The Corroboree
Genesis

Muscimol warning

Hey kids,

Just thought I would drill a warning in. Recently my mate came to me excited telling me he scored some magic mushrooms. "Yes?", I said, "And where did you pick these?".

"Ohh no, I bought them!"

"Well! Who'd you score them off?", I quizzed.

He went on to tell me he came across them in a store and they were being sold as Faerie Pillows or some shite. Dried, shredded Amanita's. The instructions said you put the bag under your pillow whilst you sleep for enhanced dreams. The store assistant said differently,

"Take a quarter of the bag and in an hour, if you don't feel anything, take another quarter".

My mate told me he was saving them for a spare weekend. I caught up with him recently and asked him how his lil' weekend went.

"Well I thought fuck it, I ate the whole bag in one go", was his response.

He then went on to tell me that he didn't see any hallucinations or have any feelings of well being. No. He spent the whole night running from room to room in another mates house projectile vomiting on walls and carpet. He said it was one of the worst nights of his life and the next day he still had abdominal pains.

"Sounds like Muscimol poisoning to me", I said.

"Musca-wha?" He replied.

The lesson is just because it is sold in stores and you think its safe doesn't mean it's not going to fuck you up. Luckly it it didn't do any damage that I know of...

Muscimol has been known to put people into comas or even in extreme cases death. Not something to be fucked with by the sounds of it.

Have a good one,

Gen

That sucks.

Maybe he should have listened to the store keepers advice...

edited...

further research shows what i said was misleading & untrue

Edited by Paradox

You're supposed to treat them with heat first... to do the ibotenic acid / muscimol conversion. It's not the muscimol that does the poisoning anyway, it's the ibotenic acid... but where did these muscimol deaths occur?

Edited by Undergrounder

Boil them first' it converts the Ibotic acid to Muscomol'

It is the Ibotic acid that makes you chuck'

We have never been so called ill off Amanita' Muscaria' we eat loads of them'

Sometimes as much as 36 grams a time'

Ibotic acid/un-heat-treated shrooms' cause serious stomach upsets'

Awesom lady "Amanita"

Much respect' we shall be picking this winters' store' flash dry them in the oven'

Then make tea'

Lovely'

Muscamol is in no way so called poisonious' only the Ibotic acid' get you dancing like father xmas n' his helpers'

15x shall turn you into a warrior with the strength of 4 men'

Ez

Nobunoni +

Edited by Nobun

or maybe the storekeeper was being blatently irresponsible selling what was probably wild picked australian A. muscaria & telling vulnerable people to eat it.

it's pretty well known that wild australian Fly Agarics often have high proportions of undesirable compounds.

It is??

it's pretty well known that wild australian Fly Agarics often have high proportions of undesirable compounds.

For some reason Oz's Muscaria makes ya puke everywhere! While Siberian Amanita Muscaria (when prepared the right way) trasports you to a magical dream land!

are you sure it's the oz muscarias that cause the nausea, not the oz ignorance of how to prepare them?

Muscarias are really popular AND LEGAL overseas and have been a staple of ethnobotanical suppliers for many years. This volume and popularity raises awareness of how to prepare and use them and limits the number of adverse reactions.

I've had both and can't tell the difference.

For some reason Oz's Muscaria makes ya puke everywhere! While Siberian Amanita Muscaria (when prepared the right way) trasports you to a magical dream land!

Teotz, you seem hung up on everything in Australia being wildly different to everywhere else on earth. In some cases this is true, as far as most entheogens are concerned, we are really quite similar to the rest of the world. The reason this person was puking was (as stated above) because of ibotenic acid poisoning, not just muscimol consumption.

The storekeeper is just as much at fault for recommending comsumption of these without offering necessary precautions/advice (as well as encouraging the law to be broken [if in Aus]) as the person who willingly overdosed because they thought they could handle something they clearly do not understand.

A valuable lesson can be learned here: know what you are doing before messing around with anything - natural or not.

"Take a quarter of the bag and in an hour, if you don't feel anything, take another quarter".

"Well I thought fuck it, I ate the whole bag in one go", was his response.

He spent the whole night running from room to room in another mates house projectile vomiting on walls and carpet. He said it was one of the worst nights of his life and the next day he still had abdominal pains.

:BANGHEAD2:

are you sure it's the oz muscarias that cause the nausea, not the oz ignorance of how to prepare them?

no i'm not sure & yes thats probably true. my original statement is pretty unfounded. i don't have personal experience but a lot of what i've read seems to suggest that could be the case & i've been involved in a number of discussions here in the past about it. i accept that it could be bullshit :)

oh well, my bad :slap:

either way, Fly's seem to be quite unpredictable in their effects & selling them as 'Faerie Pillow's & telling vulnerable, ignorant people to eat it is just dodgy.

edit: typo

Edited by Paradox

BUMP ! !

Ha ha ha ha projectile vomiting'

He should have took Ayahuasca or Iboga' then he could have convin=ced himself he was poisoned' psychicaly =)))

Sorry folks'

I rolled on the floor and laughed so hard I got a stich'

All these shrooms are the same'

It is best to take a decent dose of Muscamol because low doses get you tied into your body' and can be very uncomfortable'

Pick the head of the shroom' cut it up into managble pieces as squeeze out the liquid' (put the liquid in a spoon and boil it gently with your lighter' drink when cold' Woooooooooooooosh') or soak the head of the shroom in alcohol' (evap said alcohol) mix the resultant brown sticky gunk with some water and boil it gently in a spoon' drink as of when cool' Wooooooooooooooooooosh' ha ha ha ha

Fuck swallowing Ibotic acid'

OK I shall shut up now cos I ingested 400mg of 15x about 2 hours ago'

My psychi is crackling' my energies are extremly high' body numb' slight sweatiness' very excited' imence body strenght' eyes closed is chaos' kind of baroque patterns of golds' yellows reds' little plashes of green an blue' my head has lit up like xmas tree' Eyes open things look a bit distorted' walls are wavy' flowing' no patterns' a lot of shimmering mirroring' side vision is distorted and jumpy' sometime the experience bounces with my heart beat' like being in the womb'My hands are huge typing this' the c0omputer looks real tiny' Big sigh' rush rush rush' Oh my ha ha ha ha ha'

Bliss

Ez

Nobunoni +

Had to be done folks' cos of all the shit folks keep sticking on the net about the lady Amanita' and now every hair on my body is standing on end an my energies are flying'

Awe'

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hee hee hee

Results come from learning to prepare the said plant for consimption correctly'

You would never try to eat Kasava unless you fermented it to get rid of the Cyonide glucasides'

So why try to eat Ibotic acid'

=)))

The shop keeper could have been correct about his statement' Ibotic acid is converted in the stomach to Muscamol' but only a little of it' so you are going to have to suppere the effects of the Ibotic acid on your system' instead of the psycho-active Muscamol'

All of the sleepy dreamyness' body load' nausia is caused from untreated Ibotic acid'

Need a walk'

Have a great day you all'

Bless

Nobunoni +

He went on to tell me he came across them in a store and they were being sold as Faerie Pillows

What store, was this in australia?

I have had some friends get some of these mushies and they ate them fresh and chucked. They felt shit for that whole night. I have never heard of the spoon technique I will have to let them know but I dont think they are game. I have read that you can soak them in water for 1 hour (fresh mushies) then drink the water and have a great experiance. I have other friends that smoke them and they told me it is good but you have to smoke heaps and get a real mild effect of sedation. What is the best way to prepare the lady muscarias. They have to be special they are in the Mario bros and all the fairly tales. King of the shrooms the Fly argic

He went on to tell me he came across them in a store and they were being sold as Faerie Pillows

What store, was this in australia?

After he told me about it I was gunna go check it out, but alas I never got the oppertunity.

I find it a little funny that my mate fucked himself up. He is always boasting about how much he knows when it come to things of this nature. He was trying to tell me for ages that acid is made from cactus... He didn't like it when I proved him wrong.

One of the last times I saw him he told me he got DMT then produced a baggie of what looked to be bark, like a chunk of bark. His plan was to smoke it in a pipe.

HARSH.

Good luck to him...

Cheers for the response,

Gen

*Edit: My bad, I am a fucking idiot*

Edited by Genesis

May I just point out that the possession, sale, supply, processing etc of amanitas is illegal in australia. Muscimol is scheduled. Can't remember in which act/schedule, but I think it was something federal.

sharkxxx - please read the posts prior to yours as they clearly outline what makes Amanitas toxic and how to avoid this. Amanitas contain very little muscimol, but plenty of ibotenic acid. Ibotenic acid is toxic. However ibotenic acid is also converted to muscimol after being exposed to temperatures around 100C for a few minutes.

Iboenic acid is stable, however Muscimol is unstable, so it is preferred to store or sell amanitas in their untreated form, but these should always be heat treated before consumption. basically, if you get sick from amanitas then you've done it wrong. Muscimol is very gentle and the only effect from overdose is usually coma or death, but rarely puking.

Are you kidding?

Amanitas are illegal?!

Oz is the only nation in the world I've ever heard of that made Amanitas illegal.

Why don't you just tell us when stuff ISN'T illegal in Oz?

Teotz, you seem hung up on everything in Australia being wildly different to everywhere else on earth. In some cases this is true, as far as most entheogens are concerned, we are really quite similar to the rest of the world. The reason this person was puking was (as stated above) because of ibotenic acid poisoning, not just muscimol consumption.

I can't remember why but Oz's Amanitas are KNOWN to be different from ones in other parts of the world and are KNOWN to do little more than make you sick!

The major limitations upon their use, particularly the use of A. muscaria, is the severe nausea and violent vomiting which follow ingestion. In New Zealand, attempts have been made to reduce this effect by peeling the red `skin' from the cap, and by drying the mushrooms in the sun for several days. These preparation methods have not proven to be successful, and hence the mushroom is ingested only by the poorly informed, although it is quite wide spread in its distribution. In fact, the consequences of ingestion are so unpleasant that one is led to speculate that the A. muscaria employed by Siberian tribesmen contains a different balance of chemicals to that found in New Zealand, which almost no users are prepared to consume more than once.

Link!!!

Edited by Teotz'

Teotz that book by John Allen is just plain wrong in so many ways... i don't know if its erowid's fault though for just not updating it, but there are so many mistakes in there.

I know lots of people SAY that A. muscaria in Australia are not very good, but i don't think it's KNOWN that its the case... most of the misinformation no doubt comes from John's book. I used to think that too (because of that book), but since then i've heard of plenty of people in Australia getting effects from A. muscaria without getting sick, so its definitely not KNOWN. Personally i've never tried them, but next Autumn i might give it a go.

and P.S. Australia is just about the first nation in the world to declare drugs and entheogens illegal. If there's the slightest doubt about something it gets scheduled... the glaring difference is lophs... but who knows how that will last.

Ok' you no prepare them you are going to eat Ibotic acid'

Ibotic acid is converted to Muscamol by heat'

Boil them' drink the water' eat the shrooms' lovely'

Traditionaly the shrooms are roasted on a stick in the fire until completely flash dried and then eaten'

As to the comments in the book mentioned on Erowid' Utter load of cobblers'

I came down a while ago' after about 11 hours'

Awesome experience'

OK I am game' as of when they come up in Oz' or Nz' send em to me' I shall process and eat them' and tell you of what I find'

So much rubbish on the net about the lady Amanita' just cos folks have no clue of how to prepare them'

Awesome journeys folks =)))

Ez

Nobunoni +

Edited by Nobun

Are you kidding?

Amanitas are illegal?!

Oz is the only nation in the world I've ever heard of that made Amanitas illegal.

Why don't you just tell us when stuff ISN'T illegal in Oz?

I can't remember why but Oz's Amanitas are KNOWN to be different from ones in other parts of the world and are KNOWN to do little more than make you sick!

Link!!!

He he he'

Lovely Amanitas ! !

post-4658-1220482472_thumb.jpg

are they amanitas growing in cultivation?

has that been worked out now?

christian ratsch writes of a smoking blend mixing cannabis,amanita and brug[or equivalent].

t s t .

Edited by t st tantra

OK' they are standing in the peat in the bowl for to collect the spore' then the peat is thrown under the Silver Birch tree in our garden'

Shall let you know of what comes of them' they grew there last year so we are hoping for many more this year'

The Amanita requires a tree for to be able to feed the mycila'

I have seen kits for these shrooms' but they no grow as you would grow Cubensis' so am guessing the kits are bunk'

You can transplant the Amanita by cutting a piece of the stem' then place it in a shallow trench' very close to pine and Silver Birch' or Oak'

I picked these last year'

Bliss

Nobunoni +

Those amanitas in a tub - are they yours or pulled off the net (or are they just fresh picked shrooms plonked into compost for a picture)? I've seen similar ones online and they definately look to be cultivated (I think they were on this site, but cant find the exact pix now - there's one on this page tho). I'd love to see some info on how it is done considering they are a mycorrhizal (sp?) species that needs (very specific) living tree roots to grow with in a symbiotic relationship. Anyway, thats probably best off in another thread to keep this one on track :)

Edit: nevermind my post - Nobun has clarified above (very slow between typing and posting this morning - damn work :P).

Nobun, another idea would be to scrape spore prints, pour the spores into a sprayer pack (like those used for weed killer - obviously a clean one :P) with a bit of water and spray the solution onto the ground around suitable tree species (like the one you mentioned above). Ideally you would want to move a little soil away so you can spray directly onto the roots, but I dont know if this method has been tried, or if it has been successful. It might also be worth trying the same thing with a liquid culture solution too. Good on ya for trying though - will be interesting to see if you have any luck! :)

Edited by Ace