The Corroboree
Yeti101

New laws to target hydroponic trade

Powerful new laws are planned for South Australia that will target both sellers and buyers of hydroponic equipment used for growing cannabis.

The laws will be the first of their type in Australia and would require dealers and their staff to undergo fit and proper person tests.

Buyers would also have to undergo a 100-point identity check to buy hydroponic equipment, with their details to be forwarded to police.

The Police Minister, Michael Wright, says he cannot guarantee legitimate hydroponic equipment users will not get caught up in the process.

"There's nothing wrong with people having their name recorded if they are using this type of equipment for legitimate use and that may happen with some growers, although it's not the advice we've so far received, but if they have a legitimate use they have no need to fear," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/02/26/2502236.htm

Yes i saw that on tonight's news !!

Although It still wont effect the big commercial growers, Surely a simple way to hurt the criminal gangs etc would be to decriminalize the plant for personal cultivation of up to say 2 plants ?

Edited by mac

Yet another law that restricts yet another item, its getting ridiculous. I hear that they are going to even make it a fine-able offense to have chemistry glassware and chemicals without a verifiable usage and reason. Hydro gear was always going to be a target, i spose now people will just have to get a bit electronically savvy and re-rig there ballasts :D 240V style from ye old overseas voltages.

Yet another law that restricts yet another item, its getting ridiculous. I hear that they are going to even make it a fine-able offense to have chemistry glassware and chemicals without a verifiable usage and reason. Hydro gear was always going to be a target, i spose now people will just have to get a bit electronically savvy and re-rig there ballasts :D 240V style from ye old overseas voltages.

Why is it while other countries leaders slowly implement laxer restrictions regarding personal use the wankers over here are trying to turn it in to a fucking police state.

ANY POLITICIAN WHO SUPPORTS PROHIBITION IS FUNDING ORGANIZED CRIME

Ya' can make your own set up from makeshift stuff if it comes to that.

Tubs, buckets, aquarium equipment etc... The light is the only thing I can think of that might be a hassle but, it seems botanicalSEEKER has the solution above..

Plus I 'spose there's always stick-ups and ram-raids if they really wanna play.. (a joke)

Not suggesting anything, just stating the obvious, not trying to incite dickheadism.

If I had the means, I'd buy up a bunch of lights to resell later (not to profit, just to do my bit).

I'm honestly worried these laws are gonna make me snap!!!

Edited by the germinator

whats wrong with mail order... :huh:

Hunab Ku,

If the hydropnic laws are anything like those that regulate the chemical&science industry then even mail order would require some form of identification and possibly a EUD(End User Decoration). Go have a look at PACIA and check there example EUD you have to provide everything short of a stool sample.

I can see it now "Code of Practice for Supply Diversion into Illicit Plant Growing", i wonder if PH up and down will be on their "watch list" maybe even hydroponic mediums!

Germinator has got the idea, get handy, shit rig a DWC with a bucket , bubbler and pot with medium and grow some chinese tomatoes:P. The government is going to take on a war they possibly cant win. What are they going to do ban fluorescent lights?. Shit give me a ice cream bucket a can of coke and a hose and ill rig a system , give me a few fluro battons and 5 mins at dick smith and you'll have a light rig. Point been the government will spill more money into this BS law taking it away from things that need it much more eg health system, disaster relief etc etc

street lights are metal halide and hps and also factory lights too i cant see ataining lights being a problem?

street lights are metal halide and hps and also factory lights too i cant see ataining lights being a problem?

LMAO..I can see whole neighborhoods plunged into darkness after neo hydro groups stealthily relieve the local communities of their HPS street lights.... :P

H.

Hooray problem pre-empted :bong: Phew.

We all know the people who run things aren't too bright but, I thought they'd hafta be at least edumacated... Didn't they

study Newton's laws, I thought that was pretty much required learning for those academic types?

(for every action etc...)

But they are just trying to protect you from dangerous things, aren't they? They caught all the criminals on the street and now they are branching out after dangerous plant growers since they have nothing better to do. Your street crime must be nill by now.

street lights are metal halide and hps and also factory lights too

due to the economic downturn there's half a dozen used car places that have shut down near me. big empty concrete lots each with a battery ov lights just sitting there waiting for someone w/a screwdriver & a ladder to come & help themselves.

Please dont under estemate the danger in dismanteling a live street light!

The risk of electrocution is very high.

The lights are easily found at construction sites that are refitting/demolishing factories and at auctions.

shopping bags are also being banned.

I think there is a link.

May be our wise and caring government thinks that the evil weed growers will have trouble finding something to keep their stash in.

Edited by weldoch

Please dont under estemate the danger in dismanteling a live street light!

The risk of electrocution is very high.

The lights are easily found at construction sites that are refitting/demolishing factories and at auctions.

Spot-on Andy.

It's very common to have live wires at lights that are turned off.

ed

shopping bags are also being banned.

I think there is a link.

May be our wise and caring government thinks that the evil weed growers will have trouble finding something to keep their stash in.

Whats wrong with banning shopping bags ...I reckon its fucking ace...stops lazy ass people buying 2 items and taking yet another piece of plastic home and then carelessly discarding it, and it ends up blowing around in the wind or ends up in our rivers or storm water drains....even worse down some fishes mouth and they drown and choke.

I hate people who don't think and just take bags willy nilly cause they are there..think before you shop and take some green re usable bags and stop wasting so much plastic and polluting the landfills and oceans etc.

one of my pet hates that topic.... :angry:

What next. Identity checks for gardening supplies at the local hardware. :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by Mycot