The Corroboree
Stinkmeat

A few of My Artworks - Image heavy

A collection of artworks that I have done over the past couple of years. They never get much exposure outside of friends, so let me know what you think.:) My style varies all the time and there are a few different materials used. Mostly just pencil drawings though. As you can probably tell, most of my inspiration comes from cartoons/animation and psychedelics.

post-3855-1221543067_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543079_thumb.jpg post-3855-1221543107_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543116_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543126_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543154_thumb.jpg post-3855-1221543176_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543189_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543199_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543221_thumb.jpg post-3855-1221543699_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543241_thumb.jpgpost-3855-1221543262_thumb.jpg

Not all of them are finished so excuse the roughness.

Stink

post-3855-1221543067_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543079_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543107_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543116_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543126_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543154_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543176_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543189_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543199_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543221_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543241_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543262_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543699_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543067_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543079_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543107_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543116_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543126_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543154_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543176_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543189_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543199_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543221_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543241_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543262_thumb.jpg

post-3855-1221543699_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome!

I really like your style. Cartoony but still very human...

Second one is my fav but I also really like far left on the bottom row of three.

Well done.

i love the way the bodies are essentially existing as if created straight into the ether with no past or future. the just are as they are.

and how do you make patterns like that beard there? funk styles.

bless

Thanks for the replies! :lol:

It makes me want to put my mind to this a bit more than I have been.

My favourite one is the one that MORG mentioned. The far left on the bottom row of 3.

Reptyle - With that beard pattern, I think I just started with the section directly below his chin. I tried to get it somewhat symetrical, but went a bit AWOL. Then I went on the the 4 main spirals on each side. I usually don't do it all at once, just the significant designs at first, then go back and fill the gaps with smaller ones. I don't know if that will make any sense at all :wink: Hopefully it does.

Thanks again

Stink

Edited by Stinkmeat

do you have an account somewhere e.g. deviantart?

i like the freaky guy with the plants behind him.

yah see what you means mahn...very clearly infact.

visions of a creator,

blessjah

do you have an account somewhere e.g. deviantart?

i like the freaky guy with the plants behind him.

Nah, I don't have an account anywhere thunder. Probably should make one aye :wink:

The guy with the plants behind him is one of my favourites too, it was one of the first that I tried using comic book-style shading on. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Stink

Edited by Stinkmeat

Nah, I don't have an account anywhere thunder. Probably should make one aye :wink:

F@#k oath man. Those drawing are radical! And i don't use that word often.

Keep up the good work bro!

cheers

Its already been said, but those are AWESOME! Please, get some more drawings happening! I just love the simplicity hybridised with complexity - a complete paradox that seems to work very well B)

Looks what happens to a alien that does a anal probe nonsterilely [without a condum] and gets aids.

Looks what happens to a alien that does a anal probe nonsterilely [without a condum] and gets aids.

hahahahaha indeed it does

yeah man for sure, deviantart seems like a cool community for artists (i just browse, although after a while the pictures start to download very slowly??????)

you will get feedback from other visual artists, they will put some of your work in their 'favourites' section, you can do online collaborations and stuff. i think you will get much more feedback there than you have here.

Again, thanks for the replies. It's cool that everyone has chosen different drawings as their favourites.

I'm making a Deviant Art account as we speak. I'll only be putting the ones I have on here for now. I'll let you's know when I add any extras. :wink: Some extra feedback is always a good thing.

I have only looked through one issue of Juxtapoz AA. It has some really cool stuff in it. The hardcover Tattoo and Illistration books look worthy of purchase too.

Ima get to work on some more and post them here ASAP.

Stink

Don't have much constructive to add, but I reckon you've got some awesome works there and just had to add my opinion :)

your artwork is fantastic, and somehow it feels to me like sketching and drawing, comes easy to you and you have a good time doing so. isn't funny how different people like different images? the first one is my favorite, as it reminds me very much of art deco (well executed fracture in the backround, interresstin to have the face at the edge).

looks like you already, work in your own personal style, super, thanks for sharing! B)

Edited by planthelper

Thanks guys :wub:

It is a bit wierd having that face at the edge of the page. When I draw I don't really plan it out, it just sorta happens. I just started that face and liked it, so rather than possibly ruining it buy moving it, I just did the rest of the stuff around it.

My style always changes, but there seems to be a few core elements that stay the same. That core seems to come through in most of my works.

Stink

Fantastic use of inconography and well developed sense of anatomy and understanding of the skeletal underpinning's of the human form.

I am particularly drawn to the images where you use more dynamic compositional elements such as the figure entering the pictorial space from unusual angles.

I feel you could push the tonal range of the works as you are comfortably sitting in the midtonal range.

Have you considered creating a sense of scale in the works? This could be achieved by using basic vanishing points and placement of the figuration along its axis. They needn't be as detailed as the foreground figures and silhouettes would serve this purpose or slightly blurred amorphic abstractions of the main figure.

I think also be mindful of the media you are using. A heavy GSM watercolour paper such as Ma Tiennes has a moderate texture and would aid in tonal diversity and surface interest.

Have you considered working on a tonal ground?

I really like them.

What prices are you considering? I would be interested.

excellent, you seem to know where you are going with it all, love the fine detail and depth to the images, like a long corridor and the viewer can decide whether to venture forth and come back, quite a difficult thing to capture that I have not seen a lot of personally.

Fantastic use of inconography and well developed sense of anatomy and understanding of the skeletal underpinning's of the human form.

I am particularly drawn to the images where you use more dynamic compositional elements such as the figure entering the pictorial space from unusual angles.

I feel you could push the tonal range of the works as you are comfortably sitting in the midtonal range.

Have you considered creating a sense of scale in the works? This could be achieved by using basic vanishing points and placement of the figuration along its axis. They needn't be as detailed as the foreground figures and silhouettes would serve this purpose or slightly blurred amorphic abstractions of the main figure.

I think also be mindful of the media you are using. A heavy GSM watercolour paper such as Ma Tiennes has a moderate texture and would aid in tonal diversity and surface interest.

Have you considered working on a tonal ground?

I really like them.

What prices are you considering? I would be interested.

Great post Tripitaka! Thanks A LOT for the input. It's got me thinking about my artwork from a different angle.

I am only just starting to experiment with variation of tone. To be honest, I'm not overly confident doing so, as I often fuck it up. So I play it safe mostly. That's a learning experience though. :wink:

As for the vanishing points, scale and depth etc. I mess around with it a bit. It's definitely something I need to put more focus on.

I've never really had any idea of what materials work best with others. I will look into the watercolour paper you mentioned. I really need to start using colour more as a whole. I have no idea what tonal ground is either, lol, care to fill me in?

And, yet another thing I have no idea on is the price. It would probably depend which artwork/s you are interested in. I have never sold artworks, so have no clue where the price range should even start. I'll PM you regarding that.

Thanks again.

Edit: Your post only just popped up gerbil. Thanks for the input :lol:

Stink

Edited by Stinkmeat

Cool stuff..are these big in size or are they on A4 size..I kinda like the spiral..its nice but that egg in the middle could be soooooo much more..

cool though none the less.

also why don't you use them in your avatar like a blend from one to the other..that way peeps can see your art more often.

peace

Hunab.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Yeah man pics are looking the tits, heaps love the guy next to beardface just lying there chilling - just really like the simplicity of his face both comical and human yet alien-like!

Howdy ho,

This is a new drawing I did after some astral travels in Peru.

In my dream, this being was trying to reach inside my chest with it's tentacles. For some reason it was telling me it was unable to break through. Not sure what that means, but I thought it was a cool drawing none the less.

Enjoy :P

post-3855-1257913161_thumb.jpg

• Like 1