The Corroboree
san p

passarounds

this is an idea ive seen on other forums ,where someone lists an item availible to be "passed around" to members within the forum. the first person who is interested posts their interest and pms their postage details to the person offering the passaround.then it is sent to that person free of charge,and in return when that person is finished with it they will pay for postage to the next person interested and so on.usually offers are reserved to members with over a certain amount of posts behind them so they can be trusted etc and a time limit allowed to keep the item is set.

im starting off with this book,its a good book with heaps of short storys about experiences on different ethno's written by heaps of different people.

post-6263-1249188669_thumb.jpg

sorry nz and aussie members only,one month time limit and 50 posts minimium to be eligable.

san p

hey san p, i think this is a good idea! hope the postage is not too much. Am i the first?

I think it would be a good idea to track who has it within this thread.

Id like to add Susan Blackmore's the Meme Machine up for the offering as well! .. because i think its fitting.

Meme_Machine_cover.jpg

Edited by Foton

hi foton,yep your first.pm me your postage details.

san p

Hi Foton.

I'd like to read that one. I have this for the next taker.

post-4917-1251368227.jpg

post-4917-1251368227.jpg

post-4917-1251368227.jpg

No worries educate, PM your address and ill send it off.

Pm'd. Thanks Foton

Thank you foton. Received it today with some very nice extras! It was nice to come home after a long day to that! :lol:

Ive finished Dope Stories... very interesting reading! Happy to past it along, let me know!

Educate, im interested to read your book if you still have it.

Sure thing. PM me your addy and I will put it in the post next week. B)

I am slow to get into the Meme machine as I have a few assignments to get through too!

dont worry about it eddy... ive lots of reading material!

dope stories is still here waiting... its a great read, its a compilation of lots of authors..

I want to send out something... :rolleyes:

So lets ditch "world of perception" and now I have this one>>

post-4917-1258065956_thumb.jpg

I'm happy to give both books away, so just pm me if you want one or both of them

Replied Foton,Cheers Bud!

I have one to offer, The Golden Triangle by Paul Bonnecarrere.

Thriller about the International Drug Tafficking Scene, Based on real facts about the complex channels of Heroin Trafficking.

There was a global book club thing (can't remember what it was called and don't know if it's still around) where you register a book online and it gets given a number. When you pass it onto someone else, they can go to the website and write something about the book and where they read it etc and then pass it onto someone else, so it would get this whole history building up on the website. People would apparently leave one in random places like airports and stuff, along with a note about the website, and then look online to see what happened to the book. Apparently some books ended up travelling around the world and being read by dozens of people. Kind of cool. I tried to get involved and left books lying around in public places with a note etc, but none of the books ever had anything added to the website, so I ended up considering it a waste of good books that either got thrown in the trash or picked up by people who didn't appreciate the gift. Cool idea anyway.

Just letting you know that both Holographic Universe and The World of Perception were sent off to adrianpys this week.

Does Anyone have any Carlos Castaneda books for sale, trade or whatever?

I used to have the whole collection but most were stolen from my ex's place :(

All I have left is

#2-A Separate Reality & #3-Journey To Ixtlan.

I would be happy to loan these out if anyone wishes to read them, But I would like them returned after they are done please.

Edited by DreamingNagual

There was a global book club thing (can't remember what it was called and don't know if it's still around) where you register a book online and it gets given a number. When you pass it onto someone else, they can go to the website and write something about the book and where they read it etc and then pass it onto someone else, so it would get this whole history building up on the website. People would apparently leave one in random places like airports and stuff, along with a note about the website, and then look online to see what happened to the book. Apparently some books ended up travelling around the world and being read by dozens of people. Kind of cool. I tried to get involved and left books lying around in public places with a note etc, but none of the books ever had anything added to the website, so I ended up considering it a waste of good books that either got thrown in the trash or picked up by people who didn't appreciate the gift. Cool idea anyway.

yeah me mum got into that when she found one of the books on a train.

hmm i will try and come up with a book to passaround for this thread...

bumping this thread into action again

i would like to offer james gleick "chaos" to people with 100+ posts

http://www.jimloy.com/books/gleick.htm

its maybe 20 years old but it expanded my mind

i will get the book back when nobody else wants it, right?

------------------

i would love to get holographic universe at some point

Hello Folks B)

The folowing Books are available.

Howard Marks Dope Stories.

The Golden Triangle,

By Paul Bonnecarrere.

UnderBelly,

A Tale Of Two Cities.

Chopper,

From The Inside.

Crazy Diamond,