The Corroboree
kindness

acacia obtusifolia for sale

Got mine in the mail today ^_^ fantastic mate, potted them into big pots straight away, thanks alot mate, arrived secure and healthy!

Thanks mate appreciate it.

Hey...

Have a few acacia obtusifolia for sale, 30 cm high, well established.. need $ right now so pm if you are interested. Will sell for $10 + postage. Can provide pics.

Will consider trade for other stuff also

peace

mz

No probs,

that took a while to get to you if you only got them yesterday.... (Saturday) weird.

Glad you are happy with them though. There should be a few more in a while. Will post when the next batch is ready.

Happy obtusi growing :)

How are all those obtusi's going out there in the big wide world??

One of mine got eaten, two got whippersnipped by a careless gardener, and the last one is going very well in a pot until I clear the spot I want to plant it in.

Will you be selling more this coming spring?

Edited by FancyPants

yeah great thanks meanies, i have kept them in pots until recently and have been put into the ground the other week

thanks heaps

Hi Mate,

Sorry I am a low poster but am happy to send the money prior to you sending the goods,

Are there any left?

@ Fancymepants - damn, gotta be careful with those bloody whipper snippers! Yes there will be more in spring. But I'm not gonna sell em to you if you put them in the path of fricken blood thirsty lawn mower men/women!

@ velvet siren - any photos man? Nice to hear they are doing well... it's a bit like deciding to let your kids go into foster care isn't it, (well actually, it's not that much like that, but you know what I mean). Glad to hear they are reaching ground where you are :)

@ jay6785 - if you are still around come spring pm me :)

Going really good, 6 out of the 8 survived and are looking very healthy.

I will post some pics when I get a camera.

damn, two died? that sucks man :( but still good that the 6 survived...

Let me get to next seasons batch and maybe I will send ya two at reduced prices or something..

You will have to remind me though lol cause I definately won't remember unless you do.

why did they die?

and yes pics would be good :)

@ Fancymepants - damn, gotta be careful with those bloody whipper snippers! Yes there will be more in spring. But I'm not gonna sell em to you if you put them in the path of fricken blood thirsty lawn mower men/women!

Wouldn't blame you, dude :( The gardener (from a franchise I hired to do my lawns) also killed my caapi that had already been starting to really kick off once I planted it next to the pool fence BANGHEAD2.gif Good thing now at least I have a lawnmower so a friend can do it for me instead, and knows my plants aren't to be touched.

That is so fricken rude!! Any recourse to be paid for the damage they caused or anything? Like if they 'accidentally' brush-cut the fender of a car I would expect them to be held responsible... does the same hold true for plants?

Anyhow, I was only kidding about not selling you anymore :P There should be plenty more come spring :)

heres a photo, they were shoved in a pot together, the little one died, out of the 3, 2 survived, then when i was moving the pot i dropped it and it broke the stem of one of them but i decided to keep them together close to eaach other, i think they will do well in the ground

heres a photo

P1000563.jpg

:drool2: nice bridgesii

acacia looks pretty happy back there too.. sure it will sprout into triple that size next spring :)

It is sooo nice to see plants around the country that started here. Makes me feel very connected to all of your gardens and lives.

peace

i hope it does double in size, yeah nice bridgie ay. :)

not sure if it will like living under an obtus but we will wait and see cactus are easy to move if needed

the ol' obtusi is a pretty gangly / twisted specimen... the healthiest ones I have seen do have a fair bit of spread though. But they are not like a super tight bush or anything that will prohibit light getting to yr bridge monstrose.

In the wild I haven't seen an obtusi of the strain you have larger than 3m, if even that...

I am not really sure how they grow in individual pampered conditions however.. I am only familiar with their habits in the wild.

It may be that they completely go frigging nuts being pampered :) I would as a general rule of thumb treat them as any native, and expect that in 6 years they will be huge!

peace

yeah cool thanks

damn, two died? that sucks man :( but still good that the 6 survived...

Let me get to next seasons batch and maybe I will send ya two at reduced prices or something..

You will have to remind me though lol cause I definately won't remember unless you do.

why did they die?

and yes pics would be good :)

Not sure exactly what killed them, it was in the first 2-3 weeks of getting them so might have just been shock.

Thanks for the offer, appreciate it :rolleyes:

What sort of soil do you grow your obtusys in meanies? I've been using straight potting mix (cheap as fuck shit) and they dont really seem to like it. Cheers man

Edit: Happy birthday also brother

Edited by Yawning Man

native potting mix, quality... or seed raising mix, quality... or local soil, with perhaps some additions - like perlite to make it drain better.

If you are using that c oles potting mix or something like that do yourself a favour and kill your plants now rather than watching a slow death.... the ph of the cheap stuff is probably killing em.

I once used that cheap stuff.. tried to grow all sorts of things in it and nothing was ever happy in it.. I think it might have been to acid or something... i even tried to improve it with various things, thinking I was on a good wicket saving $ on the potting mix but then improving it to end up with a larger amount of soil. But the truth of the matter was it was easier just to buy quality from the begining.

hope that helps.

More than you'd know bro :) I'm using this stuff called B lack Magi c. My dad stocks it at his work so it's the shit thats always sitting around right in front of me. I'm get off my arse and read around on some proper soils. Should be a good spring this year :drool2:

cheers