The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sharxx101

Psilocybe semilanceata

I have read in the magic mushrooms of the world (stamets) that these mushroom grow in Australia. Has anyone ever seen any of these mushrooms in Victoria or have pics? As I have nevercome across them in my travels. Any advice appericated

I have read in the magic mushrooms of the world (stamets) that these mushroom grow in Australia. Has anyone ever seen any of these mushrooms in Victoria or have pics? As I have nevercome across them in my travels. Any advice appericated

we use to have these pop up in patches of 100's I believe the active content is quite low , not the easiest ones to collect they rot very quickly so have to be dried out rather quickly probably an ideal casndidate for cchemical drying although i imagine you would need a substantial size patch to get anything decent not sure about victoria though i'm in coastal nsw

Liberty caps where the predominant shroom we hunted in the UK, particularly up in Wales...you find a patch and you find literally thousands of together in massive rings in the grass...I've not encountered them here... mind you haven't really looked either...they are a really smooth soft trip the libs...very very nice and light and enjoyable...great for being outside during the day and hanging with friends kinda shroom. My ex wife was a really good photographer and when we went picking she would opt for taking pics...she has thousands of shots of fairy rings of caps...we also found a patch in Kent park in London a few times....they simply pop up up in lawns and grass pastures etc.

H.

post-4860-1243903493_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1243903509_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1243903520_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1243903529_thumb.jpg

9190_lib5.jpg

35266_lib4.jpg

45072_lib3.jpg

88737_lib2.jpg

9190_lib5.jpg

35266_lib4.jpg

45072_lib3.jpg

88737_lib2.jpg

Thats really interesting Neo... I've never seen them growing anywhere. Been an avid mushroom hunter for years in all sorts of places and haven't come across them. Strange. So where you 'used' to find them, was that in cow paddocks on the coast? I thought they tended to like colder climates?

Interested to hear more!

You are likely to find them in Tassie or Victoria perhaps...they where an autumn late summer mushroom in the UK.

H

we use to have these pop up in patches of 100's I believe the active content is quite low , not the easiest ones to collect they rot very quickly so have to be dried out rather quickly probably an ideal casndidate for cchemical drying although i imagine you would need a substantial size patch to get anything decent not sure about victoria though i'm in coastal nsw

where exactly did you used to get these? In Australia? In NSW? I doubt we are talking about the same mushroom since this mushroom requires very cold conditions to fruit (its main habitats include the united kingdom, northern europe, southern new zealand and northern america). Are you sure you are talking about semilanceata?

I know of only three confirmed collections of Ps.semilanceata in Australia and two were in the central highlands of Tasmania and the other was on Mount Buffalo in Victoria at significant altitude. I was also told that they can make an appearance on the Dinner plain but we spent a long time up there with no success.

There is also one confirmed find of Ps.strictipes (sp?) in melbourne australia but I know people that have spent long hours without success.

My advice - hit the highlands for a chance to find these in Vic or tassie.

Thanks for the info guys and thanks for the great pics hunab ku, I was reading about them in my magic mushrooms of the world guide and it says that they are highly to extremely potent which sound like a misconception cause everyone here has told me that they provide a light experience. They are an interesting little shroom, I had no clue that they grow here thought they were more american. Maybe they are weak compared to our subs?

Thats really interesting Neo... I've never seen them growing anywhere. Been an avid mushroom hunter for years in all sorts of places and haven't come across them. Strange. So where you 'used' to find them, was that in cow paddocks on the coast? I thought they tended to like colder climates?

Interested to hear more!

nah not paddocks the only place i've ever seen them was my mums front lawn after the council cut down these old tree they just started popping up year after year I think it was in the colder months from mmemory I haven't lived there for a good 8 years or so now so I'm not sure if they still appear or not Happy to post some pics if they do they do blue maybe they are a different variety although they do look very similar I'm not big on mycology so its probably very easy for me to overlook differences dam you guys have got me hoping they appear again as wouldn't mind a positive id I never biossayed but a friend who picked a decent bunch reported activity haha maybe you guys can help me Id the big wavey lookin shrooms that pop up in the glass house in summer too always wondered what they are but never been able to id either they get blue crystals all over them as they age

nah not paddocks the only place i've ever seen them was my mums front lawn after the council cut down these old tree they just started popping up year after year I think it was in the colder months from mmemory I haven't lived there for a good 8 years or so now so I'm not sure if they still appear or not Happy to post some pics if they do they do blue maybe they are a different variety although they do look very similar I'm not big on mycology so its probably very easy for me to overlook differences dam you guys have got me hoping they appear again as wouldn't mind a positive id I never biossayed but a friend who picked a decent bunch reported activity haha maybe you guys can help me Id the big wavey lookin shrooms that pop up in the glass house in summer too always wondered what they are but never been able to id either they get blue crystals all over them as they age

Might be P. Australiana if they have a wavey cap would love to see a pick for a proper id

we need some prints of these ....lib caps prints....anyone have ...?

we need some prints of these ....lib caps prints....anyone have ...?

reading my mind brotha :)

I'll have a go at conjuring up some from my magic friends in other places... :wink:

Sweet :)

Might be P. Australiana if they have a wavey cap would love to see a pick for a proper id

unlikely to be the case if they pop up in the warmer months.

unlikely to be the case if they pop up in the warmer months.

warmer is an undersatment this glass house probaly gets to 40+ in summer and humidity in there is through the roof from memory summer and spring was when they predominantly turn up so its going to be a bit before i can get a picture , they were also very large bit smaller or the same size as a decent gold top

Im confused. Did you say that they grew in a warm environment? Are we talking about Semilanceata here because they are an extreme cold-weather mushroom as in colder weather than subs would require.

As ive said previous in Australia they have only been reported from altitude - think central tasmanian highlands and Mt Buffalo in Victoria during deep autumn and winter.

Semis are also generally fairly petite mushrooms and yield a potency less than most wood lovers.

Not a wood lover...they grow in pastures in warmer months...much like cubes would and similar environments...they are a very small capped mushroom and quite small a big one being as round as a 5 cent piece...potency wise they are much weaker than cubensis and so you need quite a few for a dose..15gms is not unheard of for a decent dose...the high is very cerebral and fluffy and happy...large dose's can bring on nice visuals of fairies and elves and some nice Celtic patterns....during the day they can change clouds to pictures of wizards and warlocks etc...I used to chow this shroom a lot when living in the UK...it is by far the most common and popular wild psychoactive fungus up in them parts of the world.

H.

Not a wood lover...they grow in pastures in warmer months...much like cubes would and similar environments...they are a very small capped mushroom and quite small a big one being as round as a 5 cent piece...potency wise they are much weaker than cubensis and so you need quite a few for a dose..15gms is not unheard of for a decent dose...the high is very cerebral and fluffy and happy...large dose's can bring on nice visuals of fairies and elves and some nice Celtic patterns....during the day they can change clouds to pictures of wizards and warlocks etc...I used to chow this shroom a lot when living in the UK...it is by far the most common and popular wild psychoactive fungus up in them parts of the world.

H.

Are you replying to me? Semilanceata dont grow in the same climates as cubies - far from it. They like the cold not warm and humid environments and have a particular liking for pastures grazed by sheep. Like the celtic stuff though.

Are you replying to me? Semilanceata dont grow in the same climates as cubies - far from it. They like the cold not warm and humid environments and have a particular liking for pastures grazed by sheep. Like the celtic stuff though.

Hey Zen..yeah actually they are an Autumn fruiter...they come up the same time of year as Amanita's...which is Autumn in the Northern hemisphere....yeah they are a wonderful little shroom..I remember at glastonbury 94 there was a mushroom chai stand and we sat near it for half a day sipping on liberty cap tea with cinnamon and vanilla flavouring..50pence a cup..we musta drank about 5-6 each and had the most beautiful evening leading up to wandering around all the stages and psytrance tents.

have just been told they are a bit of a prick to cultivate...nothing like a challenge hey... :wink:

H.

• Like 1

Im confused. Did you say that they grew in a warm environment? Are we talking about Semilanceata here because they are an extreme cold-weather mushroom as in colder weather than subs would require.

As ive said previous in Australia they have only been reported from altitude - think central tasmanian highlands and Mt Buffalo in Victoria during deep autumn and winter.

Semis are also generally fairly petite mushrooms and yield a potency less than most wood lovers.

Hey mate your getting your wires crossed we are talking about the above shrems and neo was telling us about some mushrooms that grow in his glass house that we will id when he gets a pic up.

I have heard the same as you hunab that they are hard to cultivate. Could it be due to them fruiting in grass lands and plains? I have only seem them in pics fruit in grassy soil.

I get my wires crossed quite often LOL. Sorry. I think workman fruited them off manure and they tend to appear more often in grazed than non-grazed pasture. Worth a shot for sure, but you would need to isolate it.

You should start looking when the day temperatures drop steady below 15C. The best hunting time is when its cold enough to want your gloves. A good sign of when the season is coming to it's end is when the ground freezes for serveral nights in a row or you get snow that stays on the ground for more than a day.

And, I must add. It's not when Amanitas grow, the amanitas will be gone long before the liberty cap hunting season start.

Iv got a few wild+ weak semilanceata prints on paper (from germany),

if there are any agar magicians getting around here...

I'll do one if no1 else will, but there are better agar magicians here than me, I don't have alot of free time these days, so any1 else with less plates of stuff to do, please take the lead.

Peace

Naja