The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

random fly

To Conan Troutman

Hoping CT will get himself back on track soon. The only trading I've done with him was at least 2 yrs back and was positive, albeit maybe a little slow to post from his end. However I do know of one member who more or less left the forum after losing some pretty sizable coin to CT (a few hundred $, apparently). Don't know why the actions of one trader persuaded the member to leave, but it was a bit of an ordeal for them with many emails/msgs/etc all getting things no closer to happily sorted. That was the first and last I'd heard of dishonest people around this forum up until this thread and I'm kind of glad it is the same person (and not several dishonest/problematic people). If only something had been said publicly back then to nip this in the bud.

I am amazed at how much $ has been lost to this member. Personally, I'd feel like utter shit if I left someone hanging with any of their money in my pocket, let alone all these good people and the huge $ involved. To see this sort of thing happen one immediately thinks 'junky', but don't forget that there are all sort of things that can go wrong leading to fairly dishonest behaviour (family issues, etc). I just hope that everyone involved in this has their issues resolved soon and CT comes back as the good member that he once was.

I think the idea of rating traders with positive/negative feedback is a good idea. Ideally you would explain why feedback was negative, thus eliminating good traders with slow mailing times from gaining a bad rep. Isnt there something like that on The Nook? And the suggestion of using that function on SnS, many people (myself included) do their trading thru the Trading Forum here or via PM and haven't got an account thru SnS, making it only partially useful. I think ideally, it would be most useful to have a Trade Feedback thread where people who have made trades can give each other a rating for communication, timeliness, quality of goods, etc. That way this sort of thing would be avoided in future.

Well its already tarnished my view of the community, i mean i made tripitaka pay for a trade before i sent it, and to know hes ripped other people off more than $400 really pisses me off for not saying anything earlier.

Hes a junkie lets get that straight, ive done enough dope with him to know that.

We will not see our money but at least people are aware of him being a scum bag.

If anyone is interested in going to see him let me know im getting more and more keen to drive to shitsvill just to see the reaction on his face.

Well its already tarnished my view of the community.

Don't let one person ruin something for you. Conans probably one in a million to do this sort of thing amongst the oz ethno community and more specifically The Corroboree. Dc, tbh rocking up to his house unexpectedly is most likely the only way you'll get a response out of him, he's not likely to respond to any pms, emails or texts people are writing to him.

I was in communiqué with conan the other week, had no idea of what his circumstances were and that he owed a lot of people money. I'll see if i can get in contact with him and get an answer. Maybe catch up with him, but can't promise anything.

cheers

In response to a dirty pm I sent CT earlier this week he replied this afternoon in pm.

"hello, you package is on its way plus sum bonuses, im very sorry for the delayhope this makes up for it... "

Indeed I do hope my package is on it's way, if not I'll certainly be taking dc up on the offer to go see CT.

Will keep the thread updated accordingly.

Peace,

Sam

PM = Personal message doesnt it?

Posting PM's and emails is not good forum etiquette

Yes Ginga, PM = personal message.

I don't understand what you mean by "Posting PM's and emails is not good forum etiquette".

If it weren't for PMs and emails between members, trading items here would be much more difficult and possibly dangerous.

Please elucidate.

Peace,

Sam

Yes Ginga, PM = personal message.

I don't understand what you mean by "Posting PM's and emails is not good forum etiquette".

If it weren't for PMs and emails between members, trading items here would be much more difficult and possibly dangerous.

Please elucidate.

Peace,

Sam

I think he means that you posted a personal message sent to you, in a public thread.

I think he means that you posted a personal message sent to you, in a public thread.

Doh!

In this instance I weighed up the fact that members who are owed by CT deserve to be informed as to what is happening (or being promised) and deemed that this far outweighs the otherwise innocuous nature of the "personal message".

Peace,

Sam

dirty business this..Im not posting to dispute the fact that I have outstanding trades but as far as I was aware (til today), that the delay for people waiting had been explained and that (more than) adequate compensation would be provided.

'Patience is a virtue'

it is disappointing people seem to be getting carried away and deciding to jump on the (CT's a fraudstar) bandwagon without the preference of bothering to first get in contact personally rather airing dirty laundry publically, especially those who mentioned trades that are no longer than a few weeks old...

as anyone would hope, those with bitches or gripes if you could bring it to my attention personally first I would be much appreciative...

'Sam.' I must say I should have kept you more propely informed as there was no email contact that made it quite difficult,

and to the passive-aggresive member who despite knowing I havent had internet access and has all my contact info and still hasnt been in touch, that cash has nothing to do with SAB, why would u bring it up here mate..?

once again, apologies to anyone who feels hard done by, as my awareness of the issue has today been greatly enhanced, please rest assured that any of my incompetence that was not rectified today will be ASAP.

I would like to think 99% of people I have traded with in the past would say service while can be a lil slow it proves to be worth the wait.

Cheers for the support from the others, espcially those who txt me today about the thread.

I have to admit I feel like a bit of a arsehole for getting caught up and expecting the worst. Like I said before, I was still hopeful but when I saw this thread I acted against my better judgement & thought the worst. I should have been more patient and worked it out with Conan before getting involved. So yeah, boo hoo me.

Great to hear from you conan. Can everybody who posted here about their losses please post as soon as they are remedied. I personally would have no issue to dump this thread once all issues have been addressed. While I normally prefer threads to stay, I feel that most people don't read past the first few posts and might thus miss the resolution of the problem. But maybe I am jumping ahead of myself and we should just wait till it's all sorted.

maybe it's time to start a star-like trust indication next to each members name. NOW no stars doesn't mean BAD, but many stars certainly means GOOD.

Great to hear from you conan. Can everybody who posted here about their losses please post as soon as they are remedied. I personally would have no issue to dump this thread once all issues have been addressed. While I normally prefer threads to stay, I feel that most people don't read past the first few posts and might thus miss the resolution of the problem. But maybe I am jumping ahead of myself and we should just wait till it's all sorted.

Don't you think it's fair that people know that others have had problems trading with a certain member. It's great if CT pays everyone back and then some, and that might make the long wait worthwhile for many, but I think it's fair that people can make an informed decision. Perhaps, instead of removing the thread, the first post could be edited to include the resolution?

/snip/ 'Patience is a virtue'

Yea ? You sound like a xxxx. Stale cliche's wont appease your victims.

it is disappointing people seem to be getting carried away and deciding to jump on the (CT's a fraudstar) bandwagon

Yea ? Here's a summary just from this thread so far.....

• I payed you quite a bit of money for various things over the past 2 years, none of which I have recieved.

• I have been waiting since april and recieved nothing

• I have also been burned by him.

• two times sent money, nothing received.. First time we put it down to item lost in post or stolen from letter box etc

• Im also waiting on $250 worth of stuff!! Been waiting since May 09

• owed over 450 sinse earlie jan, hes stopped all communications and always has an excuse

• I might as well add my $40 to the tally.

• add 150 here aswell

• its only $40 I got off lightly

• In early June I sent him $150 for items he promised he would send the same week, I am still waiting....

• im only $60 out of pocket

• add $220 to the tally

• But the 3rd transaction is un-accounted for

• I gave him more than $500

• Add another $400-odd to that from me, too.

All in THIS thread ! Hope you have a big psychedelic farm to honour all of the above cash transactions, plus those of which haven't posted.

Seriously, peace, love & mungbeans aside, what sort of picture is being painted here ? You cry that people are saying "CT's a Fraudster", but how would you chime in if you were one of the dozens that are awaiting delivery after paying someone?

Forgivness be damned. Heck, even redemption is a faraway goal for you right now. Get your shit together, xxxxxxx.

[mod edit: no insults!]

lETS DROP THE NAME CALLINGS AND THREATS i'M OUT OF POCKET HERE TOO BUT i HAVE NO DESIRE TO MAKE THREATS AND SHIT , THE GUY HAS OBVIOUSLY EXPERIENCED SOME ISSUES AS SOME OF YOU SEEM TO BE INDICATING IT MAY WELL BE TO USE OF CERTAIN SUBSTANCES BUT PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES AND GET OFF TRACK AT VARIOUS POINTS IN THEIR LIFE LETS GIVE ADAM A CHANCE TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION BEFORE WE START WITH FURTHER NEEDLESS INSULTS AND THREATS UNLESS WE KNOW THE GUY WELL ITS HARD TO SAY HOW HIS MIND WORKS AND WHAT HE IS CURRENTLY FEELING OBVIOUSLY HE WANTS TO GET THINGS RESOLVED BUT MAY NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES AND OR FUNDS TO DO THIS AS QUICKLY AS WE ALL LIKE TRY AND WALK IN SOMEONE ELSES SHOES BEFORE YOU JUDGE THEIR ACTIONS . YES I'M DISAPPOINTTED THAT I'M STILL WAITING AND THE ARRANGEMENT WE MADE ARE UNFULFILLED ALTHOUGH VIOLENCE AND INTIMIDATION SOLVE VERY LITTLE IMO SO LETS JUST CHILL FOR A WEEK OR SO AND SEE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS NO ONE IS GOING TO SEND FURTHER FUNDS WITH THIS THREAD OUT IN THE OPEN SO NOW ADAM IS OBVIOUSLY ALSO AWARE OF EVERYBODY'S FEELINGS LETS SEE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS

hey, no need to tell anybody to fuck off. I don't think anyone is judging him for taking drugs. I think people are judging him because they have given him money and not received what they paid for. Also, the fact that CT has a higher post count than BL (if that's what you were referring to) has no bearing on this.

The next person to throw insults will get some time out.

lsdreamz, the problem here is that conan took money from people well after he realised he could not supply them. ie, if he runs out of a stock item, but keeps on selling it, allthewhile making dodgy excuses, then that is no longer 'having a tough time' but is premeditated theft. If conan ran out of stock and told people he was having problem sourcing more, and then stopped selling more of it, I don't think anyone would have had a major problem with the delays. This situation was extremely poorly handled by conan and his actions invited much of the suspicion and distrust that escalated here. He needs to sort this out asap and then we can all calm down.

As for calling him a junkie, while I don't think name calling or insults are of any use here, again, if you are not honest about your dealings and then don't stay in contact, then people will draw conclusions. And I very much doubt anyone judged because of drug USE. However we all know that drug ABUSE ie, uncontrolled addiction] can make people do things they normally don't. It doesn't have to be illegal drugs either. It could very well be alcohol or medication - bottom line is that when drugs start controlling your life then some people are no longer the same honest and reliable person they were before. Whether or not that is the situation here we will see in the next week or so I presume.

As for calling someone a thief, if a person does not keep up his end of a deal in the agreed timeframe and also does not provide a satisfactory alternative, then he is a thief. At least until he fixes the situation.

And yes, I do realise that some people complained a bit early, but there are others who have been waiting for months and even wrote off their deals. Certainly not an honest way to do business.

The next person <snip> <snip>....

Bravo Torsten, well put!

Peace

Amusing read. The most amusing element is that people would hesitate to somehow inform the moderator in sale/trades thread [as Andyamine said]. But it's fun to read the consequent discussion and arguements too. CT "hurt feelings" post is amusing too :)

PS: oh, the way lsddreamz defends him is also amusing :) {i thought I could fire away some more, since I already expressed an 'opinion' on a thread I don't really relate to....}

I've never traded with Conan but I always like him... however... if you add up all the money that people say they have sent him and not received anything for it totals around $3000-5000 in Kangaroo (Aus.) money, and that is just adding up the numbers people posted!

Link