The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

EGA- Bear Owsley Headlining - FRI 6-MON 9 NOV - Last Tix

The Bear certainly has some strange and challenging ideas, but i would not wright him off so quickly

:rolleyes:

I think he will still be a very interesting speaker

:wink:

and there is so much more going on at EGA than just the Bear :P

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

the cia are said to be preparing for the coming ice age,have been since the 70's its also claimed.

great to see earthpod going again!

t s t .

Well lets hope so, i will be happy if Adrian just makes the event.

He said he was on SAB for the first time in years the other day.

Good News

Great to See Earthpod going again!

OHH YEAH! this is going to be massive, cant wait to be down. dont know what im more excited about: catchin up with old friends , meeting awesome new friends, the talks, the trading place, the PLANT STALLS!! have seen a portion of cacti that one stall will have available and was pretty much foaming at the mouth! :drool2:

ive been secretly hoping the cicadas are firing up early for the event too!

see yas down there!

p.s- as if i i need to remind you...

Jeremy J - 'Entheogenic Acacias of Australia: A review of known active species and an introduction to more previously unreported species'.

The Bear certainly has some strange and challenging ideas, but i would not wright him off so quickly

:rolleyes:

I think he will still be a very interesting speaker

:wink:

and there is so much more going on at EGA than just the Bear :P

No doubt, no doubt - not trying to knock your fine event. I was just a bit disappointed to learn where he ahd ended up in terms of his politics.

Unfortunately, I shan't be attending but will there be any opportunity to see footage of Bear's talk online at any stage? I would still be fascinated to hear what he has to say.

Edited by FungalFractoids

Will be very good to see you ferret

happy you can make it :lol:

PM me

and yes

Jeremy J - 'Entheogenic Acacias of Australia: A review of known active species and an introduction to more previously unreported species'.

is going to be something very special :)

OHH YEAH! this is going to be massive, cant wait to be down. dont know what im more excited about: catchin up with old friends , meeting awesome new friends, the talks, the trading place, the PLANT STALLS!! have seen a portion of cacti that one stall will have available and was pretty much foaming at the mouth! :drool2:

ive been secretly hoping the cicadas are firing up early for the event too!

see yas down there!

p.s- as if i i need to remind you...

**** EGA Opening/Closing Ceremony - Coordinator – Margaret Cross ****

The EGA Opening Ceremony has been designed to connect us all, one to

the other in Unity consciousness so we may create in harmony,

tolerance and understanding. The ceremony will be simple and powerful

as we gather together in celebration of our connection and to seed

dream the future. .

We will gather around a sacred fire just as our ancient ancestors did.

Wound together by billions of strands of love, light and remembrance

of who we are and why we are here.

We will join together as one to Plant a Dreaming Tree. This act will

embody our shared Reverence for nature and our intention to

create heaven of Earth through our collective visions. Tomchia Raven

Wolf will close the ceremony with a sacred Shamanic Chant to seal us

as one in Love and Collective vision.

:lol:

**** EGArts ****

Art contributions for EGA'09 have evolved and grown enormously, everybody attending this year's event is in for a massive treat!

Featuring well over a massive 200 square metres of visionary banner arts and hand painted canvases, giant interactive luminous bionic sculptures, a labyrinth, a crystal mandala housed in a tipi, aural valve tuned hifi sound scapes, visual projections, flags, hammocks, chill lounge and live art space!

'EGArts' will be an inspirational experience for all senses and provide a vast and detailed insight into the realms of the imagination and elements intrinsic to the shamanic and visionary experience!

Contributors:

Izwoz.com.au visionary banner arts and hand painted canvases. See http://www.izwoz.com.au

Pixelogix- visionary banner arts and video projections.

Futurelic- an installation of interactive botanic organisms sculpture. The self illuminated sacred deity organisms are made from redundant machines and industrial waste reanimated into new botanic life. See http://www.futurelic.va.com.au/

Carla and Barbi- exhibiting a large collection of banner arts from Australian and international visionary artists to create a high quality visually aesthetic experience.

Pixie lou- providing a range of sculptured lighting installations, as well as a range of handmade vines and leaves to decorate the space and suit the organic plant theme of EGA.

Kylie Robinson- creating a crystal and sacred object mandala, displayed inside an 18foot tipi. the space will be similar to the one at RSF ’09 – a plant/crystal/symbolic space that all can enjoy and contribute to. please bring objects along!

Tony- Djalu -an ongoing informal workshop with the aim of completing a series of large scale mosaic murals. The murals will relate intrinsically to EGA – the people, the country, the ideology, the energy, the community – and will be a representation of rainbow fella. Contribution from as many people as possible will be encouraged. The completed murals will be added to the prizes in the EGA fund raising raffle.

Imogen- creating a sculptural and poetic labyrinth created primarily of surrounding natural materials.

Pussy cat lounge- an ultra comfy chill space, bringing a bunch of soft and squishys to lounge around on!

Molecular Octave Sound System- a valve powered high fidelity surround sound system for a completely immersive auditory experience!

.....and not to forget the Hyper Spatial Chrysalis hammock space in the trees!

edit-search engines are great

Edited by incognito

Shameful promo edit on a previous post: The plant stall mentioned earlier called Astrophyte will be called 'KanJe and Prier's Cactus Orgy'

In case you were wondering, we will be selling cactus. :P

Just a quick update on EGA tickets left in circulation

Melbourne - The Happy Herb Shop

317 Smith Street Fitzroy Vic

Phone: 03 94191277

Tickets Left - 14

Melbourne - The Happy Herb Shop

1/186 Barkly Street St. Kilda Vic

Phone: 03 9534 9361

Tickets Left - 16

Sydney - Happy High Herbs

347 King Street, Newtown

Phone: 02 9550 1345

Tickets Left - 20

All other stall have approximately 2-5 left

EGA HQ has approximately 15 tickets left , and is looking to close it on line ticketing very soon

So snap them up fast as this years EGA is going to be outstanding.

B)

There are a few spaces left on the EGA Coach. Confirmed Coach times are as follows:

* Friday - Departure Fed Square 11.30am, Departure Tullamarine 12.30pm, Arrival on site at 3.30pm

* Tuesday - Departure site at 8.30am, Arrival Tullamarine 12.00pm, Arrival Federation Square 12.30pm

For those requiring transport from the site on Monday, we will bring you to the Mansfield bus station where you can catch a Vline bus to Melbourne. The Vline departs Mansfield at 1.30pm on Monday, and arrives in Melbourne at 4.35pm. You can make bookings online at: http://www.vline.com.au/index.aspx?sid=0

To discuss options, or what is still available, please email [email protected].

Hey everyone, really hope you can buy raffle tix to help support this event, the raffle really is vital in keeping the event alive!

The prize pool is looking amazing, and I've just updated it and added pics in the main thread here.

Some of the prizes..

Large Izwoz posters:

09RAF_izwozcomau-small1.jpg-09RAF_izwozcomau-small2.jpg

09RAF_ega-podium.jpg

Poster of The Beginning by Roy Villalobos

207q8nq.jpg

Erowid gear

09RAF_Erowid.jpg

Pink cubic zirconia studded stainless steel peyote

09RAF_100_0209.jpg

And lots more!

JUST ONE WEEK TO GO :happydance: :hug: :popcorn:

That makes this the Last day to buy EGA Tickets on Paypal - physical shops from here on in.

EGA Tickets may purchased in person from the following locations

Melbourne

The Happy Herb Shop

1/186 Barkly Street St. Kilda Vic

Phone: 03 9534 9361

The Happy Herb Shop

317 Smith Street Fitzroy Vic

Phone: 03 94191277

NSW

Nimbin - Happy High Herbs

58A Cullen Street, Nimbim

Phone: 02 6689 1365

Sydney - Newtown - Happy High Herbs

347 king st, newtown

Phone:02 9550 1345

Perth

Happy High Herbs

Shop 6/20 Elder Place, Fremantle WA 6160

Phone: 08 9430 9449

Adelaide

Happy High Herbs

28 Bank St, Adelaide SA 5000

Phone: 08 8211 8885

Brisbane

Gooble Warming

73 Vulture Street, West End, Brisbane QLD 4101

Phone: 07 3844 6006

He is not one for media so for the present i will say No B), we will be filming it and he has agreed to that but we are unsure if and when it will be retested, but judging from all our efforts with such material to date not in the foreseeable future.

ON GOOD NEWS, there will be a DVD with a selection of previous talks available at the event thanks to CS :wub:

And it will have one of Dennis Mckenna talks and Dr David Caldicott on it from 2007, to of the best talks to date :lol:

EGA09CoroboreeFlyerFinal.jpg

Uh not sure if I should be posting here as I usually scan the corroboree for info rather than posting on it. So apologies if I am out of line.

This is more a question for RonnieSimulcrum:

My friend and I went to '07 EGA and have planned to catch up at 09 EGA for months now. We even bought early bird tix for ourselves and two other friends. Thses two friends have cancelled in the last week and so we have one spare ticket in melb and one in Newcastle we would like to sell.

Can you suggest the best way for us to pass these tickets on before it is too late. We would be happy to sell for a lot less than the current General Admission price. We would love to see the tix go to good use.

Again sorry if this is inappropriate on this thread, as I say I am not a regular 'poster'.

Hey Daif

Theses things happen, just think you are the lucky ones as you both get to go to the best EGA ever, and trust me it will be by a mile :lol:

To sell your tickets start a new thread and name your price, as others have done.

tickets always change hands at the last minute, just the way it is.

We have sold more tickets than the last outdoor EGA in 2007, so there is not sign of the gathering shrinking at this stage.

See you there Daif

Yar - Thanks for the good vibe.

I have posted my first thread. It was too easy. Great line up of speakers and events. If I can't sell the tix, consider it our contribution to your fine event.

New-Image---logo---post.jpg

Now I have the hang of this posting, just an extra note on the EGA '09 image you just recently posted - Great artwork but I thought EGA was about plants not test tubes and beakers. Call me a 'stick-in-the-mud' but plants are legal, doing things to them in beakers is illegal. Next time, I think your advertising should reflect such legal sensitivities.

All the best for EGA.

Depends what palnts & what your doing with the testes realy :P

I see a few illegal plants there (salvia, cannabis, poppies) & a few plants you could do legal extracts with (brugmansia, waterlilly).

All different shades of grey...

Gonna be EPIC, that masquarde looks awesome, masks MMmm I'm a creative blackhole, no idea.

Rockin da casbar Ronny :), or should I say Grokin da casbar

Edited by shruman

LUCKY PEOPLE! ((SULKING :ana: ))

Have an awesome time plantheads. :wub: