The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gerbil

Spirit Stones

Anyone catch it?

I only saw half or so way through it till the end, was one of the best bits of film i've seen for a long time,

captured so many elements of many things and to me really put a few things into place for myself. Things seem to be coming together, in front of the face the entire time just too blank to see it. :rolleyes:

It's a shame there aren't more covered stories and acknowledgment of the indig. populations. this was primarily focussed on the Noongar.

Haven't had a good look yet, but wasn't scheduled the next day for abc2 or anything, so might try find a link to dl it over time. I'd like to get it to some friends in melbourne who may have missed it but know they would be interested so i will have to track down a portable copy eventually.

Whether things can be explained in white man scientific is irrelevant to me, many paths lead to the same point and the scientific approach does not fully explain the depths of why in almost all cases in the world with anything IMO, to dismiss one side is as idiotic as to dismiss the other, can always talk about things in different ways, doesn't mean the other part doesn't have complete relevance.

ahh shit must a missed it, will look into it

you were primarily the one i wanted to get it to VS LOL so if you can't get it hopefully I can produce sometime. Good to seeya round :)

nice Gerbil will have too keep an eye out for this too!

yeahi just watched that preview of it and its filmed where ic ome from around that area, important country for me. would love ot see this film dont know here i can go to find it though

thanks gerbil. will have to catch up one day

Yeah I caught it.

Evocative, well filmed, something to watch with the lights off on a stormy night. I'm sure it achieved it's aims. Didn't tell the whole story though, it wasn't just stones. Based on a book.

http://www.donnybrookmail.com.au/news/loca...spx?storypage=3

http://www.thecheers.org/Life/article_1321...oltergeist.html

"Didn't tell the whole story though,"

It explained the spirit too, especially the stone of secrets as revealed by Noonga elder/