The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Small Town Ecstasy

Just finished watching a documentary titled 'Small Town Ecstasy' about a 40 year old father of four who decides ecstasy would be a great way to overcome his midlife crisis (after a life of complete sobriety). It documents how it affects his life, his kids (who get involved in the scene with him and were the ones that introduced him to E), his ex-wife's reaction to it all, his run-ins with the law and the emotional side of how E has changed his world.

Very interesting to see how it transforms a family and the main character's life (especially in that age bracket). Highly recommended. I believe it can be found via torrent for those who want to check it out.

Probably already a thread about it that I couldn't see - 'Small town ecstasy' came up with so much other crap in chill space I gave up searching... Apologies if it's already been discussed.

Cool thanks. Haven't seen it yet but I plan to. Any other docos to recommend?

hmmm...thanks ace might be worth a look

I wonder if this is where the writers of the tv show 'Breaking Bad' got some of their inspiration. :scratchhead:

This sounds really good. I did a search on the net for it and nothing came up video wise :( Ill keep searching and keep you guys posted.

Gen

there are torrents available

cant find any with a lot of seeders though

Edited by Hagakure

^^^ Yeah there is a torrent on thepiratebay that has 24 seeds atm which could be worse. Best I could find.

I couldn't find a torrent

I know it's available via Isohunt - maybe check there? Should be some seeds but might be a bit of a wait (well worth it though, IMO).

Any other docos to recommend?

I have a few threads regarding docos of similar topics (hit the SE). I have found the following are/were available online:

Emperor of Hemp

Black Tar Heroin

If Drugs Were Legal

The If Debate

Last Hippie Standing

Medical Mavericks – Anaesthesia (about N2O)

Psychedelic Science

The History of LSD

Weird Nature – Peculiar Potions

Attack of the Happy People

How to go out of your mind – the LSD crisis

Is alcohol worse than ecstasy?

LSD: The beyond within

Peyote to LSD (R. E. Schultes)

The Cannabis Years

Taboo: Mind altering drugs

Ecstasy Rising

Hofmann’s Potion

Sacred Weeds (Amanita muscaria, Salvia divinorum, Henbane, Blue Lilly)

Hooked – Illegal Drugs (Cocaine; opium, morphine and heroin; LSD, ecstasy and the raves; marijuana)

Last of the medicine men

Edited by Ace

LSD: The beyond within

I love that doco!

The very start when they're talking about the effects (synesthesia, distortions of reality), and the visual effects of Hoffman's first experience make me laugh everytime.

I have it on my ipod and sometimes listen to it at work... i've watched it enough to have the video playing in my head without looking at it. :D

I am half way through watching "LSD: The beyond within", I like it so far. In parts it is a bit wankish but meh. I would recommend it to anyone with in interest in the subject.

Also it is easy to find on youtube :P I love free movies, lol

Have a gooden,

Gen

Yeah a few of the docos are a bit tacky, however they all seem quite interesting even if they are very over the top at times.

Oh and you can add the following to that list:

Grass

The Hemp Revolution

Super High Me (Super Size Me knock-off - really bad 'doco' IMO, however is interesting anyway)

I saw some of the 'Hooked – Illegal Drugs' thang on my girlfriends foxtel. Was interesting but wasn't exactly much I didn't already know.

Super High Me (Super Size Me knock-off - really bad 'doco' IMO, however is interesting anyway)

Are you shitting me, it is packed with useful information and insightful, well thought out opinions :P It is good for a laugh, I enjoyed it. You don't even have to be baked to watch it, lol.

Also you can watch it online free... watch-movies.com

Gen

Are you shitting me, it is packed with useful information and insightful, well thought out opinions

ROFL - I found it only encouraged urges to irresponsibly abuse cannabis, but that might have been a natural urge spurred on by watching a guy 'legally' stoned out of his mind for a month straight :P Certainly a few good chuckles throughout (though I found the dude to be one seriously lousy comedian), but I found it just showed how many flaws the medicinal cannabis laws in California had (which were actually quite disappointing considering the possibilities that the scheme could have) - and how much someone can happily abuse something that is treated as a religious sacrament in several cultures (and really made me feel pity for those who live their lives baked).

All in all I think the concept was brilliant (not overly original, no, but a nice twist on it), the real downside I found was how poorly it was executed. Perhaps I'm just too critical after seeing much better docos such as 'Grass' and 'Is Alcohol Worse Than Ecstasy?' :blush:

Ha yer well. I will have to suss some more of them docos out. 6 pack and a few hours online are on the cards for me tonight I rekon... Fun fun.

Gen

i watched this one. not what i expected but pretty interesting to see.

how accurate is that brain scan business at the end though?