The Corroboree
G*P

Search engines vs real conversation

why dont you actually DISCUSS your ideas in a new thread then, rather than discuss discussing them here?

i would tell you to get your hand off it but i like self-gratification just as much as the next person :P verbal or otherwise lol

You're repeating yourself a lot about the ideas you got and how the discussion finally begins, but you are not actually starting to say something. You claim to have total control on employing psych states [from enormous doses of psych experience] in real life. Share it with us, in another thread... You claim to want a psych state 24/7. Basically you claim a lot. Show us.

that thread on P.sub/aliens is not a bad location for this....

And this thing about psychosis you say, I am sure it's not shared by lots of 'psychotics'.

GP; I actually did not intend to post here because its unnecessary. But i decided to make a small post to let you know that i took notice of your opinion. But as my time is precious, i dont want to waste any more of it. Its bad enough that my friends needed to invest some time in order to respond to kinky poems. I totally agree with planthelper on this one. GP, most of the time i dont get what your talking about. Thats not an insult; i really mean it. I always thought that my foreign roots were the reason for this but the more i read other guys posts, the more i have the impression that your writing style is kinda lyrical. Its written in english but at the same time its not. No matter what it is; its a language that i dont understand. Thats ok because im sure that you sometimes dont get my english/german mixture either.

You know how it is with some weird sex practics? They are not for everyone. This may also apply to your posts. They may not be for everyone. I dont know and I dont care. Its ok for me if you think we´re elitist. I dont care because i know we´re not. I spent hours of time helping newbies that were never seen again. Thats ok as i like to help and i dont expect anything in return. But who are you to take that for granted. I dont serve a social service penalty here. I sometimes dont even have time to respond to some of my dearest friends. As you probably noticed already, English isnt my first language! Not even my second. Its my third and it takes more time for me to write an answer than it takes for you. Anytime i help newbies, i want them to appreciate my time and work. Thats only decent. And most newbies i talk to are very decent and friendly. But i reserve the right to not respond to unfriendly or unpolite people who dont even bother to do a little homework by themselves. When i was studying, the greatest professors werent the ones who were doing the work for the students but the ones who showed them the way to get to a certain result. The students had to walk the way by themselves. Thats how things get taught successfully. Do you know what Mr. Myagi did when his apprentice was too lazy to paint the house? He stopped teaching which was a very understandable point. And thats just a silly analogy from a movie but it gets it to the point.

I respect your opinion about this issue and i expect that you also respect ours! Its not a big deal if you dont like the way Torsten leads this place! Stuff like this happens all the time. It even happens to me sometimes that i want something i cant have. May it be a nice girl or a cool cactus farm in Peru. No matter what it is. Sometimes it just aint happening. As i post this, i can hear the Rolling stones song "You cant always get what you want" in my mind. Because the world is not a pony farm. No matter how hard you nag about it. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

I have found that i have been accepted fairely well by alot of members here ,

im just a older bloke with a yr 10 education so yes i do feel a little intimidated with some of my questions & posts because there are many smart people here, so yes Yes i do trymy hardest to UTSE but im sure i post some stuff that makes long term members bite their tounge ,

ill say one thing i have never been put down or told to UTFSE but im sure some of my posts have been close to that response

Im here to learn & yes i do try to anser threads on some of the things i know from gardening & have llearnt here at sab ,but am happy to be pulled up if i give the wrong info, & for others to point out where i was wrong

Edited by mac

Mac, your a great guy and you showed that right from the start. So are most of the other newbies too. Just as an example, Arieon recently joined and posted some threads about diffrent topics. He had a very cool and friendly Attitude and thats why he got responses in all of his threads. If senior members respond to some certain threads has a lot to do with the way newbies phrase their questions or the way they act in general. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Mac you're learning quickly alright and showing a very sensible approach - revealing your age [older bloke] makes it make more sense. I like your attitude! Cool and honest post EG :)

Edited by mutant

lol

took me a while to get it, but yeah, very clever :)

A large clickable flashing, pulsating in your face! Forum Search Engine ! banner sized link to a new search tab may help, but then again :rolleyes:

search-engines.gif

Its just one of those never ending forum issues

hey there something wrong with the way the threads are being displayed? :wink:

i couldnt help myself :slap:

Edited by mac

Hey sure, redirect people to forums search or Wikipedia or even Google... Just do it in a nice way..

This post rings true and I have noticed it alot latly, i don't post much just read.. I have been to scared to post :P

If you have nothing on the topic, and don't intend to help just don't reply, Im sure admins will remove it if its out of place.

In the end people do it as a Urge to increase there post count...

macs a top fella to be sure : )