The Corroboree
Neoshaman

smoked caapi & HBWR

im curious if it is perhaps a different ergoline than is commonly thought. if anyone has access to a lad or some supplies, they could test this. i wonder if instead of the LSA (Which Shulgin says hoffman found not to be psychedelic) it could perhaps be one of the precursor ergolines that are responsible for the stimulating, psychoactive effects. or at least may be able to tell which chemical is responsible for the ill effects. or maybe its the same one(s)?

Nice, nice

I think the combo of lsa seeds and maoi is kind of pointless, some friend did aya + HBWR seed, he had a very strange and incomprehensible experience, from what I understand. LSA seeds are cheap, so why potentiate them? Anyways I think lsa seeds are just fine alone, but this ripe/unripe seed thing should be really interesting!!!!

Still I am interested in smoked maoi as potentiator for other substances or alone. I wonder if the potentiation is of such degree as the oral potentiation...

FOAF advises mary does not really have a pleasant synergy with this plant

a friend of mine said that too, and he is a pothead. In his experience mary + HBWR don't like each other, but he is sure it's rather an individual thing. I suspect that cannabis requires special care and sensibility during psychedelic experiences, as many suggest...

Edited by mutant

a friend of mine said that too, and he is a pothead. In his experience mary + HBWR don't like each other, but he is sure it's rather an individual thing. I suspect that cannabis requires special care and sensibility during psychedelic experiences, as many suggest...

The only difference mary makes to my good friend is that she will eat. Non stop in fact but that's the only problem. It does make the hbwr a lot fuzzier around the edges which is extremely sensual.

How much caapi bark or leaves would one have to smoke to achieve noticeable effect of MAOI action? Just out of curiosity; I need to know things.

Edit: Sorry one more Q, can caapi be boiled in a regular saucepan? Or would it have to be porcelain or whatever?

Edited by FancyPants

How much caapi bark or leaves would one have to smoke to achieve noticeable effect of MAOI action? Just out of curiosity; I need to know things

im curious as well. i tried about 1 gram the other night with nothing. are the actives sensitive to heat/light?

i think caapi is a very nice mellow smoke but only mild in terms of maoi but even that makes some difference to additions but not as much as cyperus ,eleagnus or other options.......

sativa goes with entheogens ,indica not so much.

t s t .

sativa goes with entheogens ,indica not so much.

interesting comment. thanks.. why do you think it is that indica is contraindicated ? can bring on paranoia?

interesting comment. thanks.. why do you think it is that indica is contraindicated ? can bring on paranoia?

SWIM thinks it has something to with the extra body load associated with smoking indica , usually sativa produce a clear headed exhilerahating high as oppose to indica which make you fall or your arse and doze off even strong sativa strains like haze SWIM finds very uplifting with no body load , I think it has to do somewhat of a poteniation effect the indicas body load and heavyyiness is potentiated as oppose to when sativa effects are poteniatated they are still quite pleasant , SWIM informs me vast majority of strains in his area are currently indica varities so the unpleasant relationship could certainly be put down to the influence of an indica strain

I've read time and time again that smoking cigarettes inhibits MAOI.

Caapi leaves can be up to 2% alkaloids, smoking caapi(legal here) is strong in my experience.

Sativa and indica has more to do with the growth and flowering habits in many modern strains than the feel of the herb. Sat like ind and ind like sat are well known.

I am aware of a case where cannabis extract was put on caapi and it resulted in a surprisingly visual experience after smoking about 2 joints worth. Far far stronger than cannabis by itself.

interesting. i wonder if that is perhaps why it didn't work (the caapi) i tend to mix most new things with tobacco

I've read time and time again that smoking cigarettes inhibits MAOI.

Caapi leaves can be up to 2% alkaloids, smoking caapi(legal here) is strong in my experience.

Yeah agree Caapi leaves can quite effective when smoked..especially through a double sized spliff mixed with other herbs...I've never heard the tobacco one before though.

I am aware of a case where cannabis extract was put on caapi and it resulted in a surprisingly visual experience after smoking about 2 joints worth. Far far stronger than cannabis by itself.

Are you talking Hash & Cappi....now that is interesting....I'd quite like to try that some day...particularity through a Shisha.

H

Edited by Hunab Ku

I have some B Caapi root and was considering crushing some up, allowing it to dry and giving it a go in a water pipe. Any thought's on a dosage? I would like to follow up shortly after with some HBWR or Rivea seeds. I have had no luck with the rivea seeds on there own even up to 200 seeds. Any thoughts on this.....

Cheers

Hutch