid I always put this down to lack of oxygen.

the sparkling light was not similar to the one you get if you suddenlly get up from having been in a squatting position for a a while.

anyway do you mean seeing the stars?

salvia officianalis contains multiple Acetylcholine-esterase inhibitors, as well as being anti-dopamergic and oestrogenic. Many European studies screening for medicinal benefits of traditional herbs have listed Salvia.O at the top of their lists.

think juniper are the needles you mentioned.....its from legal highs....an acquaintance told me of his experiences burning leaves under a blanket.....he spoke of the sepia coloured visions and of a sense of some presence.....he tried a few varieties and recommended one in particular,recurva is my memory but it was years ago.

was at a show a couple years ago and a group were passing around a big fatty of white sage.

they were familiar with it and liked the effect.

i had to move away as i was being too strongly affected by side stream smoke!

have been smudged with white sage and found it powerfully good and clearing.

t s t .

For some reason thujone gives me a head ache. I can sort of feel my pulse running down my central nervous system and right down my arms.

It is an uncomfortable sensation for me and us such I put away my sage. I also noticed that it was more painful if I got angry or if I started to perform some kind of exercise, even simple walking.

Hutch :wink: