The Corroboree
Legba

Plastic trees to counter climate change

I think it was The Simpsons where they showed what it would be like in the future, there was a tablet under a tree saying "here stands the last real tree" or something. Maybe things really will be that way....

written on the projector base of a hologram tree

in memory of: a real tree

written on the projector base of a hologram tree

in memory of: a real tree

Haha yep. That's it. Maybe it was Futurama?

it was simpsons, when a tarot reader tells lisa that she will marry hugh grant "thanks for holding my books while i tied up my shoe"

good times. new futurama episodes coming.

Just plant real trees for fuck sake!!!!

I just couldn't imagine a bird wanting to nest in one of those things...

Global warming and the subsequent catastrophic death of various systems of life are symptoms of a deeper illness. The source, or illness, needs to be attended to, not the symptoms.

For an analogy, imagine someone suffering from AIDS. The symptoms of AIDS surface as sores, fatigue, etc. but attending only to the symptoms, such as applying ointment to sores and drinking Yerba Mate for fatigue, won't cure the deeper illness, AIDS. The 'sores', or global warming and its destruction, cannot be fixed by focusing on the symptoms. Instead, attention needs to fall on the source of the symptoms, the illness ie. the worlds popular value systems and the various economic and political structures which maintain them.

Throwing discs into space or creating artificial trees is like applying tea tree oil to AIDS' sores, the source of the problem will continue to manifest, until death. Sustainable practices equals the continuing of life, unsustainable practices equals death. Sustainable - sustains life, unsustainable - has no future.

The deeper illness, or cultural pathology, of the contemporary globalised world manifests in popular value systems. The worlds current popular values directing powerful activities are selfish and shallow, ie. untrammeled hyper-rationalisation mixed with cut-throat individualistic competitiveness, merged with self-centred impulses of status (whether economical, social) which is directed towards individualistic short-term forms of satisfaction - strive for the shinny car, job, house and all the other semiotic emblems of our shallow value systems. This individualistic and highly competitive value system has created a pressure valve which excretes into the world of basic ethics and rationale - such as the destruction of basic forms of our material nature (for example, global warming, deforestation), not to mention the spiritual nature of 'nature' and the destruction there.

I think we need to aspire towards a move inclusive world, bringing our fellow systems together into a more harmonious frequency for spiritual growth - including systems such as human (community), animal, plant, wind, water, fire, earth, galaxies, spirit and beyond. With a shift in values towards a greater harmony of these principles the unbelievable potential of human intelligence and creativity is astounding.

It fully blows my mind to think about what could come from tweaking what we commonly value.

Edited by mooksha