The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

could i get a id please?

Question

just wanted to know what species this is???

post-4590-1223991944_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bush_Turkey

Is that the one that I was saying looks like pasacana? It looks completely different, although it really wasn't that easy to see how the spination would turn out, I was just going mainly on the density it had at the top.

Yeah dude its the same one. yeah was way too young to idenityfy back the, maybe now is better?

Yeah, I would say cuzcoensis.

yeah shape & new mature spines i would also say cuzco

Edited by mac

To me this looks like a plant sold on SAB, a Tricocereus/Echinopsis peruvianus gnosis

To me this looks like a plant sold on SAB, a Tricocereus/Echinopsis peruvianus gnosis

it was bought at a shop over here about a year ago that does purchase from SAB

Looks like a Trichocereus cuzcoensis to me!

Maybe you could give it as much sun as you could, and force it make the most spines it can give... then you might have more accurate id..

Edited by mutant

What is the fat corn-cob looking cactus in the red pot in the background (middle pic, last post with photos, page 2)? It is dead sexy!

it was bought at a shop over here about a year ago that does purchase from SAB

Sorry all, might have jumped the gun a little on the gnosis thing, I should blow up the pics before I throw a spanner in the works. after having a good look at my cuzco conpared to my gnosis i would lean toward cuzco.

What is the fat corn-cob looking cactus in the red pot in the background (middle pic, last post with photos, page 2)? It is dead sexy!

This one... Rauhocereus? i think link here

Thanks for that! What a neat bunch they are! :drool2:

wats this???

IMHO I would say T.terscheckii, T.pasacana seems to grow a lot more globular conpaired to terscheckii, here are some pics of mine, both are seed grown and are about 2 years old

T.terscheckii

post-5030-1253257848_thumb.jpg

T.pasacana

post-5030-1253258101_thumb.jpg

and here is a pic of my T.cuzcoensis from SAB

post-5030-1253258188_thumb.jpg

lol, A year ago you would've convinced me, but I think we've all decided it's cuzcoensis.

lol, A year ago you would've convinced me, but I think we've all decided it's cuzcoensis.

OK, sorry just trying to help

OK, sorry just trying to help

I wasn't having a go. Sorry if I gave you that impression. Just thought it was funny is all. :)

Well its about a year later and i have had people saying its all sorts (on forums and locally) as to what Trich this is? Thought ill post a few more pics to see if any one can have a stab?

It's a T.peruvianus var KK242. I can take a photo of mine tomorrow if you like.

T. Cuzco is a bit different. The spines are shortish on new growth, and lengthen to 3" or more on older growth. The spines are also finer. I can also take a pic of a Cuzco, but it'll require a trip to the nursery :)

Isn't kk242 a collection area, not a variety? And I thought the common kk242 peruvianus is pretty much accepted to be cuzcoensis now?

Maybe you could give it as much sun as you could, and force it make the most spines it can give... then you might have more accurate id.

My older T. Cuzco tip cut gets a fair amount of sun so spines are going mad & its threw out 3 new base pups during the last month & a half of winter, she is gonna be a nice clumper by the looks of it :wub:

Edited by mac

Isn't kk242 a collection area, not a variety? And I thought the common kk242 peruvianus is pretty much accepted to be cuzcoensis now?

KK242 is both, it's where the plant was collected, and therefore how it's identified.

I don't think T.Cuzco is synonymous with KK242. The plants I've seen identified as T.Cuzco look quite different.

I got a couple of pics of my T. Cuzcoensis tip today & i remember tst had asked if they were a clumper in another thread & mine seems to have those traits , also about turning potted cacti effecting pupping & flowering

This one is pupping like mad & turned often . Im heavy handed on dynamic lifter composted cow poo & lime when i make my home made mixes but my potted plants all seem healthy enough especially my scop

anyhow a few pics of the Cuzco

th_DSCF0001-8.jpg th_DSCF0004-6.jpg th_DSCF0006-4.jpg th_DSCF0003-8.jpg