The Corroboree
faustus

must-see documentaries

Just a couple of oldies I've been rewatching but they are both timeless and probably on youtube by now.

Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth

Chomsky's The Manufacturing of Consent - about bias in the media we are fed.

If you've ever tried reading Chomsky and just couldn't get past the dense wall of facts in his books the doco is a good intro.

P.S. There wasn't enough music in "DIG!" Anton is God OK but you wouldn't know it from that film.

Not a must-see but quite interesting.

Choosing to Die

In a frank and personal documentary, author Sir Terry Pratchett considers how he might choose to end his life. Diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2008, Terry wants to know whether he might be able to end his life before his disease takes over.

Travelling to the Dignitas Clinic in Switzerland, Terry witnesses first hand the procedures set out for assisted death, and confronts the point at which he would have to take the lethal drug.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/day-before-disclosure/

One of the best UFO documentarys i've seen. Highly recommended.

I actually really enjoy watching documentaries.

a few that i really enjoyed lately are:

Dr Burzynski: Cancer is Serious Business

it's basically a documentary about Dr. Burzynski, a person who found a very promising alternant cancer treatment that has shown amazing results in treating what was previously believed by the medical industry to be " inoperable and incureable " forms of cancer. i.e. brain tumours etc. It also highlights some of the struggles and tribulations he has gone through in confronting what some would term a "conspiracy".

next is one called " Restrepo "

(search on top documentary films , or google, for a link)

it's a documentary about the experience of soldiers in afghanistan , posted to a base known as " restrepo " where 30% of bombs dropped in the entire afghan war were dropped. it is a great documentary if one is interested in seeing what life is like for soldiers on the front line in a highly stressful and dangerous environment.

Finally, another documentary called " Inside Job "

(again search google for a link)

it's a documentary that explains the origins of the global financial crisis in great detail, as well as an overview and analysis of the world economy. it is a very professionally made documentary and i highly recomend it to anyone who is interested in financial and economic matters pertaining to the GFC.

I hope some of you enjoy these, i sure did. :wink:

movie gave me man tears
  • Like 2

asdfsdfa

Edited by Teljkon

sex, drugs and plants

dont know if this has been posted yet. But i am watching this now on national geographic channel on fox. It is truly amazing. i recommend - here is a link to parts 1-5

enjoy

http://susansayler.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/national-geographic-sex-drugs-and-plants-2011/

double post :blush:

Edited by tipz

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/food-matters/

Watched this last night. Bit of an eye opener, specially when it came to the mental health side of things. Anyone into alternative (or actual :wink: ) cancer cures should watch this.

cheers

I just watched this one and I know herbal_hindsight posted this in his documentary list, but I thought I'd post an actual link to it, since it's an amazing theory and would have been easy to miss.

There basically putting forth the idea that christianity evolved directly from the consumption of etheogens (particularly the amanita muscaria mushroom). The theory is very convincing to me and has a lot of evidence to back it up.

Anyway, I highly recommended this documentary to anyone who has an interest in entheogens.

'The Pharmacratic Inquisition'

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-pharmacratic-inquisition/

Peace

Edited by jabez

A doco I saw recently called The Voice was pretty amazing.

similar concepts to What The Bleep Do We Know, but alot easier to get your head around.

And I am a die hard David Attenborough fan, especially love his latest series called Life.

A doco I saw recently called The Voice was pretty amazing.

similar concepts to What The Bleep Do We Know, but alot easier to get your head around.

And I am a die hard David Attenborough fan, especially love his latest series called Life.

Lol @ what the bleep :P

Attenborough is the man, you should check out his series on Madagascar. First Life is quite good too, you guys would love the trilobite fossils they show in that one I reckon.

Biggie & Tupac - was good, Suge Knight is a scary dude.

The Goddess Bunny doco that is out there is interesting.

Louis Theroux - I'm sure his stuff has been mentioned already in this thread. Weird Weekends are my favs.

Titicut Follies - really disturbing and pretty sad

King Of Kong

American Movie

Jesus Camp

Dark Days

Grey Gardens

How to Die in Oregon.....

Edited by centipede

Great thread.. I'm off to watch some doco's! Remember to put at least a little bit of what it;s about though if you recommend one otherwise ppl wont know if they might like the material

Searching the thread with the phrases "pharmacopeia" and "Hamilton Morris" turns up nothing, but it's definitely worth mentioning here. The Sapo Diaries, Nzambi and a few other short documentaries he's made for VBS are pretty cool to watch.

http://www.vbs.tv/nl-nl/watch/hamilton-s-pharmacopeia/the-sapo-diaries-1-of-3

Just saw a 30 minute comedy documentary on abc2 called the bazura project, it presented a look at drugs in movies through history. Some interesting stuff that I'm gonna have to look into further. Episode 5 is what you want.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/bazuraproject.htm

Cheers madhouse. I turned on the tv just at this finished last night.

Anyone whos interested in numbers perfectly fitting together and signs of the end of world and all the rest of it will probably really enjoy this documentary. Its basically an alternative theory of why the pyramids were built. Very interesting.

The Revelation Pyramids

Also this is the best documentary Ive seen about medical cannabis in a while. In the last 10 minutes they talk about how they have actually been able to kill tumours in mice using cannabinoids. Absolutely amazing.

Clearing the Smoke: The Science of Cannabis

Edited by jabez

movie gave me man tears

nice one! wow can't believe he actually went through with it

"Dirty Pictures". Whilst it could have been a lot more informative, it's a nice little glimpse into Dr. Shulgin's life.

Not a documentary but well worth watching / listening to:

Lemmy: Doco/movie about Lemmy Kilmeister, hard rock n roll frontman of Motorhead. I knew bugger all about him (and Motorhead actually) but I love music and this was really interesting. He seems like a fascinating guy who I'd love to sit down, have some drinks and "I I I I" and chat for hours with him.

20: the Pearl Jam doco/movie was amazing too, lots of stuff I didn't know and of course wonderful music.

Les Paul Story: Another fascinating guy, we have much to thank him for. Way ahead of his time musically and electro(magneto?)mechanically... whatever exact field it would be lol...