The Corroboree
bit

ID please?

Question

21 answers to this question

I'd say peruvianoid with about 70% confidence. The rib structure throws me off a little - seems a bit knobblier than usual (mostly just in the second pic), but it could be just a result of a happy plant. Absolutely gorgeous colouring and overall form - you must be a happy camper with that one Bit! :drool2:

I'd be interested to hear MSSmith's (or any other die hard IDer's) opinion on this one.

Very nice plant there bit, a peruvian for sure.

That top pic looks almost identical to T. peruvianus "rosei", an incredible blue unlike any other tricho i have seen :)

I don't own it yet, but hope to do so within the next week. Even if I don't get this tip cutting I'm sure I can convince the nursery to sell me another cutting :)

I'd like to see a picture of a flower.

That's one insane looking Trichocereus.

That might be the one... :huh:

Edited by Teotz'

I don't own it yet, but hope to do so within the next week

Hoping that you are able to nab one Bit - it'd be great to see that in corroboree collections, even if they aren't in oz.

That might be the one...

Here we go again! :P

That's beautiful. Spination similar to a cuzcoensis, but clearly peruvianus due to the glaucosity.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a hybrid cuzco (which this nursery has had before) and bridgesii perhaps. I will definitely inquire about the source.

You might wanna enquire about the growing conditions aswell bit, makes a hell of alot of difference. What you grow outside in sun may look a alot different to what was grown in shade or greenhouse.

Could very well be a hybrid of what you say or just a hybrid like most trichos are. Fits the image of peruvi in my mind well enuff for me.

Split em too much and ya end up with a pile of splinters, lots of mess and no fun ;)

You might wanna enquire about the growing conditions aswell bit, makes a hell of alot of difference. What you grow outside in sun may look a alot different to what was grown in shade or greenhouse.

Could very well be a hybrid of what you say or just a hybrid like most trichos are. Fits the image of peruvi in my mind well enuff for me.

Split em too much and ya end up with a pile of splinters, lots of mess and no fun ;)

It's greenhouse grown without doubt. The nursery has the biggest greenhouse you'll ever see. Public aren't allowed to see in it :( I might have to see about becoming a member of the cactus society as I think they occasionally have tours... that's a little geekier than I want to be though....

Public aren't allowed to see in it

BASTARDS!!

If joining a society/club will grant you access to such collections bit i think it would be a lil crazy not to join, become the cactus geek you know you really are :)

BASTARDS!!

If joining a society/club will grant you access to such collections bit i think it would be a lil crazy not to join, become the cactus geek you know you really are :)

Sadly I lost the auction for this sucker (it went for 2x what I was comfortable with). However I know the nursery often use auctions to guage how a plant will sell in their shop, so I hope to get out there tomorrow or the the next day to get a piece for myself! :D

Dammit.. the nursery won't sell me any more of it... I nearly cried. I have to holdout for more auctions over summer :(:o

DOUBLE BASTARDS!!!

I guess if it went for a crazy price on trademe they would want to keep it for future auctions on the said site. Did they have any info regarding origins/parentage bit?

Man you guys have some nice plants over there.

DOUBLE BASTARDS!!!

I guess if it went for a crazy price on trademe they would want to keep it for future auctions on the said site. Did they have any info regarding origins/parentage bit?

Man you guys have some nice plants over there.

I didn't bother to ask about the source, forgot after being rejected :( He said they don't have much of it :( Sooo gutted. If I had known I would have paid the stupid price on the auction... grrrr.

I tired getting one too. No real luck...

WE NEED THIS CACTUS!!! :drool2:

Edited by Teotz'

I tired getting one too. No real luck...

WE NEED THIS CACTUS!!! :drool2:

I won't give up ;) Have a couple of different avenues I can try. I *think* I've done business with one of the people who works there before. Will try to check it out.

Finally!!! I won an auction for a piece of this cactus!!! I will have it in my hot lil hands some time this week. Cost me $1 per cm, which is more than I like to pay (hey I'm a bargain hunter so sue me), but it's fresh genetics for my colletion so that's ok. I'm pretty sure this was the last piece they'll be selling for a good while. Straight into the greenhouse for this one I think, keep the blue for as long as possible :D

81856811_full.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

well done..thats the spirit keep hunting and keep expanding your collection..nice score Bit you really must be stoked.

H.

Looks like a phenotype thats being circulated in USA, falsley as T glaucus..

It's nice whatever it is??? Reminds me of a pilocereus hybrid ive seen too...

We love knobbiness here at Corroboree!!! Keep up the good fight brother!!!!!!