Torsten

New PM restrictions and member group

I just want to access my inbox.

Edited by zazen

/\ fnarr fnarr

so if I post I get my PM's back?

yep

Edited by entheofarm

good to see you back here,no one!hope things are going better for you .....

t s t .

I agree the idea behind the 5 min between PM is sound, but it makes it very hard when making 20+ PM's in one session, thats waiting nearly two hours just to get things done.... In the future can members that need to reply to mass PM have special privilages, if only for a small amount of time.

b

Sorry if this has been answered:

does this mean PMs I sent after this started and before I made a post would not have gone through? Would it act like it had sent them or would it notify in some way?

Hey, No One! Bizarre, I just wrote about you in a post a few minutes ago, saying it would be cool if you started posting again, now we just need to unearth Xipe and WS

godamn confusin pm setup

almost finished responding to pms damnit

*SPAM*

I've been bad, haven't visited since Feb. Been SO busy with work and kids and stuff...hopefully this one post will allow me to PM again...I only read T's first post in this topic though so hope nothing has changed since.

In trying to figure out why my PMs were broken I saw an ancient post by T saying no TOR or else...? Is that still applicable? I'm sure there has been discussion which implied that it was OK (just painful...).

I hope all is well and the government haven't taken away too many more freedoms in my absence.

TOR is OK unless there is reason for me to suspect you might be someone who is either banned or trolling under a different alias [ie by the nature of your posts and behaviour]. IP is the only way I can be sure, so by obscuring IP via TOR it makes it impossible for me to stop trolls playing games. The onus is thus on the member to clarify the situation.

This has only arisen in one instance so far and was quickly sorted out, so it's really not a major thing to worry about.

sigh, It's still a drag to wait so many minutes between PM's. This has probably been discussed, but couldn't there be a 2-tier system to this whole thing?

ie members with >1000 posts or something? - would also be jingoistic in its way.

yes, I will do a 3 tier system. but just hang on until we've upgraded. I know I've been promising the upgrade for a few weeks, but I can really only do it if I have nothing else to do for a couple of days - in case things go wrong.

OK so I am a lurker, (I read a lot on this forum but am a newb so prefer to keep my unedumacated opinions to myself) but I wanna be able to PM if necessary so...

2 ........ ... .....

and 3......

Mornin' :lol:

sigh, It's still a drag to wait so many minutes between PM's. This has probably been discussed, but couldn't there be a 2-tier system to this whole thing?

ie members with >1000 posts or something? - would also be jingoistic in its way.

Perhaps members with >100 posts would be adequate? not many of us have >1000 posts, and the last thing we want to see is a flood of poor quality posts so that so-and-so can increase their post count to qualify.

Well the wind has died down and the sun is shining.......and I'm up! :o

Something must have been changed in the Matrix :wink:

Oh and T and haven't been naughty at all.......well I haven't been caught anyway lol