The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Caapi Kyle Thinks Growing Botanicals is Easy!

Caapi Kyle says growing plants is "easy"!

:o

He says all you gotta do is "watch" Peyote and that it's EASY!

:slap:

Welcome to the Corroboree Caapi Kyle!

This is my thread were I will post the silly things my friends say and let you rag on them for it!

Edited by Teotz'

Caapi Kyle says growing plants is "easy"!

:o

He says all you gotta do is "watch" Peyote and that it's EASY!

:slap:

Welcome to the Corroboree Caapi Kyle!

This is my thread were I will post the silly things my friends say and let you rag on them for it!

haha that was taken out of context! growing plants isnt 'easy' per say, but takes less time than doing what brandon does ( though i agree he spends way too much time doing it ) and watching peyote isnt all u do, they do require a good deal of time, love, and care. compared to many south american species growing loph's is cake though

South American species meaning like.... Caapi and stuff? Or do you mean Trichocereus cacti?

This is for both you and Brandon by the way... not just you.

They were saying all botanicals are easy to grow... I told them I'd like to see them germanitate some Iboga seeds... or maybe some Pedicularis seeds.

Theres also all the stuff you have to learn... like HOW to take care of the plants.

but takes less time than doing what brandon does

B-man is a video game freak. So what Caapi Kyle is saying here... is that playing video games is harder than growing Iboga, Diplopterys, Peyote and growing botanicals in general. I'm inclined to say thats a load of horse shit... your Xbox isn't going to die if you don't take care of it for 2 weeks (2 days in the case of some plants).

Flame away.

Edited by Teotz'

Growing most plants is easy, once you dispose of the cookie cutter plant myths/dogmas amassed since childhood.

Welcome back Kyle

Damn it Auxin!

:)

It IS easy in some ways... but really hard in others. Ya gotta find somebody to watch your botanicals if you go on vacation. Ya gotta mist the freaking Salvia at least everyday. Ya gotta make compost and build raised beds and till the soil! Plus you have to LEARN... theres alot of education before it becomes "easy"... maybe thats what this meant-

once you dispose of the cookie cutter plant myths/dogmas amassed since childhood.
Edited by Teotz'

Damn it Auxin!

It IS easy in some ways... but really hard in others. Ya gotta find somebody to watch your botanicals if you go on vacation. Ya gotta mist the freaking Salvia at least everyday. Ya gotta make compost and build raised beds and till the soil! Plus you have to LEARN... theres alot of education before it becomes "easy"... maybe thats what this meant-

I never argued that iboga, caapi, and pedi... were next to impossible to grow. but cacti and succulents are very simple to grow and care for. given u cant just leave them in the back yard and forget about them, they require only a few hours of care each week to maintain, compared to brandon's 12 hour a day obsession

I never argued that iboga, caapi, and pedi... were next to impossible to grow. but cacti and succulents are very simple to grow and care for. given u cant just leave them in the back yard and forget about them, they require only a few hours of care each week to maintain, compared to brandon's 12 hour a day obsession

also growing plants and spoiling your plants rotten are two different things lol.

I never argued that iboga, caapi, and pedi... were next to impossible to grow. but cacti and succulents are very simple to grow and care for

Do I grow only cacti and succulents? No. I grow EVERYTHING!

The combination of jungle plants and cacti makes it even harder!!!

compared to brandon's 12 hour a day obsession

And we get back to the "whatever you passionate about" thing... were if you fully devote yourself to something it can become harder. Think of the difference between having 1 cacti and 100,000 cacti.

also growing plants and spoiling your plants rotten are two different things lol.

Haha, I try!

Another thing Caapi Kyle.... some of the my projects will take 50+ years to complete!!! Such as the "Finding the Lost Peyotes" project.

I grow EVERYTHING!

Invasion%20of%20the%20Pod%20People.jpg

I don't get it...

It depends on where you live, but I agree wih Caapi Kyle.. it IS easy!

All you need to do is listen to your plants. On saying that, some plants (like Iboga) can speak very softly, so hearing them is sometimes difficult.

depends on the plant.

some are difficult because it can be hard to provide the conditions they require, if you meet those conditions tho, then they are pretty easy.

what kind of video games are hard? tetris on level 11?

Chess against decent AI?

Most of them are little more than timing. plant chores can be much more challenging than video games and much better for you. You still get hand eye coordination and you get a workout for your whole body, not just the parts connected to your thumbs/hands.

I love video games but I am a total nerd.

Proper gardenig within a style is more like a trade or skill,

To master it ( the style) one needs to fuck a few things up, near kill a few plants to see what went wromg , learn from the masters. You must live through at least 3years with your style ( 3 x 4! thats actually 12 seasons) see a few wierd weather patterns.

Now heres the catch, if you speacialize in one area or style ( two or three maybe) you can focus more attention on this particular style - become a bit more specialized.

I have foung that swapping from my shade house giving it to much attention all the time , i let to many weeds get too big outside, like wise planting vegies all the time, looking after my stressed out citrus and cacti in summer, my orchids and lillys get neglected, ( i have cut down on my orchid obbssesion).

I suppose if you spend all your time play "unreal tournament" and honing your skills on 1st person shooters, your "warcraft" skills get a bit dull - Fuck VIDEO games ( not chess though) as a legitimate pastime, what kind of sad case would actually see PLAYING and mastering video games as a real skill, i mean i dont mind a bit of NBA 09, Colin mcrae or WWF but only when there is absolutley nothing else worth while doing a particular hour or two.

I suppose if you spend all your time play "unreal tournament" and honing your skills on 1st person shooters, your "warcraft" skills get a bit dull - Fuck VIDEO games ( not chess though) as a legitimate pastime, what kind of sad case would actually see PLAYING and mastering video games as a real skill, i mean i dont mind a bit of NBA 09, Colin mcrae or WWF but only when there is absolutley nothing else worth while doing a particular hour or two.

I totally agree! I tried to tell them that but I think they thought ethnobotany was actually a larger waste of time than video games!

It's more than just growing plants tho... ethnobotany is such a vast subject encompassing many different sciences!

Edited by Teotz'

Plenty of people think gardening is gay as fuck. Everyone has different interests

Plenty of people think gardening is gay as fuck. Everyone has different interests.

gardening is the shiz. if gardening is gay my name is fangio fancy-pants bertwhistle

They have a gay Mr Gardner working as a propagandist on the TV,or they used to before they gave up caring if they appeared credible anymore.

Plenty of people think gardening is gay as fuck. Everyone has different interests

Yes but play video games is basically worthless... unless you play pro then few make money off of it and it certainly doesn't benefit humanity!

gardening is the shiz. if gardening is gay my name is fangio fancy-pants bertwhistle

:P

If anyone tells me that what i enjoy doing is gay as fuck, firstly i point out that my garden looks a fuckload better than theirs because of the love i put into it (i'm well known for my garden :)), secondly that they are dissing my art, then thirdly i take them to the big fuck off macrogonus that i grow for the exact purpose of pushing the fuckers into it

then thirdly i take them to the big fuck off macrogonus that i grow for the exact purpose of pushing the fuckers into it

Ah, yes the Torture Trichocereus, my favorite!

Same here!

Edited by Teotz'

Well B-man worked with me in the garden for a couple of hours the other day to pay off some money he owes me...

He was going to come back the next day, but he said he was too sore! Haha :) He admitted gardening isn't easy... and I agreed that neither are video games, but one is more usable and important than the other.

Edited by Teotz'

and there isn't any space for creativity in videogames, unless you are a videogame designer of course

and there isn't any space for creativity in videogames, unless you are a videogame designer of course

That is a very good point. You don't actually create anything yourself... LAME!

not true. every time you improve your "style" you've exercised some creativity, unless it was under somebodies tutelage.