The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Amanita Muscaria preparations

i thought you may find this of interest

last season i picked several large amanitas from a few local forests where i had found literally thousands of them

i dried them after mulling the caps up and discarded the stem which from my research i beleive is useless

i have smoked the dried cap on several occasions and on every time have almost instanstly felt massive lethargy and ended up having an intense deep sleep with bizarre dreams!

this has even been the case when i've had something that stimulates the brain/body like cid yet smoking even one or two cones through a bong has basically knocked me into a deep sleep

im not complaining.... the first time i did as i wanted to stay awake but ive smoked it before as a method to relax myself when i couldnt sleep and its helped...

interesting treatment for insomnia!

any thoughts?

have found it nice but too mild smoking it......obviously affects you differently......lucky you!

t s t .

Ill have to get on to my m8 in Adelaide he came across some A Muscaria 2 or 3 weeks ago ill see if he can get me a few next time he is out hunting, A good night sleep is something i dont get often

Normal dosages of prescribed meds for insomnia dont work for me? , im willing to see if it helps with long term chronic insomnia

!! I aint ever taking stillnox ever again Now that's some weird shit !!

Edited by mac

Mac. have you read about sedative Salvias, like S.coccinea? And yeah, you might wanna give amanitas a try, smoked or eaten, way less than 3 gr dried, maybe 1..

Mac. have you read about sedative Salvias, like S.coccinea? And yeah, you might wanna give amanitas a try, smoked or eaten, way less than 3 gr dried, maybe 1..

Yes i have a S.coccinea & a few other species. Insomnia is what brought me to sab lol

speaking of salvia ill give this thread a bump as it was from a nursery labled only as Perennial Salvia, i bought it because of the other species inflorescence it resembles

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=21558

Edited by mac

really? i thought excessive high temperatures would convert the ibotenic acid to and then muscimol and then destroy it. Isnt not enough heat more of a problem?

still u have to make sure u have not drunken any carbonated water or any carbonated liquies prior or after eating the amanitas as it is said the muscimol can turn back into ibotenic acid

a story that might be worth follow up.....

fly picked different area of same forest at same time of year as previous year.

previous oven dried at 100degrees with door usually open.....mild effect

this year ,oven dried at 150degrees with door more closed.last bit finished in dehydrator.

much darker colour when dried.pleasant strong flavour,very salty.previous not really salty at all.

seems much stronger but only small ants tested apparently.

so a higher temp might be the go......

t s t .

tst, I would like it better if your friends first made up his mind and then tell us....

plus what is it we are trying to solve here?

quick dehydrating and sun exposing or sun exposing or intense drying [burning] like what you suggest, whatever: It will all conclude to the same thing, especially if you consider the last preparation which is the tea [boiling the material in the pot or bringing to boil and put the material in to sit at least 10 mins]

Amanitas always have proven their varied potency and that its not material for the hasty.

pick a lot, homogenise, learn it slowly. only then you will be able to make a standardised material from each years batch with which you can work.

I hope I don't sound like a bitch

no,fair enough.....just sharing a report of someone using higher temp than previous and getting a quite different product......the temp q being a theme of this thread......boiling point of water 100degrees C......oven temp was 150....

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

150 sounds too much if it's C... even 100 is too much... I can even pick the burning smell... depends on how much the door was open as well as the oven itself I guess... I do it at 50-60 but also sun-expose.

I got a batch of badly dried / burnt amanitas. I might give them a try to see if they are considerably more potent or something.... they're legal where I am at, thankfully...

let us know if your friend has any more experience with the 'burnt' material

The agaric has always been close to my heart. My screen name actually comes from ingesting waaay too many amanitas.

Just before i joined up here i had ordered a bag of powdered amanitas from someone here. I had asked for enought for 2 people to have a good time and then paid my cash. Being an excellent trader the guy i had ordered them from had given me enought for 7 people to thoroughly enjoy themselves, but without telling me.

We got so wasted. Not in a messy sense though. Walking was a little difficult but we weren't doing much of that as we were completely content just sitting. My mind felt like it had been completely emptied of thoughts, i remember thinking that this is what it must be like to be an animal, just living in each moment without regard for the past or future. We sat all night having the one conversation. Not that we were talking thatmuch. I would say something, then my friend would respond an hour later. Because we weren't thinking we could remeber what each other had said an hour ago. If you had taped it and edited out all the gaps it would have been a fluid, normal conversation. We weren't talking about anything of a spiritual or mind blowing nature, it was not like we needed to take in the info, think and then respond. I actually remember talking about having sex with jennifer lopez and mya ie typical 15y/o male conversation. Afer chating all night with my best friend we decided to go to bed. I got into my VERY cosy sleeping bag and that is when the first and only hallucination from amanitas occured to me. A smiling cloud floated out of the sky and kissed me on the cheek goodnight. remembering it brings a gentle smile to my face. A few weeks later i joined up here. I find it peculiar that other peope talk of hallucinations from these mushrooms. I certainly find them to enhance the envirnoment, but not in a hallucinogenic way. Watching fireflies was intersting that night though. I have found them to bring about a deep contentment and serenity, kind of like opiates but without the intense euphoria.

After that night i experimented with amanita quite a bit as they were way cheaper then anything else i could get at the time and they worked. I tried smoking them and found it to feel sort of like mj. I always got mine dried, whole and powdered, so prep may be a little different to someone who is picking them fresh... For smoking i used to scrape the red layer from the top of the shroom and put it into a pile. I would then put this into a waterpipe and smoke it. I can't remember why i used the red bit, i probably read about it somewhere. I found the smoke VERY thick with an almost damp feel to it. THe effect is like oral mushrooms but it comes on slightly quicker, doesn't last as long, but dosage is way less. I didn't particularily enjoy smoking them as my lungs would feel full of gunk after achieving the desired effect, so i mostly ate them. ONce i tried smoking some peganum with amanita, i would not recommend this. It made the sweats and salivation soo much worse (and obvious, i'd read about it but never noticed this effect before) without actually making the effect that much stronger. I felt the peganum added an edge to the amanita which was not entirely pleasant, far nicer by themselves imho.

Amanitas properly prepared are a beautiful and CHEAP experience, I used to pay 50c a gram but always got extra. UNfortunately when they became illegal my supplier stopped selling them so i stopped eating them. But before that i would eat them all the time. I would eat small one in the morning to add a nice shine to the day. The small ones were better than the same amount of the big ones, i don't know why. It seemed the small ones weren't as sleeepy.

I'm quite surprised that there isn't more interest in these as once you get passed the taste they are extremely pleasurable. I am surprised so many people believe that they are hallucinogenic as i have not really experinced this (beside seeing a smiling cloud drop out of the sky and kiss me on the cheek of course :P ). I would say that they are more like opiates or even the chill effect of e, or so i can gather from nthe way people decribe those effects.

If you can get properly prepared amanitas i highly recommend them. THe onese i were getting were aussie ones so don't believe the myths, they worked great. In fact i had some imported ones and they weren't as good, but they looked old and crappy...

I wish they were still legal here as i would go eat some now.

Hmm..

foaf found the same thing with higher drying temp. Half the batch was blended before oven drying which produced a very thick, salty 'leather'. Far tastier for soups..

the rest was dried till crumbly (takes many hours) and was far tastier as it became somewhat 'roasted'.

He now knows the effects are VERY different from pine amanitas, then from oak.

Cheesy egg omellete, really is the yummiest way to get a whole lot of amanita into you. Thoroughly worthwhile.

Edited by G*P

Been meaning to post for some time now, lol...

anyway...

here are some nice photos.

mixed fir+chestnut, 1000~1200+ m altitude

PA120024.jpg

PA120029.jpg

PA120048.jpg

PA120045.jpg

I remember all those years ago,noone raves about Fly Agaric as it's not deemed sexy enough.

Not sexy at all,shame really.

I beleive the amanitas were actually prepared with the deers milk - simmered, the shaman drank the milk and yes the village idiots drank the shamans piss. The deer was revered only because it ate the food of the Gods.

Now, Can anyone tell me where to get this food of the Gods,? It doesn't seem to grow in the warmer climates?

DW

Soma fruit of the mountains.

After the applications of the times have been instilled and the season for graces sweet purge has completed,

all traces of life have left the air, a frozen silence overtaken,

consumed grounds of a delightful time spring forth in all their glory,

a bloody earth giving birth to the souls of those with more to know, that which was lost can be again...that i know for sure.

a doublet pair of divine minds, embracing the thatching of their lives, priests of that which delivers all men to their rightful thrones, the judgement of the young and old, bring secrets of a nourished blood, brimming with such concentration as the passing of days leeches from the bones of the frail...

In cloaks of likewise hues, the creation is spawned, to find the delight of ages past, and fill the weave with boon,

an emptiness of all that is, will find the lovers home, the freedom found in all that's wanting delivers such a crown.

With kindled fires strewn around in circles of renown, a lone pine tree is to be grown, with utmost care and strong willed purpose the silver cord is broken, a simple cup free of that which is pale and ingrown, placed upon the lone pine tree, will find its tougher bone, for days and nights it waits alight to purify its sound, a sickly few will find the truth and never shall return...

a basket filled with bloody saucers is that which you can own, to reveal the truth of life immortal and witness all i've sown...to those Great Gods of celestial renown, someone must bow down.

To ask for treasures and endless pleasures and to find them along the way, simple prayers and whispered moments shall never go astray...

With purest cloth of woolen felt, in a vessel of lament, place the flesh of Gods and nectar of the beast. With violent assault to press the worth of that great amber leech, a liquid fit for Kings is drawn, a mighty flavor found.

A day of hearkening to the wind and signals to the folks, gathered round in warming blessed embrace, the few who live, they live for sure, and they truly know such grace...to you i give such a store, in hope that i may find, the delights within my sights and mind, of that i know for sure.

Blessings.

Nice comments Smiling cloud, nice report.

In regards with muscarias being psychedelic, in the appropriate dose they do cause dissociation thus can trigger 'psychedelic exeperiences' of dissociative nature...

The taste can be even unpleasant I admit due to last experiments if the tea is too condensed, so it's cool to put something for flavour when it's very condensed liquid. Last time, recently I put cinnamon and some honey in the tea and it totally ruled !

Hmm..

foaf found the same thing with higher drying temp. Half the batch was blended before oven drying which produced a very thick, salty 'leather'. Far tastier for soups..

the rest was dried till crumbly (takes many hours) and was far tastier as it became somewhat 'roasted'.

He now knows the effects are VERY different from pine amanitas, then from oak.

Cheesy egg omellete, really is the yummiest way to get a whole lot of amanita into you. Thoroughly worthwhile.

I'm curious, purely from a scientific perspective... how do pine flies differ from oak flies?

I'm curious, purely from a scientific perspective... how do pine flies differ from oak flies?

indeed, I think I have read such reports from us pickers too

I found the following interesting:

"Do not consume any carbonated beverage, (beer, soda, etc.) before or after consuming the dried Amanita Muscaria. It appears that Muscimol can be reconverted into Ibotenic Acid in the presence of carbonated water. This reverses the effects of drying where Ibotenic Acid loses CO2 and becomes Muscimol. The resulting effect being similar to fresh Amanita Muscaria ingestion nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, stupor, coma like sleep, excess salivation and no hallucinogenic effect!"

Yep no beers with this one.

Haven't completely read the whole thread yet,but 60' for about 3-4 hrs,caps up spray with vinegar during the process to help decarboxylation,let reslultant liquid soak back into the cap and air dry in the dark.

Store in jars.

These be the ones handed out at a bush bash a few years ago with good reviews.

Not sure who prepared them :rolleyes:

There's the bloody jerky recipe!

Happy?

:PB)