The Corroboree
Neoshaman

Meet up: Sydney, Central Coast, Newcastle

On 09/04/2021 at 8:25 AM, Raver Buddy said:

Hi,

Is there any plans soon for a meetup in Sydney?

I've relocted from Melbourne and been to plenty of the SAB meetups there. Unfortunately I'm only in Sydney for a short while and was hoping I could go to a meetup if there's on while I'm here such as in the next month or two?

Hi Raver Buddy & Thanks Wile E.

The next Sydney APS meet up is our Bicycle Day Picnic this Sunday at the Royal Botanic Gardens 11:00 - 15:00 (we''ll meet at the cactus gardens and then move somewhere more comfy and private form there but will mark our spot with Purple Flags).

Keep an eye on the Facebook event Page https://www.facebook.com/events/885955698866240

We'll also be having an event for Cactus Day (May 23rd) with a film, workshop and speaker... then there's Mushroom Day on the 20th June 

To stay up to date with APS events, sign up to the Sydney Newsletter https://psychedelicsociety.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=543c0c0d6e31f0f994a287a84&id=89e3b156a8&fbclid=IwAR26x_kBwTb-7Uq5mhG5UVKYo0tupLwygDDp1mF0xgX99T1XeXqu8FjtK4k

cheers,

Flux

• Like 1

Hi Flux,

Awesome! I was going to post the details for the APS Bicycle Day meetup but it looks like you beat me to it. :)

I've been to many of the Melbourne APS events but only one of the Sydney ones. I'm hoping to invite a friend or two, if they are myself are running late, will the fracebook event page you linked to have the updated location if you guys move during the day?

I hope some of you managed to make it to the gardens. We usually start with a meeting point and post our final location (on the grass nearby) to the Facebook pages, but in future I'll try and remember to post final location details here too. We had a great turnout with about 20-30 people and it was super chill and a really nice day for it.

It was good to see the cactus gardens again but the poor old Scop there just doesn't get a chance to grow coz of unscrupulous a-holes stealing pups and branches...given its age it should be a massive stand by now, but it's the same size as it was 5 years ago !!!

Now that venues are open to full capacity again, the APS have a bunch of bigger events coming up - Including CACTUS DAY on May 23rd & MUSHROOM DAY on June 20th which will both be huge !!!  

We also have a special FREE Bicycle Day LIVE STREAM interview and Q&A with Paul Daley - one of the main Shulgin Archivists at 3:00pm THIS ARVO on the APS Youtube channel: 

Edited by Flux
  • Like 1

For all you Sydney-siders here, The Australian Psychedelic Society is once again excited to initiate Cactus Day in honour of Aldous Huxley's seminal Doors of Perception experience on Sunday May 23rd from 1:00-4:00pm at The Giant Dwarf Theatre on Cleveland Street.

This will be a day devoted to learning about the psychedelic Cactus; specifically San Pedro/Huachuma this year. We will be screening the Aubrey Marcus film Huachuma, having a discussion with Mescaline author and anthropologist Mike Jay, and presenting a cactus-growing workshop by one of our Shaman Australis elders Tony Davey. 

There will also be spot door prizes and a raffle draw for the chance to take home some amazing specimens of cactus.

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://fb.me/e/1hxbxtqY1

TICKET PURCHASE LINK: http://www.giantdwarf.com.au/events/APS/

CACTUS DAY BANNER.jpeg

327136642_CACTUSDAYBANNER.thumb.jpeg.be7ebc7cb55ee07a5df568b715cdcbe2.jpeg

327136642_CACTUSDAYBANNER.thumb.jpeg.be7ebc7cb55ee07a5df568b715cdcbe2.jpeg

Edited by Flux
adding image
  • Like 1

TICKETS ARE ALMOST SOLD OUT FOR CACTUS DAY! - SO GET IN NOW TO NOT MISS OUT! 

DOORS OPEN: 12:30pm for a 1:00pm sharp start

Bring coins for the amazing cactus pack we are raffling on the day !!!

See ya'll there for an awesome afternoon of film, interview, workshop and Q&A :) 

Awesome to see such a great turnout yesterday and catch up with the crew. 

• Like 2

Hey Sydney-siders, come watch this fascinating film with us and hang out in the park afterwards for a picnic; meet some new people, have good conversation, share food & drink and enjoy yourselves: https://events.humanitix.com/aps-sydney-mushroom-day-matinee-and-meet-up?fbclid=IwAR0ilbtJZNY551WrIntmutb0IJGDKdmV2C1eU_3pT-6b-pVGm7-bPJ17c30

image.thumb.png.ebe7537994d9abd87d7ed3834ad44d20.png

Edited by Flux
  • Like 1

Howdy yall...

Will be holding a plant swap and trade day... community meet up.

27th Feb. Kincumber Mountain. From 12 onwards.

https://fb.me/e/26a90p6mI

Blessings.

• Like 4

Interesting this threads still going I haven't been on here for years, I decided I missed it too much anyway i'd be pretty keen to get a regular meet or something going if there are enough people still around 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Neoshaman said:

Interesting this threads still going I haven't been on here for years, I decided I missed it too much anyway i'd be pretty keen to get a regular meet or something going if there are enough people still around 

There's probably more than we think.

Maybe there would be people that weren't around before?

• Like 1

Hi to all you wonderful crew. I'm back in Sydney again. I was wondering if there's any plans for any social meetups here in the Sydney region or possibly any camps for the future? I've been to plenty of SAB and APS meetups in Melbourne and worked for the last 10yrs in harm reduction in VIC.

P.S. Are all SAB meetup now done through APS? I just haven't seen many posts here for quite some time in regards to social events so was wondering.

• Like 1

Most meet ups are organized on FB messaging or Signal. The old crew is pretty solid and that network is slow on uptake of newbies.

Has anyone in Sydney met you, your Raver Buddy is not familiar to me.

Yes folks are sussed out at APS meets, and if they seem cool, could be invited to more interesting events.

That said, things are slow, family commitments etc. we are lucky to have a Winter and Summer camp, mushroom camp is a distant memory, I suppose COVID restrictions changed the pace of socializing too. I run a Ceremony or two every week, so I have my fill of deep human interaction. And enjoy a stiff Gin or overproof whiskey on my days off to debrief.

• Like 2

:lol:Be cool to do a joint SAB-APS meet-up/ picnic of sorts sometime … or a mushroom ID workshop/bush walk/camp when Sub season starts 

• Like 4

Will never forget that first time we did the Sydney camping trip in the long since forested G-Spot out in Oberon...surely too dry for subs we said - been no rain.

But frost alone was enough to fill a big metal pot to he brim but was definitely the first time I've had a thaw a chop bowl out by the fire. Fun times. 

Hopefully my posts actually actually get approved but I'd be down for the next Sydney region meetup.