The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
StormCrow

Salvia Divinorum cuttings wanted

Hi, im after some salvia div. cuttings. Im living in New Zealand (its extremely hard to come by here) and have been searching for over a year now without any success. If someone could help me obtain some before june i would be very grateful. smile.gif

i'll be interested to see the results of this question, a friend in NZ was asking the same thing a while ago and he was super keen to have it. on a more positive note i read a thread a while ago on another forum (i'll bung up the link if anyone shows an interest) about a means of striking saldiv cuttings from a single leaf. that would have to be a method for rapid propogation to spread the herb far and wide. just on importing it though - seeds would have to be the best bet.

I've struck a lot of salvia leaf cuttings and NONE of them have ever produced a shoot.

that seemed to be the gist of the following thread/link until one of the contributors had a eureka-type thingy befall them. read on:

http://www.entheogen.com/forum/cgi-bin/ult...ic;f=2;t=000428

hope that link turns out ok. if not, the good thing about the new incarnation of the forums is that i won't have to wait long to fix any gremlins.

I'm a bit excited by that URL you posted waterdragon.

I'll post the results of my success or failure.

cheers,

twee

i, too was somewhat enthused by it twee. i could really see how such a method could be significant for the NZ situation. i believe once someone has some plants for sale over there they will be inundated with requests for purchase.

Yes, the situation here is getting pretty desperate in New Zealand particularly with the anti salvia laws being passed. i think if it is possible to grow salvia this way then it would enable the plant to be distributed before the government decides that people are going to take salvia then die at raves, get lung cancer and go on murderous rampages.