The Corroboree
cisumevil

WA Police seize lethal new drug!

Giving more power sto the dross that are attracted to the law enforcement professions of today seems unwise at best.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...5008620,00.html

Nicole Cox, police reporter

December 04, 2008 01:00pm

EXCLUSIVE: WA POLICE have made what is thought to be WA's first seizure of the potentially fatal hallucinogenic drug DMT, and arrested three men.

Police yesterday seized two grams of the drug, known as dimethyltryptamine, and arrested three men after raiding two properties in Denmark and Walpole, in the South of WA.

Police were called into investigate after a patient was admitted to Denmark Hospital with a suspected drug overdose of the drug.

``We believe this may be the first seizure of DMT by police in WA . . . And we also believe it is the first arrest as a result of this drug,'' Denmark Sergeant Dave Dench told PerthNow this afternoon.

``This is new (to WA). It's not new to the world. . . it's been used for 300 or 400 years overseas, but it's new to WA. We have never come across this in WA before.

``Even though we've only seized 2 grams, the fact that we've locked up three men, we believe we've put quite a dint in the potential for this drug to hit Denmark in large quantities.''

DMT is extracted from the bark of certain trees and is manufactured during a `` complex cooking process''. Once ``cooked'', the yellow-coloured drug takes a crystalline or powder form. It is usually smoked, sometimes by lacing cannabis with the drug, police say.

Sgt Dench said intelligence suggested that the drug was being sold in 1 gram packages for $200.

He said chemists believed that each ``dose'' was 15 to 25 mg.

``Our concern is that if someone who hasn't taken the drug before and doesn't know anything about it and takes 1 gram, which is way over the dosage that chemists recommend is sufficient, then it may potentially have some major health effects for them.''

He said police did not have any evidence that the drug, which is believed to have originated in South America, had been manufactured in the South West or from local trees.

``There are about six or seven types of tree that this substance can be extracted from....But we don't have any direct intelligence to suggest it's been cooked locally,'' he said.

A 25-year-old Walpole man will be charged by summons with supplying a prohibited drug (DMT), possessing a prohibited drug (DMT) and one count of possessing cannabis.

A 22-year-old man from Denmark will be charged by summons with one count of possessing a prohibited drug (DMT) and possessing a smoking implement.

The third man, a 23-year-old from Denmark, will be charged by summons for possessing cannabis and possessing a smoking implement.

The three men will appear in Albany Magistrates Court in January.

This is just bullshit' from cossers' of whom know shit all'

We should laugh at these idiots'

Just my opinion of the so called powers that be ~

You can lock us up physicaly' but you can never crush the spirit of freedom'

Cossers been speaking to "Frank" problem is "Frank" knows nish ~ Just call "Frank" an asshole'

Be safe'

Be well

Nobunoni +

Edited by Nobun

Hi Nicole...nice reporting on that big story...like how you captured the truth and put out such an amazing story..we don't want people overdosing on that new drug..well done sweety..kiss kiss.

:innocent_n:

H.

ok,

first ever bust in WA... but how about first ever hospitalisation in australia??? or hows that hospitalisation for 'dmt overdose' compare with global medical statistics??

surely maoi involved for hospitalisation? and even then how many ppl worldwide have been hospitalised for the combination of maoi with dmt????

no really im curious....

i cant help but think maybe the hospitalisation may have been a result of heart problems in the user. or another existing health concern that may have made the experience too much for the body to handle.

im just stabbing in the dark here tho...

These 2 individuals bit off more than they could chew, that's for sure.

I got a job at a liquor store this week, I serve grog happily to all the filthy addicts (aka almost every citizen in this country), particularly today, the friday rush of all the people finishing work desperate to get pissed was very hectic, all of them were jittering, anxious and excited to get home and crack open their bottle of one of the most expensive, dangerous and problematic drugs in the world, but oh fuck should 3 guys probably minding their own business in a park have some dmt to explore the nature of humanity and the world. FUCK.

Unknown author

I use to sell drugs for a living.

For ten years I supplied hundreds of thousands of people with a dangerous mind altering substance.

This was the job I had always wanted.

I had grown up around this drug and from a young age took an unhealthy interest in it. I began using in my teens and quickly joined the drug industry as a shit kicker. Having worked my way up the ladder I was a major player in the distribution of this dangerous drug, and I loved it.

Within 5 years I was responsible for a multi million dollar a year business with several staff working for me. I was good at selling this drug, my bosses made huge profits feeding off people’s addictions. They didn’t care that what we were doing was ruining people’s lives. I chose what to order and how to sell it, who could have it and who couldn’t. If I didn’t like you or you pissed me off you didn’t get any. People were and are addicted to this drug and don’t even know it, they just keep coming back for more. On a good day hundreds of thousands of dollars would go through my hands, thousands of people would be off their guts all thanks to me.

But with the good comes the bad. Loud mouths, wannabe tough guys and dickheads in general had to be dealt with daily. Violent assaults, rapes and murders can all be attributed to this drug. I have called more ambulances than I care to remember. I have seen more than my share of blood spilled because of this drug. All around me families would fall apart, homes and lives would be destroyed. I have lost close friends and almost been killed myself because of this drug.

I have watched people die from this drug. I organised and was successful at the mass distribution of a drug people worldwide were and continue to die from in their millions.

I don’t sell alcohol anymore.

i cant help but think maybe the hospitalisation may have been a result of heart problems in the user. or another existing health concern that may have made the experience too much for the body to handle.

im just stabbing in the dark here tho...

I'm thinking maybe there was no physical problem and they just weren't prepared for how intense the feeling was. It doesn't say anywhere that someone suffered a heart attack, or any other physical problem, just says they were hospitalised.

just says they were hospitalised.

People frequently get hospitalized for panic attacks.

I have heard on the grape vine that when mixed with "herb" that the weirdness can last a long time, at least half an hour. I hypothesize that whoever smoked the crystal, did so on an already potent smoke which is how they were able to get to hospital still in a state of fear & panic.

Surely if they had smoked on an inert herb they would have been back to baseline before they got to a hospital.

Its just a theory.

maybe they shelved it :o

Margarine suppository...?

H.

dont know how much 5meo it takes to get maoi to some extent.....related bust for meth.....smoking crystal spice/5meo in crack pipe while on meth?

t s t .

heheheh been there done that...no probs...

H.

I agree with PD, we should just let it slide.

We can discuss it here but if we try to bring light to the utter junk presented in the media then maybe they will report the truth and we will all have a much harder time...especially when our beloved Acacia's become the focus of attention!

I think for our sakes its a good thing that the media is full of useless Arts Graduates... no offense to the useful Arts Grads out there...

Edited by Mr Stay Puft

So you believe that the misinformation is better than the truth? I understand why you feel that way, but I think the cost is too high. Misinformation is dangerous, and the people who read the bullshit propaganda have a right to the truth.

It's a difficult topic, because there are differing opinions on this, and no one can really do something about it if there are members of the community that feel that nothing can be done. But we will never find out if things can be better if we do not seek to educate the wider community about the injustices.

I don't think misinformation is right, but i do believe that those stupid enough to read a newspaper, or watch a news bulletin, and believe it are too stupid to understand the truth anyway.

I agree that the truth is essential, but it may compromise the community that we all enjoy here. With things like the no-opt out web filter about to come into place i don't think it is worth risking this community over a few bulshit articles in a WA paper.

Spreading the accurate information may bring this forum into the limelight and all we hold dear may be taken away. (not just Acacia, etc but our other sacred plants too)

The government is just looking for an excuse to ban so many things out there... i don't believe we should give them that excuse...

I guess the question is do we really want to bring these things to the attention of the general public?

Edited by Mr Stay Puft

If anyone wanted to grab a Mimosa hostilis ....ebay...right now...no bids.....take advantage of the current climate of fear, haha.

maybe dr caldicott could find out the emergency room scenario?? :P

in best possible irish anicdotal tone "and yet again..... DATURA"

in best possible irish anicdotal tone "and yet again..... DATURA"

hehe, maybe someone made c h a n g a with datura as base herb lol

man that would be fucked up....

hehe, maybe someone made c h a n g a with datura as base herb lol

man that would be fucked up....

have heard of said occurrence, not as base but as admixture... im not sure about the interaction with maois, but i know mixes that contained small amounts of brug flower alongside usual potentiators were said to be very full on.

i've heard of tropane admixtures potentiating changa quite nicely......the art of blending......

t s t .