The Corroboree
Torsten

New PM restrictions and member group

BOO!

:devil:

Actually i was already Re-activated! I just like saying the word PENIS :devil:

To prevent spam abuse of the PM system I've had to make a few changes. These should have minimal impact on everyone, but I figure I better explain them here to prevent frantic emails and pms.

When a new member is validated he goes into the group "members". In this group he can't use PMs! At this point members of this group can post freely, but if we find that spammers get around this restriction I will set it so that all posts have to be approved by a moderator first.

Members of this group also can't use the email function.

Once these new members have 10 posts under their belt then can then start using the PM system and everything goes back to normal.

Just two exceptions are that I have disabled the mass PM function and have increased the minimum time between PMs to 5 minutes.

Now to the confusing bit. All of you are currently in the restricted members group [Members]. You don't advance to the full members group [Members2] until you make your next post. ie, if you haven't made a post since thursday afternoon then you will not be able to use your PM system till you make the next post. Feel free to spam this thread with 'activation' posts if you urgently need to use the PM system and can't think of anything else to post.

I hope this will keep the PM spammers at bay for a little while although i presume it will probably increase forum spam in the interim.

zoinks

Good thing I read this.....

oh, thats what happened.

ignore my email then torsten

Ah! I'm ofay with that! :-)

Hi Everybody! Hope you have a safe and happy easter weekend!

oh, thats what happened.

ignore my email then torsten

Actually you are not the only one. I am amazed/appalled how many people think I am their personal problem solver rather than them having a look at the site forum first :slap:

Actually you are not the only one. I am amazed/appalled how many people think I am their personal problem solver rather than them having a look at the site forum first :slap:

Hey Tort,

I often wake up at night with my left foot feeling a bit itchy and my right foot not itchy enough.

What should I do?

Hey Tort,

I often wake up at night with my left foot feeling a bit itchy and my right foot not itchy enough.

What should I do?

Stick your right foot into a warm moist orifice for an hour and see if that fixes it :bootyshake:

Ok thanks Tort, I will do exactly as you say and get back to you tomorrow for further instructions.

LOL, I see you changed the location in your profile accordinly :lol:

further instructions? maybe wash..... :rolleyes:

Pumpkin.

squirzzle plum :lol:

HAH...this thread brings out all the lurkers..!!