The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
naja naja

Sum just sittin around

Done on the 4/07

Edited by naja naja

The pere has even re-rooted. So I rekon u could just repot them and continue growing on pere rootstock if one was lazy, like I am. I was gona donate them to EGA raffle, but since they really need regrafting. Was gona regraft sum others I have for ega raffle and prolly sell these ones off to buy sumthing else for the raffle that isn't living.

Peace

See

Edited by naja naja

Hole crap, they did that much growth in two years?!!!

I deeply applaude you naja, you and your awesome living straws!

Thanks for posting that up naja naja, I didn't realise just how quick they grew when grafted.

heheheh how very frustrating to see em flowering over and over and Im still waiting on 5 yr old 4.5cm to show me any signs of flowering...on roots and has never ever wanted to flower...those are cool looking and its amazing what goes on in such simplistic ways without us hardly ever noticing.

Nice specimens Naja :) So would the hydro option be suitable for a permanent method of growing peres grafts, do you think? Probably not due to requirements to change water, difficulty feeding, etc, I suppose? They certainly seem happy enough at the moment!

I rekon with a simple recirculating hydro system, rooting the pere's in perlite would work well. just have to find right nutrient level. Although, u will notice it dropped all of the leaves that used to be on the pere's, but I rekon that was cause they were submerged.

Peace

degrafted lophs ahve grown well in hydro set ups, leaving a bit of the pere as a straw, keep loph dry