The Corroboree
planthelper

new mod position?

hmm....

i want to start a talk if we want to make hunab a mod to take any forum of a mod who migh want to hand over (maybe chill to take load of tort?).

anyway, i think he does a lot of good work here!! B)

get in there hunab and grab the position....1 vote from me

Sure why not...I have the time currently.....and this being my second family an all... :)

H.

hunab, :P

good to know you would like the position.

but to tell you the truth,

i don't even know if such a position is available,

but i'm sure the right thing will happen.

I'll be a mod :unsure:

Sure, but you´ll need a very own mod who moderates you, Teotz! :P

me me i vote for hunab although i think i'd do a good job as well lol actually no i probably can't afford to spend more time here then i already do LMAO

I nominate t st tantra - looks like he can keep his head together. and has been here for ages. of course might not want to be a mod either. ;)

I nominate t st tantra - looks like he can keep his head together. and has been here for ages. of course might not want to be a mod either. ;)

just saw his status is/was a mod. .. knew I was right :)

was moderator of the spiriruality forum.......it was very important to me as recognition from my community.

i went into a spiritual exploration hole and was off line for a few months when there was a forum upgrade and my status was unknown at the time........

t s t .

Chill space is like the garbage can on other forums...most of the fights start in chill space...mostly because of Baph and his race issue postings etc...but that's cool...you have to completely neutral and not be affected by such things too personally...yeah Tst would work as mod too...but those that don't vote for me don't get any freebies... :devil:

H.

post-4860-1245455815_thumb.jpg

lolcat_funny_picture_moderator1.jpg

lolcat_funny_picture_moderator1.jpg

Edited by Hunab Ku

was moderator of the spiriruality forum.......it was very important to me as recognition from my community.

i went into a spiritual exploration hole and was off line for a few months when there was a forum upgrade and my status was unknown at the time........

t s t .

i like the idea of turnover of mod positions as it allows other people to be recognised/rewarded by our community........though this is all really up to t.......

t s t .

i've been a mod,quite happy to do it again but would rather someone else was 'inducted in to the inner circle',lol......

that moderator tag will be changed when i can think of a label that works for me,moderator always seemed fine.......

Edited by t st tantra

yeah Tst would work as mod too...but those that don't vote for me don't get any freebies... :devil:

H.

You would be super too, Hunab ;) I would be happy for you to mod me.

my vote is for WT, EG or VS.

i really dont think Hunabs been around long enough. hes a great guy and a great contributer but i really think it would be unfair for these 3 to be overloooked.

im thinking EG would be a great mod. very level headed guy.

hunab is on a short list, but like incognito inferred, I like stability over long periods of time, so prefer mods that have been members for a long while. we get many very active members who attain a high profile in a short time, but who also end up with forum fatigue and disappear as quickly as they came, and I want to avoid having to take away mod positions.

I also try and pick mods according to where their interests lie [ie where they post most actively], which is why hunab was on my top 3 list for the spirituality mod recently.

This whole discussion has brought up another issue though. I've never wanted to be mod in the chill space, but usually just fill the gaps between other chill space mods. It's been a long gap since sina and I should really pass the job off onto someone else. However I have not noticed anyone tough, fair and suicidal enough to want to mod the chill space. I wonder how things would go having several mods there. Other forums work fine with multiple mods, but I don't think we've tried that before.

thanks for thinking of me jono but i am not interested in being mod. was a mod at the old EBA forums that was good but i have had my day, am happy for someone else to have a go. i really dont contribute a geat deal anyway. i guess having a few mods for chill space may lighten the burden when needed.

i think tst would make a good mod he has been around a long time- actually thought he was a mod, it was tst that sent me my first seeds many years ago that got me started. EG would be another good choice IMHO.

i just replied to say i do not want the job.

Glad for someone else to have a crack at it. Is a tough job filling Darklights shoes. Maybe the answer is that simple: for a forum where the majority of members are male, maybe we need a female mod for the chill.

Edited by apothecary

my vote is for WT, EG or VS.

i really dont think Hunabs been around long enough. hes a great guy and a great contributer but i really think it would be unfair for these 3 to be overloooked.

im thinking EG would be a great mod. very level headed guy.

thanks for the thought incog but I don't know enough about anything to be a mod. :)

I think evil Genius would be great too.

we get many very active members who attain a high profile in a short time, but who also end up with forum fatigue and disappear as quickly as they came, and I want to avoid having to take away mod positions.

I'll always be around (hopefully).

EG yes but apparently he is working 16hrs a day currently and it's summer where he is at the moment and I notice overseas members tend to disappear over the summer months as they are out and about a lot because their summers are so short etc...

still he is a nice guy and would do the job admirably.

H.

I was just thinking about it and there heaps of people I think up for the job - don't forget incognito - he's as old of the hills in SAB years and tries to keep the forums positive and informative. he would be good.

female mod for the chill sounds wise... is faustus female?

my vote would be for T st, WT or faustus & i agree that EG would make a great mod! or what about coin for the spirituality forum, he's a pretty switched on boy?

hunab would probably be good & he's around often enough so he could check on things regularly, but as others have said he's only been here for 6 months or so....

Edited by Paradox

incognito - he's as old of the hills in SAB years and tries to keep the forums positive and informative. he would be good.

geez thanks WT, but i dont think i could ever moderate a forum, i dont contribute much if ever really, wouldnt call myself an oldboy-oodles here been around longer than me, plus i can be very erratic of mind, dunno about positive, and i would never consider myself informative!!!

im very limited in my ethno knowledge and about current world affairs.

im definately not moderator material!!!

Faustus has my vote as well.