The Corroboree
Chiral

California to legalise pot to over 21's

well well well...who thinks this will ever happen here...?

check out this link ..... :o

H.

Well that Assemblyman is proposing it, but has still got to pass, which could be tough. If I was in CA I'd be ringing my members of the Assembly and Senate to show my support for the bill. Tom Ammiano is a Democrat, and given they hold a majority, this is possible.

I already have a thing for CA after drooling over those photos on eDot of giant salvia plants. If the legalise the weed, I may go there and never come back. :rolleyes:

See why I feel a little good about America?

Y'all laws/government is just depressing.

It's like the U.S.A. is loosing up on entheogens while the U.K. and Oz are tightening down!

At least SOMETHING is happening!

The only thing I see happening in Oz is stricter and stricter laws!

First off - great news. Will be interesting to see if it actually goes ahead and if the rest of the country follows suit in time.

Second:

It's like the U.S.A. is loosing up on entheogens while the U.K. and Oz are tightening down!

Generally speaking, Aus seems to follow the US like a lost puppy (as does the majority of other westernised countries). Being that Aus is such a young (westernised) country, we are of course going to follow in the footsteps of those who appear to be in the right direction (as laughable as it is considering the many downfalls of the US system - just look at the prison system which luckily we have not adopted [yet - there was recent talk of prisons becoming privatised which would be devastating IMO]). Until the US has decided one way or another on this topic I dont think Aus will make any sudden changes.

Realistically speaking, is that such a stupid move? Marijuana/drug legalisation is a huge move and could (will) have some serious downsides. IMO it is not such a bad move to wait for someone else to test the water.

All the same, I still feel strongly that it is a matter of personal choice which every adult should have.

IF this law passes it will be very interesting to see how they regulate personal cultivation as this option would likey result in less taxes for the government.

In my opinion plant based drug laws (if they should exist at all) should encourage personal cultivation. If regulated properly personal cultvation laws could lead to a reduction in funds supporting organised crime and reduce abuse potential of the substance.

But thats not taxes is it!

LOL i have also wondered about this..perhaps home cultivators would have to purchase a license and be limited to the amount they grow...hard to monitor yes I know but seems all this is a revenue excersise anyways..imagine the cash they stand to make from licensing...but taxing the covert home grower would be extremely difficult.

I've heard that they may have whats called 50 buck ZIPS available..apparently 1/4 oz's from your local dispensary/ pharmacy whatever....this would cater for the one's who can't be fucked growing..stops people buying from criminals etc..is safer and is taxed.

I'm wondering if say you buy a 5 plant license..you grow your own...you haven t smoked for years cause your a paranoid freak from it...I wonder if the paranoia goes when you know you are allowed to grow something and its totally legal...interesting huh..!

:P

H.

Gah, this type of thing comes up all the time.

Wouldn't be counting too many chickens before they hatch.

I wonder if it's all about the saliva swab technology becoming more effective?

A bloke I work with is an unrepentant smoker on his days off, but stays off it during work days. He just takes the swab when he gets called up for the test (we all do, eventually). Myself, I just pee in the cup - nothing more satisfying than handing over a warm cup of piss to the authorities that be. but long live the swab - we should all have the right to choose how we live our lives outside of our dangerous, stressful jobs.

y'all are stoned if you think this is going to pass. the assembly man that proposed the bill is generally considered to be a whackjob by the majority of the state's moderates. there were alot of new stories on it the week it was introduced but within a short period of time everyone seems to have forgotten about it.

need i remind you all that this supposedly liberal state banned same sex marriage? if that was banned i dont see cannabis being legal anytime soon.

Just keep your head up and cross your fingers!

Remember, California is younger than Australia is as a "country"!

California is a dynamic and progressive place.... unless most of the U.S.!

People feel they can be pro-active there... and initiate change, and it will effect the rest of the world... because it does!

Something is broken here... we SHOULD be initiating change, because we can, in so many ways... but the ability to stand up with something and break new ground on a global scale is completely missing. Or at least, if you try here, people will try and take you down... low cultural self esteem and repressive inertia is unrecognised rubbish. And people are not looking within and doing what it takes, because they don't see a reason... selfish boring barbequed conformist idiots!

<humour>I'm going to start pointing bones at lazy, inertia filled boxed up bitches from now on!

Get an ergo upya bum you indulgent piss ant swamps!

Or else you are going to be brunch at Steve Irwin's crocodile farm!

I say, a daily spray of halepeno capsicum in the face is the best way to start the day.

</humour>

Julian.

I wonder if it's all about the saliva swab technology becoming more effective?

A bloke I work with is an unrepentant smoker on his days off, but stays off it during work days. He just takes the swab when he gets called up for the test (we all do, eventually). Myself, I just pee in the cup - nothing more satisfying than handing over a warm cup of piss to the authorities that be. but long live the swab - we should all have the right to choose how we live our lives outside of our dangerous, stressful jobs.

Totaly agreeing with you momomoto- we should all have the right to live a little on friday night if we are not rostered on for saturday morning

I think the daily swab idea is a much more effective and fairer method than pissing into the cup method when it comes to keeping your workers clean on site or on the road, i really despise cup tests, despite the fact that bieng stoned once in a while is illlegal,

I if i had the power i would introduce morning breathalyser tests to everyone on site as well as the swab, its only fair

-intoxication is intoxication

That is the first of many bills I'm sure. No one thought California would ever be able to pass the medical cannabis bill...and they did.

I was in L.A. for a few months working with one of the cannabis laced food suppliers, and I remember catering a party for my business partners foot doctor! There are billboards all over Hollywood for the doctors that issue the med. cards, and cannabis clubs abound. The attitude is that it's already legal. So nothing that happens there would surprise me.

IF this law passes it will be very interesting to see how they regulate personal cultivation as this option would likey result in less taxes for the government.

In my opinion plant based drug laws (if they should exist at all) should encourage personal cultivation. If regulated properly personal cultvation laws could lead to a reduction in funds supporting organised crime and reduce abuse potential of the substance.

But thats not taxes is it!

Alot of governments run that sort of stuff (drug trade) so it will just make their market less profitable. The USA is stupid Cali has a state law that states that people can use medicinal mj with a licence and buy mj for medical uses, but the federal government doesnt reckonise the law. FUCK HEADS!!! Watch SUPER HIGH ME!!!

Edited by sharxx101

This is great news for everyone weather ya' smoke or not. Ending prohibition anywhere is a good thing, God bless America.

We'll follow in toe as we always do, it's these little things that make me glad we have such a spineless government! Mmmm, optimism...

Pam is right.

The genie is already out of the bottle in Los Angeles. Some friends have described the scene

in Venice beach (compassion club right on the strand) as being very open indeed, way more

so than ten years ago when I lived there. I wouldn't call it a coffeshop situation, and it's all

very expensive, but it's the most tolerant I've heard of here.

Maybe someone from CA could give more details? I'm sure Bakersfield is way different from

Venice.

I'm always dubious of progress in this country, but at this point they'd be really stupid not

to regulate and tax it.

I if i had the power i would introduce morning breathalyser tests to everyone on site as well as the swab, its only fair

-intoxication is intoxication

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn staight!

What I want is a test that can tell if you have drank alcohol in the past month.... and if you have, you get fired.

Hey Rizla, do you reckon all this cool reform that's apparently happening over there can be attributed to

your new President? Obama seems pretty hip and up there with it in my opinion but, I don't know much about your politics,

don't know much about ours for that matter :rolleyes:

Just seems to be a lot happenin' over your way since George Dubya zipped up.

Obama's alright eh?

Oh bapho will love that one ^^^.

Does anyone really think Obama will make that many changes, I was already reading today that they are still not thinking about introducing needle exchanges which i think was one of obamas promises (wasnt it?) because the new UN policy made this month still doesn't include harm minimisation like that because they encourage drug use.

Peace

hey Germinator, I don't think it's Obama at all -- this has slowly been developing since Prop 215 in CA back in the 90's (medical cannabis bill). Obama's been pretty lame in his staff appointments -- pretty much status quo, particularly awful on the banks. If you haven't heard, he's rewarding his Goldman Sachs/Wall Street supporters right now. Any gains at all are in spite of Washington, not because of it. I do think they might ease up on the compassion clubs elsewhere in the country, hope so, too early to say. Never underestimate the stupidity of the US Govt.

California has its faults (pun) but is more tolerant (of certain things) than the rest of this country. That and a little yankee ingenuity are what lead to the current cannabis club scene. Not to mention that even if you don't belong to a club, people in the entertainment industry have their own underground networks of guys with cell phones who will deliver stuff off amsterdam-style hydro menus. (so I've heard anyway)

I think everyone should watch this film. The Obama Deception.

Exposes Obama for who he really is and his agenda.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7886780711843120756

I with you bro, that is an awesome vid must see people open ya eyes! B) take the shades off lol. This is just one of many issues to keep us busy while the big guys take our rights and dictate how we live. Anyone heard on the AMERO

Edited by sharxx101