The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Sublime times in NSW

Start of the winter means the sublime shrooms are popping up so show us your finds and get cracking with ya camera's...

best shot of the season gets a free Thai print.

H.

post-4860-1242212147_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212193_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212249_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212287_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212326_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212380_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212464_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1242212496_thumb.jpg

sublime.JPG

twins.JPG

sublime4.JPG

sublime6.JPG

sublime5.JPG

sublime3.JPG

subcolection1.JPG

subcolection2.JPG

sublime.JPG

twins.JPG

sublime4.JPG

sublime6.JPG

sublime5.JPG

sublime3.JPG

subcolection1.JPG

subcolection2.JPG

Edited by Hunab Ku

Hi Hunab!

How is your box of myc doin?? Do you think you will see fruit this season?

cheers,

ED:sweet shots by the way,thats a serious haul!

Edited by Birdman

Weird one though those close-up pics... did you get a print off it? Looks a bit un-sub like in many ways.. It has a cap like another kind of Psilocybe, a viscid cap edge which is strange, a very dark stem, very swirly fibrillose stem.. were they all like that? *strokes beard* innntervestink..

Edited by Undergrounder

yeah...I went right through all of em carefully and they are all subs...there is quite a lot of variation in the one species and quite a few of them are kinda old and drying out and frost bitten...yeah they can look different but are the same if you know what I mean...conditions specific perhaps...yeah that stem only shows up on the camera shot ey but I don't see it in the pile...mind you I didn't pick everything either sometimes i just walk over to another and take another photo...sometimes they look so magnificent and the shape is perfect.

what other type of psilocybe shroom would you consider it to be if not sub..

double post.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Spot the Galerinas!

psilocybesubaeruginosa3.jpg

psilocybesubaeruginosa2.jpg

psilocybesubaeruginosa1.jpg

psilocybesubaeruginosa4.jpg

galerinasp1.jpg

no- 4 is Galerina if I'm not mistaken...they have a veil and subs don't...seen heaps of them fuckers lately...actually is number 2 also a Galerina it's stem looks kinda weird....nice shots Morg...you're a freak with a camera... :wink:

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

I do believe that #'s 1 & 4 are Galerina's And that #'s 2 & 3 & 5 are Subs!

Do I win a prize? :P

Edited by DreamingNagual

Agreed ^^^

Oh and I have suspicions on number 3, would probably leave that little man there.

Edited by MindExpansion

Hunab: The kind of Psilocybe i was thinking of is the one a guy in another forum found growing in a pine forest in Vic. It was unidentified but from the section stuntzii i think... I haven't seen the tiny little nipple cap and strange colours of those mushrooms before when i've seen subs.

MORG: I wouldn't pick any of em!

... or at least i'd print all of them.

Subs do SOMETIMES have a slight ring, it's weird. I've found a couple with rings and i've seen other people find them with rings. In fact the ring on No. 4 does look more purple than orange so maybe that could still be a sub or even Hypholoma..

But anyway I can't see any blueing so i wouldn't say any of them are subs without a print.

Edited by Undergrounder

Yeah nice there is a fair few bigguns in there too I see....now what you do is dry em then take 29 gms of dried ones and make a tea and skull it and hold on.... :lol:

no don't do that please kidding....nice haul though and you lot are saying it's dry down there...same here but there are still fruits hey.

H.

I was a little devious in presenting the photo of Galerinas which made them appear most like Subs. But on this photo of more Galerinas you can see some pretty key differences that were invisible in the first pic. That annulus is the dead giveaway, the brownish-red annulus peaking out from under the cap.

So pic 5 were the Galerinas.

Pics 1, 3 and 4 are subs. The pin in pic 2 could be a sub, but hey, it's a pin so who knows.

So you can see how hard it is to reliably ID anything from photos! Take prints, take prints, take prints.

galerinasp2.jpg

Galerina species.

Edited by MORG

Damn you're a tricky bastid Morg you got us all there....nice work though... it constitutes harm minimisation and gives us more knowledge to spot the differences...I notice they practically can grow side by side each other to which is a real bother ....sly mothers the Galerinas that's for sure.

H.

Yeah nice there is a fair few bigguns in there too I see....now what you do is dry em then take 29 gms of dried ones and make a tea and skull it and hold on....

id rather inject my eye with my own excrement.

thanks for the pics of the galerinas, its great to have such great pics of the look-alikes for ID purposes

Cheers for the pics Morg....

What species of Galerina is it thats is generally found around the subs or is it several?

Also the spore print for a Galerina would be a light brown colour is that right??

Excellent Work there Morg B), I was almost certain I was Correct! :slap:

So it shows right here folks,

How many different opinions & conclusions people can come up with

for the same samples of Fungi.

Its great to be Pulled up every now and then like that "Patricularly at this time of year"

And use it as a reminder to take some time to Re-familiarize yourself with The processes of ID'ing all Fungi you may find, not just Subs & Gallerina's!

A good way to start this, is to find and Identify all the Fungi species within your Property or backyard and then expand eventualy to the whole neighbourhood.

Cheers.

So I saw some sub prints the other day as a test and noticed they are almost jet black... that's the colour sub prints should be yeah.

H.

Hey there HK, What were the prints taken on? Foil, Paper?

Prints that are Thick and drop a lot of spores tend to appear Jet Black when they are actually more of a Very Dark Purple colour.

Hope this helps!

They where sub prints done simply on A4 white printing paper ..it was just a test as paper was used to see the true colour against the white background...most cubes done on foil are super dark purple.

H.

It's Raining Yaaaaaay a hunt will be in order soon! how many days after rain should you wait for maximum potential ? :) 2-3s ?

go now...they are out there and have been for a while...get yourself out in the wild yonder and start hunting.

Subs grow mainly around the mountain areas right? Ive only ever heard of people getting them that close to Sydney...Or am I mistaken??

And WOW, the rain really is coming down, obviously the aftermath of what happened in QLD...

hey eexpee, i havent had alot of luck in the basin.If you make the trip up the mountains

you will certainly see all shapes and sizes and if you know where to look the subs will be waiting.

They dont call them the Blue Mountains for nothin' B)

keep rainin baby!!