The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Sublime times in NSW

I wish I could trust myself enough to go pick some...The only mushi I trust myself picking are amanitas. But good luck to all those looking for subs, one day I'm sure I will properly be able to identify them.

I wish I could trust myself enough to go pick some...The only mushi I trust myself picking are amanitas. But good luck to all those looking for subs, one day I'm sure I will properly be able to identify them.

I'm colourblind which makes things more interesting when picking. I was kind enough to have a friend show me a patch, so I knew what to look for, and it was a matter of watching how they grow, what they seem to grow near(in this case near pines, in grass or on the edge of grass in bark), and when they grow. I've been amazed by the variety of what one species can actually look like but so far so good with the identification. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned smell to aid IDing as well - I couldn't describe it, but the smell is quite distinctive and can help disintinguish between some look-a-likes, at least for this colourblind picker :D

I'm colourblind which makes things more interesting when picking. I was kind enough to have a friend show me a patch, so I knew what to look for, and it was a matter of watching how they grow, what they seem to grow near(in this case near pines, in grass or on the edge of grass in bark), and when they grow. I've been amazed by the variety of what one species can actually look like but so far so good with the identification. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned smell to aid IDing as well - I couldn't describe it, but the smell is quite distinctive and can help disintinguish between some look-a-likes, at least for this colourblind picker :D

From what Ive read, Sub's have the Psilocybe the trademark gold top with cotton white stem, and bruise a distinctive blue/greenish/purple when pressed at stem. Apparently there is no other known mushroom in Aus to do this...

Hey there Tarnicus,

I have mentioned in a couple of previous threads about the Distinct Smell of subs & came up with an answer as to what it was.

Look Here From Post #9 onwards.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...9&hl=Windex

I have yet to find the other thread about this subject, But I am still searching!

Cheers!

:drool2:

post-4860-1244023024_thumb.jpg

anyone know what this guy is...?

post-4860-1244022846_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1244022870_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1244022942_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1244022961_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1244022979_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1244022993_thumb.jpg

post-4860-1244023009_thumb.jpg

subly1.JPG