The Corroboree
paradox

Original Drawing Thread

Heres some older paintings of mine - mainly done for experimentation.

RIMG0011-Copyaasmall.jpg

RIMG0005copycropped.jpg

DSC06258.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, those are amazing, Matriarch! Black matt paper is a very interesting medium to work with isn't it?

You've inspired me to upload some doodles I've done over the last couple of weekends. I'm not much shake with colours...

th_Scan-1.png th_elephant.png

th_hippo.png th_thing1.png

th_thing2.png th_walrus.png

Edited by FancyPants
  • Like 2

post-4860-12786790157_thumb.jpg

done one summers day, whilst watching my beautiful daughter playing on the jungle gym at the local park.

IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

• Like 2

There are some really cool drawings in this thread! I will definitely be back for a closer look, and for now I thought I would post this drawing my wife found the other day, which I drew as a teenager 17 years ago! Not original, obviously I copied this from a magazine or a book, but its one of the few drawings have here...

post-1250-126809062658_thumb.jpg

I might try and find some more recent *original* ones, or maybe be a real radical and actually put pencil to paper!

*shocked silence*

yeah, how fucking dada would that be?!

Love this! I love the cure! I started a drawing of Robert also, but tossed it.

here is something i drew while peaking on LSD and coming down ( i had a sudden urge to draw).

there is more detail IRL but my phone doesn't justify it.

I also remember that every line had its on meaning and by the end of the peak i couldn't tell what i did draw and what where just hallucinations because the lines i drew were just flowing like seaweed in water

post-7855-128308497987_thumb.jpg

post-7855-128308503048_thumb.jpg

post-7855-128308506161_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting stuff ethen, thanks for sharing. I would love to see a better pic of it though ;)

Finally got around to uploading a few doodles I've been doing lately. I can't seem to shake doing either sketch real life or coloured patterns, nor can I mix them up sad.gif The pattern-y ones are never perfect because I don't like using a ruler; I prefer a more natural "organic" (god what a wanky word) look...

OK apparently I can only post a few pics at a time so I'll split the post up.

th_Scan28.jpg th_Scan26.jpg th_Scan25.jpg

th_Scan23.jpg th_Scan22.jpg th_Scan21.jpg

• Like 4

th_Scan19.jpg th_Scan17.jpg th_Scan16.jpg

th_Scan15.jpg th_Scan13.jpg th_Scan12.jpg

• Like 5

th_Scan11.jpg th_Scan10.jpg th_Scan8.jpg

th_Scan6.jpg th_Scan5.jpg th_Scan4.jpg

th_aliensuncity-1.jpg

• Like 3

they look pretty straight though. damn, you cold as ice, you cyborg geometer!

i like the dragon, and the patterns. you know, i bet you could use software to mirror one quadrant or section, meaning you could produce several times as many. it wouldn't be very organic though.

edit: i like yours too, ethen!!!!! at first i thought 'sure they were drawn on lsd, but they don't LOOK like lsd to me', but they do in a way. not precisely, and mainly in the first picture. how the hell to describe? the closely packed lines, like many dimensions packed side by side, or a series of stills displaying the image of linear moments, or maybe embossment of layers of veneers..... it actually reminds me of a barely visible, crystalline kind of open-eye matrix that tends to accompany me through many components of an acid trip and changes as the location of my eyes (or direction of peering) changes. hmmmm. i'm incredibly dissatisfied with that description but it will have to do, maybe somebody will relate.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 3

crystalline kind of open-eye matrix that tends to accompany me through many components of an acid trip and changes as the location of my eyes (or direction of peering) changes. hmmmm. i'm incredibly dissatisfied with that description but it will have to do, maybe somebody will relate.

I can relate! I could never put that into words, I think you did well! :)

i don't think use of the word matrix was justified.

anyway, glad somebody got it. like an almost completely transparent set of hyper-surfaces that you might say was crowding the room, if not for the fact that they are visually subtle, gossamer, and exist in deeper space moreso than the space of the room.

a bit of an acid staple for me. not a head-splitting property of acid but i guess forms part of the substrate for head-splitting.

Thats very Fancy Panties. The circles/patterns look like Mandalas. I seem to be surrounded by skilled people. I am yet to find mine. I have added a link of Mandalas that can be printed off and colored in , when in the mood newimprovedwinkonclear.gif .

http://www.free-printable-mandala-coloring-pages.com/free-mandalas-to-color.shtml

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 2

Thanks Amazonian :) I just needed the right media and chems to get the patterns flowing. Thanks for the links too, I tried looking for colouring in mandalas a while ago but couldn't find any but the ones you linked to are awesome!

they look pretty straight though. damn, you cold as ice, you cyborg geometer!

i like the dragon, and the patterns. you know, i bet you could use software to mirror one quadrant or section, meaning you could produce several times as many. it wouldn't be very organic though.

I hadn't thought of doing that! But I need a decent software programme like Photoshop which I don't have to do that. I can always just use the corner of a sheet of paper and scan and diddle... Lot of effort for a lazy bugger like me though lol

Fricken Awesome! You should try to get a scan of these. Loving the whole interference melting thing! And the abstractness.

Fancy, those shapes look really familiar, nicely done!

can you show us a larger image?

Bah, sorry!

The link was to a large image, I don't know why it was scaled down so much...

Here's a decent size...

arty1.jpg

Edited by Laserteeth

^ Wow, lots going on in that drawing . Really really Awesome.

Ha! Those are sick, laserteeth!

And Ethan damnit I meant to say before I really love your style; it really has a natural (like the ring/grains in trees/timber) feel I try to but so far yet can't apply.

just something i whipped together, nowhere near done

post-7855-0-70777800-1294213513_thumb.jp

Edit; didn't notice your comment fancypants, thanks for the kind words

post-7855-0-70777800-1294213513_thumb.jpg

post-7855-0-70777800-1294213513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ethen
  • Like 2

Very very interesting work done by all. Really like laserteeths ethens and fancy pants. Go the hippo, that one rocks

A few more...

Awsome ! very acidic .