The Corroboree
planthelper

new mod position?

incognito - he's as old of the hills in SAB years and tries to keep the forums positive and informative. he would be good.

geez thanks WT, but i dont think i could ever moderate a forum, i dont contribute much if ever really, wouldnt call myself an oldboy-oodles here been around longer than me, plus i can be very erratic of mind, dunno about positive, and i would never consider myself informative!!!

im very limited in my ethno knowledge and about current world affairs.

im definately not moderator material!!!

Faustus has my vote as well.

fair enough :)

I have been wanting to use that for a while .. 'as old as the hills..' I like it. spoken with a bit of humor

Edited by watertrade

female mod for the chill sounds wise... is faustus female?

LMAO....anyone....?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WT are the pants in ur avatar the pair i left on the backseat of ur car in Melb??

Im just wondering what relevance those pants have to you????

I always thought you where female when you had that little kitty with the pink ribbon as your avavtar.

And no Faustus doesnt qualify as a female mod paradox.

I'm gonna donkey vote and go with Teotz...

You are number 1 Teotz...

Edited by gilligan

Thank Gilligan!

I'm going to vote for Incognito as mod. I think Incognito really would be perfect!!!

Thank Gilligan!

I'm going to vote for Incognito as mod. I think Incognito really would be perfect!!!

thanks teotz , though i have nothing to offer, nor the time to moderate, especially chillspace!!!

things can get rather hectic in there!!!

How about Auxin?

How about Auxin? Or Coin?

coin and auxin sound like good choices for spirituality/philosophy. hey a bit off topic but what happened to nabraxas? the news forum has gone to hell without him.

O ya and I also nominate ThunderIdeal (I knew I was forgetting someone earlier)!

WT are the pants in ur avatar the pair i left on the backseat of ur car in Melb??

Yep, they are my trophy pants of previous conquests. :wink:

not really, :) they are just some pants from google images - which were posted in response to my previous avatar 'the jacket' which was in response to the earlier avatar 'the bomb' - in response to the 'hello kitty'. its just a random picture really for no reason.

i seriously thought you where a girl. i dunno that pic coupled with ur kind demenour..ill shutup now lol

girl in a good way ill leave it at that

That would explain how your pants ended up in the back of WT's car then.... :wink:

H.

Makes sense :) I'm happy with that explanation.

Bet it was quite a disappointment when I crawled out of the tent with a hangover rather than the open minded hippy chick of your dreams. hehe! (insert one of Ronny’s pics here)

nice one incognito. :lol:

Edited by watertrade

hmm....

i want to start a talk if we want to make hunab a mod to take any forum of a mod who migh want to hand over (maybe chill to take load of tort?).

anyway, i think he does a lot of good work here!! B)

Only if he keeps his current avatar pic :lol:

(very fitting for this of year)

Edited by Mr G House aka shameless

I wonder how things would go having several mods there. Other forums work fine with multiple mods, but I don't think we've tried that before.

Chillspace with me and SartoriBlue as co-moderators, years ago, but that was a very different situation and heaven forbid we ever get put into that position again :wub:

awesome to see you back around here Darklight, the place needs alot more female input!!!

Thanks for your trust guys! I appreciate it! Atm i have a lot of work but i´d do it if you want me to. But if someone else absolutely wants to become mod, i´d be the last who´d take that guy the position away. Especially because i like Hunab a lot! The option with a few mods at once would work great for me because of my seasonal work. I work a lot in summer but few in winter. How about Hunab and I share the mod position in chillspace? bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Most of the people nominated here have already been mods, have been asked to be mods, have been eliminated, or are being considered. Being a mod isn't a popularity contest. I chose mods extremely carefully as I feel they need to set examples for other members, set the tone of the forum, and also perform the technical duties. I tend to pick people who have a steady presence here, maybe have a preference for a particular subforum/topic, don't have extreme views that tend to lead to disrespectful shouting matches, and have a high level of diplomacy skills with a deep sense of fairness.

Some of the nominations quite obviously don't fit this bill.

When I think about chosing mods I often have to spend a few days specifically looking at who might be suitable. I then make a shortlist and eventually make my decision. If I forget to put someone on that shortlist I may actually overlook one of the best candidates for the job. So, while discussions of how and why someone is or isn't a mod really aren't very useful here, it would be a great help if a pool of names could be established here so that I DON'T overlook anyone.

To avoid lots of space wasted could you please first ask the nominee if he is at all willing or interested before posting the name.

I know iv only been lurking just over 6 months so no vote from me just one suggestion that worked on another forum,

anyhow i have been a mod on another unrelated forum & we had a problem with one particular thread similar to the chill space drama's or major upsets

To solve the problem we just created a Super Mod that all mods could log into anomalously without repercussions & with a good democratic moderation task as all moderators & admins could use this account without any backlash from members

That way all members understood it was a majority (but anonymous ) group decision for any disciplinary actions from all mods & admin

Edited by mac

Chill space is probably the busiest forum as far as eccentricities and unusual topics but in all reality...lets have a look back and see what real moderating has had to be done... I can't speak for more than say 10 months ago though but you Torsten have come along late at night and read the days events and given an opinion and cleared everyone pretty much., that's the nature of most of us here we know how to take the piss and where to pull up short of the warn line...it's an exciting part of this board and is where like it says members come and chill and blab about anything...thing is most members here are pretty smart cookies and are quite intelligent and know pretty well where the line is ....look at Baph...he has hit so many balls on the line but as we all know on the line is in....I'm not so sure the forum is big enough to warrant more than one mod...just my 2 bobs worth...oh and for what it's worth..if I had to nominate 2 members who I admire a lot to become Mods it would be Morg and water Trade.

H.

The other thing is everywhere you go you get your drama Queens & people who like to stir shit , the stirrers or "internet shock jocks" & "keyboard warriors" seem almost troll like getting their point across BUT

the drama queens react to every little comment of the ones who stir the pot :scratchhead:

If we were all the same & had the same opinion we would be a race of Zombies, Life would be boring without people like this (us) & , it entertains most of us (the ones who are entertained are usually the ones who giggle at all the commotion & hardly comment)

I'm all for freedom of speech even if it has racist undertones (witch seems to be the main topic lately)

Now don't get me wrong , with the bath thing i see his point in political correctness gone too far & being a one law for them another for us , but i also see him as a shock factor poster to get his point across & thrives on those Over reactions to further push the point whatever the subject may be

I have not been about long enough to form a real opinion on anyone here, but i like others can pick & choose witch threads i wish to read & what i chose to ignore :P:innocent_n:

Ahhhh people are funny animals & will never cease to amaze me at their combination & capability's of wisdom, knowledge, stupidity & ignorance in all of us

Edited by mac

lets have a look back and see what real moderating has had to be done... I can't speak for more than say 10 months ago though but you Torsten have come along late at night and read the days events and given an opinion and cleared everyone pretty much., that's the nature of most of us here

See, that's the problem with recent arrivals ;)

The chill space has been an incredibly difficult place at times. It ahs been so bad that it almost caused me to close this place down THREE times in the last 10 years. Yes, 99% of members here are easy to get along with and are here to support this place. But every now and then you get a member who causes problems. Lots of problems. Some do it for social engineering reasons, others because they are hot heads. But because i try to be fair and give everyone an opportunity to express themselves, this place sometimes turns into a total circus. We've had mods quit over such episodes, members leave in droves, and even alternate forums spring up as a result of often childish and irrational dramas. You haven't seen any of that hunab. The most you have seen is the minor nuisance that teotz has made of himself, but again you haven't seen the over hundred PMs that have directly resulted from that in the background.

I've grown a pretty thick skin over the years and still the chill space sometimes really gets to me. When things really heat up in there mods tend to not stick around. Many wiser older members also politely decline any offer of modding the chill space cos they have seen just how far things can go. I can't blame them.

You're right that some people play right on the line, but it is still in. I don't enjoy people doing that, but I respect their difference. I have gotten a lot tougher on people who are here to only play on the line and not contribute in any other way. They tend to get booted quickly and I really don't care if people have free speech issues about that as this is a private place, not a public place, and the main purpose is for ethnobotany related topics. The chill space should be a social forum for plantheads, so I have no problem kicking out non-plantheads if they just stir shit.

O ya Evil Genius would be a good mod as well.