Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Red Bull contains cocaine

Red Bull contains cocaine ...

well, at least in Austria is does.

-----------------------------

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/30/2585388.htm

Taiwan confiscates cocaine-laced energy drinks

Taiwanese authorities say they have confiscated nearly 18,000 cases of Red Bull energy drinks containing slight traces of cocaine and imported from Austria.

The goods worth around 25 million Taiwan dollars (about $10 million) were taken from the local importer's warehouses, the Investigation Bureau said in a statement.

They were part of a shipment that arrived from Austria in April, of which some were available from retailers and department stores for 50-65 Taiwan dollars a can, the bureau said.

The bureau said it had questioned the importer, who was also planning to launch a large-scale marketing campaign Monday to start selling the drinks in convenience stores.

The authorities have ordered the drinks to be removed from shelves pending further investigation.

Manufacturing, transporting and selling cocaine is a criminal offence punishable by death or life imprisonment, according to Taiwanese laws.

I recall some hype a lil while ago about an imported redbull from asia having more of a kick..?

my memory of events is quite vague tho. :P

I wonder if this is the same thing...

no it's not red bull, it's red bull COLA, and it's true it contains 0.13 micrograms of cocaine in every can and 0.4 micrograms in every litre.

go on this link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090526/wl_time/08599190084900

it's been taken off the shelves.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...27030442AATPtpH

0.4 micrograms in every litre... Should get you buzzing like mad.

I guess that must be it. cheap decocanised coca extract would account for that amount of cocaine.

How the hell did they find about it...?...are they doing random tests of Red bull around the world or was there a snitch in the works...?

H.

We will all be radioactive before plant drugs: that can be self grown are legal.

So the Red Bull thing is teasing thing for TV shitheads.

A way of taking attention from the economic problem, 50% of women and their intersted in how to feed, educate, and have a nice raising situtuation without atomic bombs, or being screwed economicaly, which I think is reasonable.

Is it off the shelves everywhere?!

I wanna buy a bunch!

Is it off the shelves everywhere?!

I wanna buy a bunch!

Youd either drown or have a cadiac arrest before the cocaine effects were experienced lol

Youd either drown or have a cadiac arrest before the cocaine effects were experienced lol

I just think it would be a really kick ass stimulant. I actually had one awhile back... I'm not sure if it had Cocaine or not (I'm in the U.S.)

I am pretty sure alchemist was being sarcastic [even 0.4mg wouldn't do much]. Apparently Teotz didn't pick up on that.

if u will listen to my classmate they also contain bull semen. thats how red bull got its name :P

he swears taurine is bull spoof or an extract thereof.

bull nads i was told but would you believe it? anyway it's a nutrient who particularly cares where it's extracted from (well me cuz i'm a vego, blah)

Reminds me of he claim that Jewish stores take delivery of special cane sugar Coke during their rituals.

No high fructose corn syrup to wash down the Purim Pasties...

Apparently Teotz didn't pick up on that.

Have you ever chewed Coca leaf? 00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o man! I love me some Coca leaf! A soda with just a tiny amount of cocaine would be PERFECT for me!

Now I can drink my Coca-cola without a big wad of leafs in my cheek!

Have you ever chewed Coca leaf? 00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o man! I love me some Coca leaf! A soda with just a tiny amount of cocaine would be PERFECT for me!

Now I can drink my Coca-cola without a big wad of leafs in my cheek!

you can't have the same effect by drinking the stuff, cocaine isn't very efficient by the gastric route, it is best taken via the mucosa. As for me i much prefer having green leaves in my mouth than drinking nasty sugary sodas...coca's tastes are wonderful and should be an available pleasure in the whole world, i see this plant as Camelia sinensis sister ;) they are a perfect pair and both are long life promoting plants that should be respected and enjoyed. :wub:

Reminds me of he claim that Jewish stores take delivery of special cane sugar Coke during their rituals.

No high fructose corn syrup to wash down the Purim Pasties...

Hey Garbage man welcome back...I was wondering where you'd got to...I was starting to miss you're cryptic anecdotal posts... :P

Manufacturing, transporting and selling cocaine is a criminal offence punishable by death or life imprisonment, according to Taiwanese laws.

...quite ironic when one think about the huge amount of Cocaine that was produced in Taiwan under the japanese occupation !