The Corroboree
KanJe

Wanker vs wild

Not a fan of how he destroyed such a specimen, but must admit I do enjoy the show(when visiting someone who actually has foxtel)

Even though I do agree he apprehends rediculous (and at times, but not always, controlled/fake situations) I have respect for his willingness to try/eat/climb/etc anything he comes across(even if it be for ratings, which after all, is what television is all about)

And for those without foxtel and are wanting to check out this show,I saw an advertisement last night that this show is now on free to air TV on Mondays on SBS 8.30pm-9.30pm(I think this is actually the premiere of this to FTA TV as I haven't noticed it on before)

That guy is a total dickhead. That should be a bloody crime, but no, instead it's allowed and even promoted. What a fucktard.

his willingness to try/eat/climb/etc anything he comes across(even if it be for ratings, which after all, is what television is all about)

thats why i dont have cable lol. everyone trying to put a new take on Tom Green.

That guy is a total dickhead. That should be a bloody crime, but no, instead it's allowed and even promoted. What a fucktard.

agreed.

He's outback on SBS1 right now.

He may be a tard as so elequantly put by somebody earlier lol... but he is one fucking good climber. I'd love to be able to climb everything like he does.

They ended it without even making it out of the bush!

And so destructive!!!

He may be a tard as so elequantly put by somebody earlier lol... but he is one fucking good climber. I'd love to be able to climb everything like he does.

Ive only seen a few shows but it seems the difficulty of some of the climbs are over exaggerated.

His camera crew is normally right beside him so they must not need to conform to our restricting human limitations

I watched the cactus segment as posted here, and watched most of last night's Aus outback episode, and I've come to the conclusion he's absolutely no Leyland Brother. Couldn't STFU about the heat - and he was in the Kimberley during monsoon season rather than the middle of the dry desert. Picked up a snake and for no reason I could fathom took it across the other side of a river... what for, dickhead? Just to show how manly you are by holding a small python and confusing the poor bloody thing?

I think Steve Irwin has done a lot for nature conservation, but his Rambo-style INYAFACE douchebaggery has obviously influenced too many other people looking for a slightly different angle on the same adrenaline junky nature show theme.

Long live Attenborough!

link]

Is this someone I want to look up to?

i saw him do the same thing with elephant poo :puke:

he must be one rich mutha ucker now huh, popular show! for a million bucks i'd probably drink the juice from a dead camels half digested stomach contents too.

it pisses me off how he kills every animal he finds & thinks that it's ok cause it's a 'survival situation'

i saw him kill a decent size alligator in florida & he only ate a little peice of the meat. i didn't enjoy watching him kill a beautiful huge boa constrictor either, just so he can look cool on telly.

In the U.S. they have given up on the wild australian cannibles as a plot[screen play] White or black shin] so good news and bad as trying too be a australian extra in a U.s. zombie movie not going to happening.

But they do hire australian actors [ as criminal bad guys for U.S. movie as exotic thug for speach.]

What is the exotic thug in Australian movies I wonder in Australia?

What is the exotic thug in Australian movies I wonder in Australia?

New Zealanders

Then there's Albie Mangel - remember that guy?? World safari 2 - classic rsl crud!

What was the guy in Stars wars that cloned himself.

New Zealand native.

{Māori]

http://history-nz.org/maori.html

Maybe got I got it wrong but at least stereotype that isn't screwed by himself [cloned]but is being the payed bounty hunter.

I don't care about racial stereotypes.

But all tribes after must be depicted as inhuman as what other way to justify the slaughter of all women and children.

A nuke [cruise misslie] might give raise to thought on news [distortion] propaganda,

Edited by devance

Guest stonedpirate

oh noes, a small cactus in the middle of nowhere was mistreated in a demonstartion that could save someones life..

Damn you bear, damn you..

oh noes, a small cactus in the middle of nowhere was mistreated in a demonstartion that could save someones life.

The reason most of us here think he's a wanker is that even some small cacti take decades if not hundreds of years to grow to a decent size. He didn't need to kill that cactus which looks to be the only of its kind in the area, he could have demonstrated how to survive via cactus-juice with a nursery grown specimen or picked one in an area where they were plentiful. Some folks here (myself probably included) believe that cacti are sentient beings and deserve to be treated better than to be rudely hacked apart by a "wannabe weekend warrior". I reckon there isn't a member here that wouldn't consider trading their firstborn to have a nice big Ferocactus like that in the collection! :drool2:

Les Stroud explains in his show that cacti generally provide a shitty, slimy, pasty juice that is of no real use in survival situations. Bear would probably have a fatal attack of diarrhea in the desert, I don't reckon he would survive for long if he was truly in the wild, he'd get his face ripped off by a bear or stung to death by hornets or something (we can only hope).

oh noes, a small cactus in the middle of nowhere was mistreated in a demonstartion that could save someones life..

lol, have you seen most of his 'demonstration that could save someones life'?

"oh no i'm stuck in the middle of the mountains. i better swim all the way through this mountain through this huge random uncharted cave system i just stumbled accross with no ropes or a light"

"oh no the quickest way across this huge ravine is straight across it. i better make a grapelling hook out of this hunk of metal & an old rope i just happened to find, throw it across & traverse all the way over to the other side of the huge ravine. that'd be much smarter than finding another way around & the perfect solution for the average joe who might be lost here, yep"

Guest stonedpirate

You gotta admit though, watching him eat that salmon ot of the river is pretty entertaining.

On a side note:

I reckon there isn't a member here that wouldn't consider trading their firstborn to have a nice big Ferocactus like that in the collection!

I dunno about my first newborn ,but yeah my left testicle maybe :lol:

Edited by mac

Guest stonedpirate

Quick question, what makes you think cacti are sentient?

Were you tripping balls one night and they started communicating with you?

Also, if bear grylls was in your house, would you call him a wanker because he killed a sentient cactus?

Edited by stonedpirate

id tell him to his face he is a wanker without hesitation & mention he is such a wanker some day he will pull himself apart

ps did ya see ya roids thread i spoke with someone today & posted a link that may be of use

no offence stoned i usually get along ok with abrasive cunts maybe because i have been known to be the same , but there is a place & a time for all that

if your serious about your other thread ill see if i can get someone who is into fitness without roids but dose not see them as a problem when used properly

will edit this out once ya have viewed it as its off topic

Mac

Edited by mac

this guy is a bloody legend, so what if he eats a cactus to show you how to potentially save lives, im sure plenty of you do-gooders use cars and write on paper which use fossil fuels 1million times more important than some lone cactus and the paper, toilet paper whatever created from the death of 1000 trees.

grow up

Apologies if already posted,

Some Behind the scenes footage of the show >

Not a great deal of info but explains a bit of how the safety dude & crew do their thing.

There is other clips of behind the scenes if you look about.

Edited by DreamingNagual

I've been watching this show a bit. I've wondered how it is that he gets permission from local authorities to do all the pillaging he does of flora and fauna... Some of it is pretty pointless.

Last nights show was really not one of the best, it didn't seem to lead anywhere and was kinda left open ended.

Didn't mind the one the other day where he was on a desert island. He didn't grab the turtle he saw and he's got some serious balls to be sitting on such a shitty raft with a very decent sized tiger shark circling him... phew, I wouldn't want to be in that situation. Nor jumping off the rocks with the size of that swell to get a plastic bottle.

I don't like the title of the show though - I guess it resonates with our current societies outlook on nature, 'it' being separate from ourselves somehow. I also find it a bit funny that he talks about other tribes/cultures and how they 'survived' in some of the places he visits... when in fact they lived there... they weren't trying to get rescued or anything.

man vs wild :P I can just see the bikini clad chicks walking around the ring holding up round 3 placards ha