The Corroboree
kindness

the subs are back

They're back again yay! Pictures to follow some time in the next few days.

peace all

go past the big dead tree in the middle of the paddock, etc etc

Got a rough location (like Melb/Syd/Central NSW/etc) to give us a bit of an idea where they are at this stage?

Sorry to be so vague on locations...

1000mtrs - great dividing range. I'm sure oberon etc would be a fungal wonderland atm.

I haven't been up yet myself but the report was "they are everywhere" - I'm very excited, just have to get these next two bloody assignments done for uni by Thursday and I'm going camping :)

peace

Sorry to be so vague on locations...

1000mtrs - great dividing range. I'm sure oberon etc would be a fungal wonderland atm.

I haven't been up yet myself but the report was "they are everywhere" - I'm very excited, just have to get these next two bloody assignments done for uni by Thursday and I'm going camping :)

peace

spent eight hours searching hamdon @ obes. Fungal wonderland,even sponges,the edibles are being picked(milk caps etc)

after easily spending 7+ years knowing the area very well enduro bike riding..@ hunting, still yet to find my patch.

:unsure:

A bit early isn't it?

Admittedly it has been very wet and we have had the requisite cold-snap but all the places I like to take photos don't even look close to ready...

Last year NSW beat VIC to the punch by almost a month I think, thanks to the dryness down there.

A bit early isn't it?

Thats what im hoping on mate.Understanding microclimates could

produce the right conditions though whislt up therr even though it

was raining and cold,cert not obe's cold.

Its cold enough here now at least at that altitude and we've had a really decent rain or two. Hence they're back. Not down on the coast yet... just in the ranges, in euc forest too not pine.

anyhoo... get rain dancing, spesh with the fullmoon coming on. I reckon it pulls them out of the ground quicker, having such a high water content. Can't wait to get some pictures

Its cold enough here now at least at that altitude and we've had a really decent rain or two. Hence they're back. Not down on the coast yet... just in the ranges, in euc forest too not pine.

I woke this morning at 4:30 thinkin i got abso nuthin on today..thats it,i must go back

for another hunt! It had been about a week and i looking in a complete diff area to last

week,deeeeep ferny gullies and grass with a little pine mixed in. I wish you guys knew how

stoked i am as this is my first susscesful mission after years, i tells ya :wub:B) . got some great Myc samples

which was all i really wanted in the first place,box is hopefully colonising as we speak.

The amount of mushrooms (of all varieties) was astonishing..literally like weeds on the ground!

They were not the biggest of specimens but not tiny either..all found growing solitary and

ALWAYS alongside gallerinas!! Teyre back but always be safe guys.

So its ok "legally" to take a print while your there for Microscopy & identification purposes when you get home ?

So its ok "legally" to take a print while your there for Microscopy & identification purposes when you get home ?

I'm not up on the whole 'microscopy purposes' thing but technically if you are out there printing a sub, you would be in possession of a schedule 1 substance, since the mushroom would have to be under your control for you to be able to take a print in the first place. Whether or not that would be enforced i don't know, but i wouldn't risk it.

generally the police force has more pressing things to do than either looking for people in wet leach infested pine forests or arguing the toss over whether you're taking a spore print I'd reckon. Not that many people take them or know what they are... when I used to, (can't anymore - health problems) it was very few of the mainstream that knew they even grew anywhere but up north in paddocks.

send out some good vibes when you get to the forest, maybe pick up some trash or leave something that you really value there as a gift back you know, a hard thing to do but think of what it's giving you.

nehow, they ain't called magic for nothing I reckon

peace all

mz

Congrats birdman, got any pics?

Aw ta unders! You dont know how i wish i had a camera,was even gonna buy a disposable

from the servo but totally forgot.Got a birthday coming up,its 1st on the list

generally the police force has more pressing things to do than either looking for people in wet leach infested pine forests or arguing the toss over whether you're taking a spore print I'd reckon. Not that many people take them or know what they are... when I used to, (can't anymore - health problems) it was very few of the mainstream that knew they even grew anywhere but up north in paddocks.

generally yes, realistically no.

The police have and do bust people for picking, particularly in particular areas.

Hahaha, ca'nt believe I'm the first

post-2263-1239328891_thumb.jpg

Pics or it did'nt happen :P

& they're azurescens aswell lol

Growing on mixed eucy & pine chips, so it can be done.

Also found a lone subbalteatus 2 days before :)

Edited by shruman

Went for a great walk today with my son, took a camera and am still trying to work out the macro features.. For the most part we were jumping around on rocks so not looking for photography subjects during that time tho there were many around. Looks to me like there was the first flush about two weeks ago. Such a beautiful spot to walk around... newhow

My boy fell asleep on my back and I got to take a few snaps these are all in eucalypt forest:

Large still quite fresh

post-3725-1239365195_thumb.jpg

drying as it opens, youngen

post-3725-1239365234_thumb.jpg

Quite a few little freshies around, another few days... please please more rain!!

post-3725-1239365272_thumb.jpg

classic :)

post-3725-1239365299_thumb.jpg

two weeks old maybe? week and a half?

post-3725-1239365334_thumb.jpg

nice day :)

peace

Nice one guys..

Hey shruman, my laptop's screen is absolute dogshite for seeing colour, so it might just be my screen, but is there blueing in your mushrooms?

They look more like Strophs to me than subs, and azures shouldn't be growing in Australia unless you have yourself your own introduced cultivated patch or something...

I tend to trust him on his ID :wink: Even heard of subs being found in N.Am. Wow, how'd those get there?! :P

posting rule #1......

Hahaha, ca'nt believe I'm the first

Pics or it did'nt happen :P

& they're azurescens aswell lol

Growing on mixed eucy & pine chips, so it can be done.

Also found a lone subbalteatus 2 days before :)

You're the first with Azures.. Cutlivated patch, right? Well done. I'm also jealous of that subbalteatus

though unless they were earlier than 5th April, i'm afraid they weren't the earliest found. However, looking at the size.. i'd guess they were the earliest to have fruited.

Ah well, no trophies are there ? lol

(posted in 'the rains are here' )

.. some early fruiting subs

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1884/picture112b.jpg

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/507/picture113a.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3683/picture114s.jpg

Edited by G*P

Hey Meanies the Macro features are the best to use for mycology shots..usually normal Macro mode is from around 30cm down to 15cm away from object it works best...and Supermacro...my fav...is from 15cm to within 5mm of object...the only problem with Macro is you need a shit steady hand or better still get yourself a plastic expandable tripod and use that..they are awesome and really necessary for those super clear close ups. Plastic ones are lighter too so its not such a chore to lug around the bush.

happy snapping.

Aarghh good one GP'a you beat me too it lol, musta missed that thread.

Apparently those were cultivated so foaf says.

No trophies but if you like chuck us ur addy GP'a & I'll throw you some goodies for the effort.

You want blue UG?

post-2263-1239431470_thumb.jpg

Blue enough?

They do'nt blue like cubes do, they had little bits of blue before picked but took a good while to bruise blue or so I'm told. Foaf said one 2g shroom was very potent with their own little nuance, not to be trifled with.

Nice pics meanies, sounds like we got a lot in common :)

ta shruman an hunab,

will have a look around for a cheap tripod for next photography mission, after rain, if it happens. A booming great storm got us out of the forest yesterday but I doubt it even dropped much rain, all bark no bite! At least down this way.

Each year I go visiting spots it never fails to amaze me the connection I feel. Random coincidence sort of stuff, definately something whispering in my ear hey. Felt better than I have in ages yesterday driving home. Absolutely beautiful.

granite country

post-3725-1239433619_thumb.jpg

picture from top

post-3725-1239433677_thumb.jpg

no wonder my super macro shots always come out shakey hunab, my hand isn't that steady... so it's either a tripod or I carry a rock with me to sit the cam on while I walk around lol

peace all

mz

Hi kids,

You've all had me drooling and excited because of this thread. So this morning I went to where I like to take my photos, but the ground was still clearly far too dry to support subs.

Lots of encouraging fungal life around, no indicator species yet. I usually have a very vivid dream the night before the patches hit, am happy to wait for that :)

I did manage to find these, which I have dubbed Dinnerplatus maximus! :lol::o :o

post-861-1239434752_thumb.jpgpost-861-1239434805_thumb.jpg

Looks like I will be moving to Melbs right on time.

EDIT: I like to use a well positioned paper cup as a make-shift tripod on super-macro.

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

Edited by apothecary