The Corroboree
Torsten

New PM restrictions and member group

hmm i really need to be approved for three posts immediately but have no time right now to contribute so i apologize for this one :s

Fractal:

Once these new members have 10 posts under their belt then can then start using the PM system and everything goes back to normal.

3 or 10? Seems to be different, think it's 10, go for a few more!! Should work on it's own at 10. Good luck with it.

Edited by Alchemica

Open

sesame

Another newbie here :)

And again. Back to learning about these beautiful plants... :)

the p.m. sending delay timer is frustrating

Edited by inpsyght

i find that really hard to believe. on the couple [literally] of occasions where I encountered it I just went and read a post then came back and was ready to go again. it has stopped PM spam though.....

You know we still get spam here from time to time but have never see it at say the nook, is there some sort of security protocol they use that could also be used here ...just thinkin aloud cause it's late and things are glowing and pulsing at me, these coloured orbs asked me to ask is all.

the p.m. sending delay timer is frustrating

Ya seriously! It's pretty annoying!

Torsten I got your PM but for some reason I can't reply!

It's this new forum set-up!

Ahhh!

OK so I am a lurker, (I read a lot on this forum but am a newb so prefer to keep my unedumacated opinions to myself) but I wanna be able to PM if necessary so...

me too :P

this thread was provided for existing members to catch up on their post count so that they get their PM's back. I think that has been achieved.

it was not meant for new members to immediately jump to the full membership of 3 posts.

I have enabled 1 single PM topic per 24h period for noobs ['member'. this will provide essential services to noobs until they have 3 posts and are promoted to 'member2'.

I have also removed the delay for PMs.