The Corroboree

Whilst going down a youtube wormhole i found a video about a free energy generator. THe first video i found mentioned a company called "magniworks", i searched that then found a video about 2 aussie guys who have invented the technology, magniwork seems to be a compnay that has rorted the idea and decided to sell the plans. Anyway i eventually found the website for the inventors ( www.lutec.com.au ). On the website they claim that if you put 100W in then you will get 440W out.

I am quite sceptical of this but if it works then that would be great.

I'm sceptical because

1. If it works then surely everyone would have one in their home

2. The device was invented in 2008 as far as i can tell so surely this would be ground=breaking news

3. physics. Whilst i don't know much about the subject i do remember from science class that it is impossible to put energy into a system and then get more out.

4. These guys are still alive. Oil and power companies have been shown to be ruthless in the past so knocking off 2 guys that are going to send them broke wouldn't be too hard to arrange.

I did a search on here and couldn't find any info about it so i'm presuming the info hasn't been posted here before. If this invention is for real, fantastic. i'll get 2 of them, start the first with a battery, plug the first into the second and then the second into the first and skim all the excess energy. HURRAH!!

these are always hoaxes, physics aside, if you had a way to make perpetual energy you could rule the world, and we could colonise the moon etc, nothing would be beyond our ability. youll know for sure when its invented because youll be in the underground suger mines:p

N. Tesla and others have invented many wonderful "free energy" devices. a person who invents such things usually doesnt get the fame they deserve, often they are killed for their ideas. search you tube for designs and such on tesla's boxes. there are boxes you can build, apperantly, that generate electricity from gravity, among many other great ideas.

Very interesting...

Slightly offtopic but,

While going through the usual electronics catalogs, I was trying to get my head around 12 v power inverters that allow you to run 240V appliances from a 12V power source, & why this type of technology is not used in general modern day household lighting & appliances ?

you mean in a home that runs off 12V solar power? i guess they could be but to run something like a 240V vacuum cleaner or other high drain appliance requires a fairly expensive inverter.

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of a house that runs off solar or grid @ 12/24/48 volts & appliances with built in inverters or one larger more expensive inverter per dwelling

Surley if this technology is available now it may become a realistic option for the future ?

Edited by mac

it's already an option, for instance you can have a 240V solar setup or as you say it's perfectly feasible to have a few inverters for individual appliances..... i think it's just a matter of expense which is obviously the biggest factor when it comes to solar (that and cloudy days).

Whilst going down a youtube wormhole i found a video about a free energy generator. THe first video i found mentioned a company called "magniworks", i searched that then found a video about 2 aussie guys who have invented the technology, magniwork seems to be a compnay that has rorted the idea and decided to sell the plans. Anyway i eventually found the website for the inventors ( www.lutec.com.au ). On the website they claim that if you put 100W in then you will get 440W out.

I'm sceptical because

2. The device was invented in 2008 as far as i can tell so surely this would be ground=breaking news

3. physics. Whilst i don't know much about the subject i do remember from science class that it is impossible to put energy into a system and then get more out.

4. These guys are still alive. Oil and power companies have been shown to be ruthless in the past so knocking off 2 guys that are going to send them broke wouldn't be too hard to arrange.

I did a search on here and couldn't find any info about it so i'm presuming the info hasn't been posted here before. If this invention is for real, fantastic. i'll get 2 of them, start the first with a battery, plug the first into the second and then the second into the first and skim all the excess energy. HURRAH!!

Ergon Energy did offer to purchase the concept, prototype and Patents some years ago but the offer was rejected.

They are still alive and still working on improving the LEA.

I speak to Lui every week and it does work, but who cares anyway.

The latest LEA will be 3Phase 4KW and is close to being completed.

I'm sceptical because

Naive much ? Everyone wouldn't have one in there home because that would take away the factor of control and perpetually working to pay for things you don't need to pay for.

It's not ground breaking news because we have been inventing such devices for decades now, it's from the powers to be that it gets hushed hushed, and if they offer to buy the patent and do it doesn't get sold or used in society, and normally if refused and it is of massive scale, the inventor will be welcomed to a world of pain by powers to be. The physics they teach you in schools and within the average system is based on limitations and they will never teach you something that will help you not rely on there system, it's unlimited physics that you have to go and source for yourself.

You can create electricity from earth, you can create electricity from water, you can create electricity from the air and space around you.

However with limited thinking you wont be inventing anything any time soon.

Arieon

Naive much ? Everyone wouldn't have one in there home because that would take away the factor of control and perpetually working to pay for things you don't need to pay for.

It's not ground breaking news because we have been inventing such devices for decades now, it's from the powers to be that it gets hushed hushed, and if they offer to buy the patent and do it doesn't get sold or used in society, and normally if refused and it is of massive scale, the inventor will be welcomed to a world of pain by powers to be. The physics they teach you in schools and within the average system is based on limitations and they will never teach you something that will help you not rely on there system, it's unlimited physics that you have to go and source for yourself.

You can create electricity from earth, you can create electricity from water, you can create electricity from the air and space around you.

However with limited thinking you wont be inventing anything any time soon.

Arieon

What ive always thought but could not word,amen..

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of a house that runs off solar or grid @ 12/24/48 volts & appliances with built in inverters or one larger more expensive inverter per dwelling

Surley if this technology is available now it may become a realistic option for the future ?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but I think you are misunderstanding the principles. You seem to be suggesting that it would save energy to supply power at 12 volts, which is then converted to 240v in the home for using with appliances. The truth is actually the opposite.

Assuming that this is what you're saying, your mistake is that you are equating voltage with energy. The amount of energy that an appliance uses per second (the power) is measured in Watts, or Joules per second. This is equal to the potential (voltage) multiplied by the current. Let's just talk about step up transformers, because an inverter has the specific task of converting DC current to AC, which is irrelevant to this part of the discussion. A step up transformer will create a greater potential, but the input power is actually slightly higher than the output, due to heat loss in the device, so you are not actually gaining any energy. This can be understood by looking at the current as well. There is a low voltage across the input, but a high current running though it, so even at this low voltage, the power usage can be quite high. The output is at a much higher voltage, but the current is also much lower, so the power usage is almost the same.

In fact, many household appliances actually require much lower voltage than what is supplied to our houses. Think of all the transformers you have in your house to convert 240V to 12V or 9V, say for charging your phone, or even the power supply in the back of your computer. Even devices that take mains voltage often require internal transformers and voltage regulators to drop the voltage (such as inside a VCR). The reason mains voltage is so high, is due to Ohm's law. Ohm's law states that the voltage is equal to the current times the resistance. As a consequence, the power consumption of a resistance is proportional to the square of the current, but only directly proportional to the voltage. Thus, for the same power, the losses as heat along the transmission wires (which offer electrical resistance) are much lower at a higher voltage. This is why long distance power lines are often tens of thousands of volts, and stepped down at certain points where convenient, for powering towns.

I don't know if I explained that very well, I am happy to clarify points if that didn't make sense.

Also, inverters are quite useful for running things off a 12 volt system, and are commonly used in caravans and whatnot. I used to live in a small house with my Dad out in the bush that was powered by solar panels. I had a 200W square wave inverter from Jaycar that was only $100 or so, but was good enough to watch tv and stuff in the caravan in which I spent most of my time. We had a 600W modified sin wave inverter in the house, which caused less interference on the tv image than the square wave and could run much higher powered appliances such as a vacuum cleaner. Can't remember how much it cost. It was second hand and I don't think we paid more than a few hundred bucks for it. Peanuts compared to the cost of the solar panels.

EDIT: Wiki provides a much better explanation of losses: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_powe...smission#Losses

Edited by ballzac

Lutec were around some years ago, based in Cairns from memory, there invention wasn't really new as such but the way they built it was? Years ago they were credited for building a magnetic motor and the plan was to have one in every household. They said the unit would power a house and still have excess that could be sold back to the grid. There are many plans for magnet motors around and they have been proven to work in some form or fashion, I don't know if lutec actually had an over-unity device but I know there are devices that have been built and are over unity [i.e create more energy than they use], I thought lutec went belly up though, they also had some NZ scientist claiming they stole his product from memory.

http://www.mgt.com.au/

These guys thought they had Perpetual Motion. They had a Huge rave in honor. Was a cool idea but not perpetual motion. Still he got to patent these pretty cool Magnetic frictionless gears. Whoot!

Back of the envelope calculations for alternative energy

at subtropical and tropical latitudes about 1000 watts per square metre

sunlight energy falls during the day

If you average this out to be about 10 good hours of sunlight a day

this is 10 kilo watt hours per day per square metre

the average surburban house block is about 1000 square metres

the house block receives 10,000 kilo watt hours per day of solar energy

If you converted this with 100% efficiency into electrical power....

Electricity costs about 15c per kilo watt hour so..

that's $1500 of electricity per day generated from a single house block

considering that there are losses in efficiency in converting electrical

energy to thermal in stoves and hot water services ..

you could get close to the 100% mark if you converted the solar energy

into thermal, that is about $500,000 worth of power currently just being

thrown in the bin per year

bit of a waste

If you converted to electricity with a very modest 10% efficiency benchmark

you are still making $50,000 a year

and the energy you took out of the system in doing this would combat global warming

not to mention the fact that you are not burning hydrocarbons to generate the power

Yeah, I saw this in the 'Cairns Post' (News Paper) around 2003 (I think).

Runs off spinning magnetic wheels or something.

That was the last I heard of it until now.

As we all know, energy can not be created or destroyed, only changed to different forms.

I presumed that this device could be real if it interacted with the earths magnetic field and harvested some of the energy from it.

I thought fair enough to keep the process secret until patents have been filed.

But really, if this thing was real any physicist in the world would be overjoyed to check it out and write a paper on this machine, have it pear reviewed, and gain instant world recognition in the scientific community and bring recognition of this device to every corner of the world (boosting sales sky-high, rocketing Lutec to the top of the ASX-or stock markety thing- and save the environment).

But alas, I now thing it is an elaborate hoax

On the other hand these guys are serious about ultra-enormous quantities of green-as Mega-power http://www.iter.org

Yeah, I saw this in the 'Cairns Post' (News Paper) around 2003 (I think).

Runs off spinning magnetic wheels or something.

That was the last I heard of it until now.

As we all know, energy can not be created or destroyed, only changed to different forms.

I presumed that this device could be real if it interacted with the earths magnetic field and harvested some of the energy from it.

I thought fair enough to keep the process secret until patents have been filed.

But really, if this thing was real any physicist in the world would be overjoyed to check it out and write a paper on this machine, have it pear reviewed, and gain instant world recognition in the scientific community and bring recognition of this device to every corner of the world (boosting sales sky-high, rocketing Lutec to the top of the ASX-or stock markety thing- and save the environment).

But alas, I now thing it is an elaborate hoax

On the other hand these guys are serious about ultra-enormous quantities of green-as Mega-power http://www.iter.org

I can suggest that this remark is incorrect, But alas, I now thing it is an elaborate hoax

I keep in touch with Lu Britts weekly and it is no hoax, the only hoax are the people who are wanting the use his system but they dont have enough of their own money to pay for it.

The new prototype is producing six to one at a 100rpm.

I can suggest that this remark is incorrect, But alas, I now thing it is an elaborate hoax

Actually assuming that you overlook the fact that I wrote 'thinG' instead of thinK, your suggestion that this remark is incorrect is misleading because I stated what I actually think, and unless you are part of brain then you are totally wrong!

(However I have to concede that you can suggest it, (as you did) even though the content of your suggestion is (as you certainly know) totally and utterly wrong.)

the only hoax are the people who are wanting the use his system but they dont have enough of their own money to pay for it.

Wow, are they really that expensive to build? :huh:

So I assume only the Chinese government believes you then :P

Helping the rich get richer - Good luck, but us poor c#nts still aren't stupid enough to be worried :lol:

Edited by RockHammer

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but I think you are misunderstanding the principles. You seem to be suggesting that it would save energy to supply power at 12 volts, which is then converted to 240v in the home for using with appliances. The truth is actually the opposite.

Assuming that this is what you're saying, your mistake is that you are equating voltage with energy. The amount of energy that an appliance uses per second (the power) is measured in Watts, or Joules per second. This is equal to the potential (voltage) multiplied by the current. Let's just talk about step up transformers, because an inverter has the specific task of converting DC current to AC, which is irrelevant to this part of the discussion. A step up transformer will create a greater potential, but the input power is actually slightly higher than the output, due to heat loss in the device, so you are not actually gaining any energy. This can be understood by looking at the current as well. There is a low voltage across the input, but a high current running though it, so even at this low voltage, the power usage can be quite high. The output is at a much higher voltage, but the current is also much lower, so the power usage is almost the same.

In fact, many household appliances actually require much lower voltage than what is supplied to our houses. Think of all the transformers you have in your house to convert 240V to 12V or 9V, say for charging your phone, or even the power supply in the back of your computer. Even devices that take mains voltage often require internal transformers and voltage regulators to drop the voltage (such as inside a VCR). The reason mains voltage is so high, is due to Ohm's law. Ohm's law states that the voltage is equal to the current times the resistance. As a consequence, the power consumption of a resistance is proportional to the square of the current, but only directly proportional to the voltage. Thus, for the same power, the losses as heat along the transmission wires (which offer electrical resistance) are much lower at a higher voltage. This is why long distance power lines are often tens of thousands of volts, and stepped down at certain points where convenient, for powering towns.

I don't know if I explained that very well, I am happy to clarify points if that didn't make sense.

Correct!

Energy is energy Voltage,Wattage, and Amperage are but 3 parts of the "electrical" side of energy.(Resistance aside)

If you don't understand Ohms' law then you think Voltage is power.

Ever been bitten by a charged capacitor?

Where talking thousands of Volts...low Amps :wink:

Also Wattage can be associated with heat and sound, 2 completely different measurements and meanings,still part of the energy equation tho.

Actually assuming that you overlook the fact that I wrote 'thinG' instead of thinK, your suggestion that this remark is incorrect is misleading because I stated what I actually think, and unless you are part of brain then you are totally wrong!

(However I have to concede that you can suggest it, (as you did) even though the content of your suggestion is (as you certainly know) totally and utterly wrong.)

the only hoax are the people who are wanting the use his system but they dont have enough of their own money to pay for it.

Wow, are they really that expensive to build? :huh:

So I assume only the Chinese government believes you then :P

Helping the rich get richer - Good luck, but us poor c#nts still aren't stupid enough to be worried :lol:

Tell me, why would I be wrong ?

Your Englsh skills are not the best are they ?

No the costs are not that great, a couple of grand would do the job.

If they dont have their own monney they have to borrow.

Why would you mention China or are you aware that they have been there on a couple of occasions ?

They are not about making the rich cunts richer, they are about selling their system to make themselves and their shareholders ritcher.

Us poor stupid cunts will never worry while we have plenty of piss, drugs and TV.

Edited by jondoe

Back of the envelope calculations for alternative energy

at subtropical and tropical latitudes about 1000 watts per square metre

sunlight energy falls during the day

If you average this out to be about 10 good hours of sunlight a day

this is 10 kilo watt hours per day per square metre

the average surburban house block is about 1000 square metres

the house block receives 10,000 kilo watt hours per day of solar energy

If you converted this with 100% efficiency into electrical power....

Electricity costs about 15c per kilo watt hour so..

that's $1500 of electricity per day generated from a single house block

considering that there are losses in efficiency in converting electrical

energy to thermal in stoves and hot water services ..

you could get close to the 100% mark if you converted the solar energy

into thermal, that is about $500,000 worth of power currently just being

thrown in the bin per year

bit of a waste

If you converted to electricity with a very modest 10% efficiency benchmark

you are still making $50,000 a year

and the energy you took out of the system in doing this would combat global warming

not to mention the fact that you are not burning hydrocarbons to generate the power

its really too bad solar panels right now are like under 10% efficient it seems. great ones are in the 20's.

the best city here (Kaosiung) for sun shine averages 6 hours (i have read 5.1-7, so say 6 to be safe). (see here for a neat building there: http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/05/29/taiwans-dragon-stadium-turns-sunshine-power/)

so 6 hours of light a day, which is quite good for a year round daily average i think. using your figure of "1000 watts per square metre per day" and a normal house where i am from in canada has a 800square foot footprint (2 stories or 10 doesnt really change a lot with roof space). that is 74 square meters according to google.

so 74 sqaure meters of solid solar panel at 1000watts per square meter (74,000w per day). say 15% efficiency of the panels. is 11100watts (11.1KW)a day, not too shabby. here a KW is abotu $0.12 USD so that is $1.33/day---486/year... but to setup something like that costs around $20,000 USD here for that large a setup, maybe more. right now solar is nice when wealthy, to clean up things, but does not save money in my opinion...even long term unless the panels somehow last 20 years, along with batteries and their high cost.

i think a small family can get by with using 11KW a day if they are careful, but most people are not so. we use all fluoros and have no heaters/air conditioners. we sweep/mop and hand wash our dishes. and we use gas to cook. we use about 5KW a day. but we are in a tropical place, so its easier. also only 2 adults so things like laundry cooking and a small fridge make a big difference.

edit link:

canada average sunshine http://www.livingin-canada.com/sunshine-hours-canada.html

south africa

http://www.suedafrika.net/special/sunshine.html

australia

http://www.livingin-australia.com/sunshine-hours-australia/

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/ncc/climate_averages/sunshine-hours/index.jsp

Edited by kadakuda

Guest svarg26

i made a 1kw wind turbine that runs my pool pump for 4 hrs a day, which is loosely based on the lutec permanent magnet motor device. including the fisher and paykel motor, it cost less than $500 to make, inverter included. i wish these guys the best of luck, as it takes great courage to take on the zionist fossil fuel cartel. put your faith in the theories of modern day physics at your own peril.

peace.