The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
interbeing

FOR SALE - T. macrogonus "Bendy"

Hi everyone, just lettin you know I've got a couple of good lookin T. macrogonus mid-cuttings up for auction over at Swap N Sell

These cuts come from a very hardy specimen, only gettin morning sun due to being planted right between a shed and an enormous T. knuthianus/kubianus plant. Some arms had actually grown into the knuthianus bush and popped out the other side - this guy just keeps goin and going!

As for the name Bendy thats more of a reference to this guy's home, as opposed as singling it out as a unique strain of macrogonus, not to imply this one aint in a league of its own though (yet to bioassay) :P

Strike rates for seed from this same plant are up in the 90+ percentile, so you can bet on good genetics. PM if you'd like some seed (pretty fresh, just a couple months) from this one too.

If you'd like anymore info on the cuts or their mother ask away :)

30cm mid cut

gallery_5030_259_30867.jpg

31cm mid cut

gallery_5030_259_64558.jpg

Edited by interbeing
  • Like 1

hey man is that the same plant you and mu gave me a cutting off?

Nice and thick farkin huge! :drool2:

If there is one cactus that confuses me is macrogonus...how can macrogonus have such large spines and some have such smaller ones like I mean a lot smaller...surely that cactus is Cuzcoensis is it not or can macro come in 2 varieties... :huh:

post-4860-1246536714_thumb.jpg

T. Macrogonus.

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1828.JPG

Looks like a macro to me :)

Basing your ID of a plant by comparing a tiny tip cutting to old growth logs is gon do your head in Hunab. Like has been said here a million times, the same plant can look completely different depending on growing conditions.

Yeah I kinda was hoping you would come and set things straight about that but perhaps this aint the thread to do it in...your post in the "how to identify a macrogonus" thread post 18 is yours pass and your cactus look typically like my cutting...I guess I should stop trying to correctly ID this one for a while because Gilligan sent me a beautiful 30cm cutting of a macro and the fuggen spines are like 100mm long and really white...I was like WTF...how this be the same as my small cutting which in it's defense is a cutting off a long arm...anyways I'll shut up now...sorry for the mini hijack guys..as you were. :blush:

H.

hey man is that the same plant you and mu gave me a cutting off?

the one and the same VS! how'd you go with that cut did you plant it out already?

yeah that cactus is one tough old sucker. its damaged most people who have had the privilege of coming into contact with it lol :lol: whether chopping or catching it or watever

Yeah I kinda was hoping you would come and set things straight about that but perhaps this aint the thread to do it in...your post in the "how to identify a macrogonus" thread post 18 is yours pass and your cactus look typically like my cutting...I guess I should stop trying to correctly ID this one for a while because Gilligan sent me a beautiful 30cm cutting of a macro and the fuggen spines are like 100mm long and really white...I was like WTF...how this be the same as my small cutting which in it's defense is a cutting off a long arm...anyways I'll shut up now...sorry for the mini hijack guys..as you were.

H.

Im still unsure of the correct ID of the plant i posted pics of in the macro thread hunab (is the plant i label J1 btw), it was more just to show how different conditions can affect a plants appearance.

Strike rates for seed from this same plant are up in the 90+ percentile, so you can bet on good genetics. PM if you'd like some seed (pretty fresh, just a couple months) from this one too.

What size were the flowers, any photo's? If it has regular sized Tricho flower's it doesn't deserve the title really.

Edited by strangebrew

Damn, that is a awesome cutting!

Edited by Teotz'

yeah man its planted in the dirt, sems to be doing good, i kept that string around it, only way to handle it, those spines are awesome. its a beauty, big thick chunky beast.

What size were the flowers, any photo's? If it has regular sized Tricho flower's it doesn't deserve the title really.

There were a couple flowers around summertime and yes they did seem a bit smaller than regular tricho flowers, about 70% of the size of wat you'd expect from a run of the mill pedro. If i can dig up some photos soon i will post them up

Here is a couple of tip shots that the cuts were taken from.

post-5030-1246698794_thumb.jpg

Edited by interbeing

thanks everyone all gone :)

EDIT: woops! the 30cm cut just timed out instead of selling so its bak up for another week

Edited by interbeing

Edited by mu.

Looks like a macro to me :)

Basing your ID of a plant by comparing a tiny tip cutting to old growth logs is gon do your head in Hunab. Like has been said here a million times, the same plant can look completely different depending on growing conditions.

I second that mate got 3 Rosei that look like different cacti but it is just growing conditions that cause the variation. Cacti are like people they adapt to their environment

x2 post

Edited by sharxx101

On 7/4/2009 at 7:12 PM, interbeing said:

These cuts come from a very hardy specimen, only gettin morning sun due to being planted right between a shed and an enormous T. knuthianus/kubianus plant.

Some arms had actually grown into the knuthianus bush and popped out the other side - this guy just keeps goin and going!

gallery_5030_259_30867.jpggallery_5030_259_64558.jpg

As for the name Bendy thats more of a reference to this guy's home, as opposed as singling it out as a unique strain of macrogonus, not to imply this one aint in a league of its own though (yet to bioassay) :P

If you'd like anymore info on the cuts or their mother ask away :)

Here is a couple of tip shots that the cuts were taken from.

post-5030-1246698794_thumb.jpgpost-5030-1246699039_thumb.jpg

Dear Interbeing,  :worship:

I know it was a long time ago, what do you remember about this clone if anything?

I find myself living very close to another suburb colloquially known as 'Bendy' down here on the South Coast, NSW.

I sometimes pass a cactus garden in Bendy, I wonder if this clone come from this suburb and potentially this garden I've seen, can you confirm?

I obviously don't plan on doing a 'Change' style robbery (the poooor cunt :()  so don't freak out,

I just want to door knock, the current owners might not even be the same people, has been nearly a decade.

Impressive plant none the less.

1 hour ago, Skellum said:

Dear Interbeing,  :worship:

I know it was a long time ago, what do you remember about this clone if anything?

I find myself living very close to another suburb colloquially known as 'Bendy' down here on the South Coast, NSW.

I sometimes pass a cactus garden in Bendy, I wonder if this clone come from this suburb and potentially this garden I've seen, can you confirm?

I obviously don't plan on doing a 'Change' style robbery (the poooor cunt :()  so don't freak out,

I just want to door knock, the current owners might not even be the same people, has been nearly a decade.

Impressive plant none the less.

Hi Skellum,

This one came from Dawson's in Bendigo, Victoria :) Most likely the same clone as the macrogonus from the Field collection.

• Like 1

Spewing, Dawsons is a lifetime away. lol
I do have a couple fields macro specimens already though, thanks for pointing that out.

Good luck with tonights peru auction - I'll be a bidder on that one.

• Like 1