The Corroboree
Stinkmeat

Body Modification

I've recently become pretty interested in body modification.

I've only got a few piercings myself. Hopefully to get a tattoo soon as well.

As the subtitle suggests, I am curious whether many other people are interested in it.

I would love to see other people's mods (piercings/tattoos/scarification/selective amputation/etc). Or if you work in the industry, some of your work.

The only person I have seen that has ever made reference to this on SAB was PD (I think). Posted a Tatt he did. Surely there are more?

I'll post some of mine up once I get some pics of them.

Selective Amputation? thats a new one to me I think, can you share more?

I mean are we talking finger or nose tips, or full limbs?

love it love it love it thinking og getting a full sleve done at some point in the near future I currently have both my eyebrows piecred and a tribal style scorpion on my upper spine use to have lip,tounge , nose , nipple done took the lip n tongue ones out due to work ( LMAO I'm an accountant so hard industry to find work in if you insist on waering your facial piecings to work )

I only have my septum pierced, tattoos arent so much my thing, maybe one day

Selective Amputation? thats a new one to me I think, can you share more?

I mean are we talking finger or nose tips, or full limbs?

I have no idea of the validity of this or if its even remotely possible but check out this link.

Makes for a good story either way.

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/addsub/

Edited by GingaNinja

I had two nipple piercings, both removed. Monroe piercing, removed. Nostril piercing, fell out and closed over - the only one I WANTED left in :( I've wanted the Eye Of Horus tattoo since I was 15 or so but have never had it done, I know it's obvious but I've always loved Egyptology. No other tattoos. I've had plastic surgery, does that count?

apparently some people have an unstoppable drive to have entire limbs removed from their body "i always felt like an amputee in a complete body"

After some searching around I found an interesting profile of a self amputee, it has some FAQ's that I thought were quite interesting.

http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/profile~ID~127632.aspx

This is the thread I found the guys profile through and it discusses the subject in a very open and unprejudiced way.

http://www.bodymod.org/forum/forum_posts~TID~10629~PN~1.htm

One persons posted that he wanted to become a paraplegic via a process that involves injecting blood into the spinal cord. I have to assume this was a troll post but then again who knows.

So SM are your interests in this area due to BIID or apotemnophilia? (sp?)

is muscular hypertrophy Body Modification?

I've got bad posture from reading books and using computers - I can post photos - not sure if this type of modification is what your after ;)

Also, I've had a few breast implants, a tummy tuck, and I'm saving up for a face lift - did I mention my vag tightening?

WHOOPS: ginganinja already posted that link of mine.

i have a few piercings and a tatt on my back. i have always been intrigued by the myth about prometheus. the next tatt i wanna get is of him but i was quoted $1000... :( i'm thinking of getting it done for cheaper when i go to thailand

post-157-1251445281_thumb.jpg

Edited by faustus

post-4908-1251439858_thumb.jpg Pretty tame compared to the arm transplant thing goin on above,fark. I might get a hair cut once evEry 6 years or so but thats as far as ive been with body mod LOL.

skull_face_tattoo_294a11090.jpg

skull_face_tattoo_294a11090.jpg

So SM are your interests in this area due to BIID or apotemnophilia? (sp?)

Nah, I wouldn't say that I am interested in this for either of those reasons. I just really like the act of being pierced and the after glow it leaves for a day or 2. Plus, I like how piercings can accentuate a person's natural features. I really like the artistic style of tattooing. Especially when it is a custom design or just something really different.

The main reason I got into it is because my cousin is a tattooist, and his girlfriend is a piercer.

I get to be her practice body :D. So that's the main reason I've got so many done in the past few months.

is muscular hypertrophy Body Modification?

Well I s'pose it's a voluntary modification, so I'd count it under the genre.

I just thought I'd add some of the ones I have so far.

In order of oldest to most recent:

post-3855-1251442629_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1251442650_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1251442665_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1251442693_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1251442714_thumb.jpg

My neck and belly were only done a couple of days ago, hence the redness... :P

Haha, I love how the one on my belly looks like a face from my POV.

post-3855-1251442629_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442650_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442665_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442693_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442714_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442629_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442650_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442665_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442693_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1251442714_thumb.jpg

I only have my septum pierced, tattoos arent so much my thing, maybe one day

I have no idea of the validity of this or if its even remotely possible but check out this link.

Makes for a good story either way.

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/addsub/

that story was posted on modblog on april 1st

ive had a quite a few piercings but all have been retired (due to an opperation). in the past i sported:

2 x 14g tragus

14g transverse lobe

10g septum

2 x 14 g cartilage

12g conch

surface bar below navel

surface bar in arm

dermal anchor in arm

0g outer conch dermal punches

i dont have many photos of my piercings but my piercer has some of them up on their website.

this is my retired surface bar (left and middle disk) and dermal anchor (the disk on the right)

this is one of my 0ga outer conch punches with a 14ga tragus and other 14ga piercing

i have plans to put tunnels back in my 0g punches and stretch my lobes to ~2g

ive had a quite a few piercings but all have been retired (due to an opperation). in the past i sported:

2 x 14g tragus

14g transverse lobe

10g septum

2 x 14 g cartilage

12g conch

surface bar below navel

surface bar in arm

dermal anchor in arm

0g outer conch dermal punches

i dont have many photos of my piercings but my piercer has some of them up on their website.

this is my retired surface bar (left and middle disk) and dermal anchor (the disk on the right)

this is one of my 0ga outer conch punches with a 14ga tragus and other 14ga piercing

i have plans to put tunnels back in my 0g punches and stretch my lobes to ~2g

Thanks for sharing Genki, I really like the look of the outer conch when stretched. Looks like it hurts though :o

Here are some additions to my "below navel" piercing that I thought was good for a laugh. haha

post-3855-1251446499_thumb.jpg

he went from shocked, noseless man with a moustache to happy goatee-sporting prince charles hovering over myserious hole.

Tattooed once and contemplating my second. My first was an effigy of subcomandante Marcos and Zapatista iconography.

I think some of the peyote inspired artwork by Tsa Toke (Kiowa Indian) would work really well as tattoo design. But don't steal my idea, get your own!!! :lol:

Tsatoke-WaterBird.jpg

Peyote_dancer.large.jpg

Tsatoke-SongBird.jpg

I have a heap of tattoos (around 10) & used to have piercings but took them all out , will be getting alot more ink, my bro slings the occasional bit of ink at my sisters piercing studio when he has time & has started some traditional Japanese stuff on my back that is yet to be finished

Hey SM

How do they do the neck piercing? It looks as if it'd be painful as all hell. Anyway as far as piercings and tats go i have a some pretty good ideas for tat designs. But being so artistically challenged it's hard to get exactly what i want. I wanna get my bottom lip pierced and get both of my lobes done similair to yours SM.

cheers

Hey Peaceful,

The neck piercing is just a "surface piercing." Similar to how they do the bridge of the nose. They just mark where they want to enter and exit the skin. Then clamp the skin from point A to B, allowing a little bit extra for the piercing to fit. Then stab away. The neck didn't actually hurt too much. My nose piercing is actually the worst one so far, which sorta surprised me.

By the the way, I recently watched a pretty cool doco on body modification called "Modify." Covers most things from plastic surgery and body building to suspension piercings and voluntary amputation. One of the interesting points put forward was about possible legislation (In USA) being implemented to regulate body modification. The interviewee's main complaint was that they have the right to do what they want to their own body. And that body mods make them realize they are not under control, and that there is more to life than what we are led to believe.

I just thought it was interesting that these ideas form a lot of what the psychedelic community stands for. And that this industry is also coming under attack from the law.

i had watched some doco on extreme body mods (tounge splitting Implants etc..) where the guy has made most of his own surgical tools to do the modifications

I remember they mentioned about regulating the industry & licencing surrounding body modifications

if the people who did this were registered surgeons they would be struck off the medical register for what they do & never work again, i do think that some of the extreme mods should have some form of medical licencing some of the procedures are fairly major

a school friend of mine has recently started a tatooing apprenticeship. He's been goin at it for about 3 or 4 months now I think. Amazing artist, dabbles in heaps of different stuff like painting, drawing, 3d rendering. all the pictures of his latest works can be found here

he's started on my first tattoo, this is what I got done last week for a measling $50 under the ink for 2 hours.

I got more done but havent had a decent enough camera to take photos with... one day.

My whole leg is gonna end up havin this crazy tree/vine (gee i wonder wat kind :P) twisting & twirling around it with 3 or 4 windows all up, each with a different kind of 'dimension' in each one.

shot2.jpg

shot1.jpg

he's doin the tat in what he calls a 'bio-organic' style, based on Guy Aitchison's sort of stuff. So that bare space you see in the first shot will contain a flower mandala that appears as if you're looking into it :lol: pretty fuckin cool!

Edited by mu.

^^^ I hope you like being the centre of attention when tripping with a group :lol:

Very nice mu. Looking forward to seeing the mandala when it's done.