The Corroboree
Torsten

All members with zero posts will be deleted

All members with zero posts will be deleted if they have been here for more than 6 months. While I don't actually mind lurkers, the reason why we need to delete them is because it is the only way we can sort the spammers automatically from the database. So, if you like to stick around and want to keep your accoount active then make sure to make at least one post immediately [eg introduce yourself in the chill space or make a comment somewhere].

This thread will stay a sticky in this forum as I will periodically make these deletes.

I recommend any new member to make a post within 3 months of signing up or they risk deletion!

I just had a look and there are nearly 500 members who signed up since jan 07 who have zero posts [the ones before this date have already been deleted].

if you account is deleted because you missed this notice, feel free to sign up again. The same name should be available.

I have just deleted all members who have zero posts and who have not been active since July 08. This is a reminder for everyone to make at least one post before they go into lurk mode.

Sorry, I have to enfoce this as we are getting more and more spammer sign ups that clutter the system.

Torsten in Terminator mode!

If they dont contribute to this great forum then they should be deleted. They can view in guest mode!!!

Terminate them!!!

• Like 1

Actually, if it wasn't for spammers I wouldn't have a problem with lurkers. It's just that the current method I use to filter spammers out leaves them registered, but inactive. [spammers usually do not cope with the delay between registration and approval]. So, to keep the member number realistic I need to delete the dead spammers periodically. This will invariably also include a few members who haven't posted, but they can always sign up again.

Would be more fun if the lurkers where all flirters, spice the place up a little :P

• Like 1

hi ronny my names marsha your beard is sooo hot

just a quick post to make sure i"ve posted once (i dont remember)

I intend to actually post some day

haha, good idea to use this thread for that purpose.

spam spam spam (need more thread posts to pm but have no time right now to make real contribution)

so this is what happened to my previous accounts...

time to start contributing!

*posting*

Heh. I mean I intend to contribute where I can, but at the moment there's a bit of a learning curve for me.

*Goes back to reading* :lol:

Heh. I mean I intend to contribute where I can, but at the moment there's a bit of a learning curve for me.

I understand the feeling Wood, just have a read through old posts to build up knowledge, try and find a niche interest and I guarantee their will be dozens of similar minded people willing to chat.

or you could just do what i do when im at a loss for words and post a random picture :blink:

may as well say hello while I'm here, wouldn't want to be deleted anytime soon. I love this site!! I've learnt so much from everyone since being here! Thank you all! Peace!! smile.gif

Actually, if it wasn't for spammers I wouldn't have a problem with lurkers. It's just that the current method I use to filter spammers out leaves them registered, but inactive. [spammers usually do not cope with the delay between registration and approval]. So, to keep the member number realistic I need to delete the dead spammers periodically. This will invariably also include a few members who haven't posted, but they can always sign up again.

It'd be because of the lag time in joining and waiting for an admin so one can actually post. Was quite annoying waiting to post but I'd keep it to filter one-timers. :P

First post..(so i am not deleted). I have been reading the threads from this forum for quite a while, and decided to join so i can get the full benefit of the information provided . Now i can see images which i could not see as a non-member. I am not highly knowledgeable in any particular field, so it is unlikely that i will be able to contribute much.

Thanks .

I need to make a few posts to access my profile. Nothing to see here... Sorry :)

So I have to post a few times to access my profile?

yes