The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sharxx101

ID PLEASE!!! Good size cuttings

Question

I went to a freinds place today and on the way their I found a guy that has heaps of cacti. So naturally I asked him if I could get a few cuttings if I paid him. He didnt know much about cactus and I am a bit unsure on the id of some of them. Few look like peruvianus not sure if they are crossed with anything, one super pedro and 2 bridges. i also got what I think is a pedro monstrose. These all came off huge mother plants. Id please

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/s...01/IMG_6890.jpg

I think Pedro monstrose

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/s...01/IMG_6897.jpg

Edited by sharxx101

16 answers to this question

Nice score!

First pic - two on the right are T. bridgesii, the two central and far left all appear to be the same and I'd guess some sort of peruvianoid (would be keen to hear some expert opinions on those), the really green (second from left) is quite odd looking - a little like the Yowie clone (pachanoid). All appear to be Trichs, so very good find!

Second pic - Cereus peruvianus f. monstrose. Quite common and very unusual look about them - one of my favourite cacti :)

1st picture from left to right- Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichcoereus pachanoi, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus bridgesii, Trichocereus bridgesii.

Those three Trichocereus peruvianus cuts are all the same plant correct? They look really nice.

2nd picture- No clue.

(*Note*- ID cannot be 100% without closer pics, and pics of the flower and fruit)

Edited by Teotz'

Hey, Sharxx... if you don't mind me asking, what did that lot set you back - nice score...

That'll add to the collection nicely...

Nice cacti. I particularly like the peruvians, they look really fat and healthy

1st picture from left to right- Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichcoereus pachanoi, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus peruvianus, Trichocereus bridgesii, Trichocereus bridgesii.

Those three Trichocereus peruvianus cuts are all the same plant correct? They look really nice.

2nd picture- No clue.

(*Note*- ID cannot be 100% without closer pics, and pics of the flower and fruit)

They are from 2 different plants. 1 of the cuttings spilt in half cause the guy dropped it. and the other top cutting is off another plant. Nice and blue!!!

The first is the top of the fourth?

They make an unmistakable noise when they fall over an strike ornamental lawn edging.

Edited by Garbage

Hey, Sharxx... if you don't mind me asking, what did that lot set you back - nice score...

That'll add to the collection nicely...

I paid a fair price for them, I am probably gonna sell or trade a cutting or two so I dont really wanna say how much I got them for. They wernt cheap if thats what your asking. I am gonna get more soon. I will get pics of the cactus farm next time.

EDITED: Decent looking cuts you have there sharxx101. I agree with the above ID's.

P.S: Not sure if you got my PM, but I have decided to edit these posts of mine anyway. Hopefully we can sort it out, I really didn't set out to offend (if you can believe it), and I don't have a beef with you.

...and chill jono am attempting to fix this up, and no I agree, it wasn't funny at all and it really wasn't meant to be.

Phos-

Edited by Phos D

No problem Phos all sorted.

:lol:

Edited by sharxx101

EDIT: :wub:

Edited by Phos D

EDIT:

Edited by sharxx101

Thanks for the ID Ace and Teotz.

i dont see whats so funny about the above comments. phos i dont see the point of that post other than maybee u are menstruating and need to project some hormonal anguish.

nice pics sharxx, that split one should make for a nice assay.

let us know how it goes! beautiful peruvian.

i dont see whats so funny about the above comments. phos i dont see the point of that post other than maybee u are menstruating and need to project some hormonal anguish.

nice pics sharxx, that split one should make for a nice assay.

let us know how it goes! beautiful peruvian.

Thanks Incognito. Yeah I think Phos has some anger management issues he needs to deal with.

Whats funny is how easily everyone takes offense. Why be so volatile? Sharxx you and only you know what your intentions are and by getting stirred up you make soemon elses problem yours, Phos whether you beleive what u wrote or not is irrelevant but quite obviously better to keep your thoughts to yourself, If only to keep the peace, don't make your problem become his or hers or anyone elses.........

Edited by Free Man